Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Hoping the returning guys are eased back in. The following weekend is when UConn will really need them.

Reaction Score

->Mora says Jones is a student of the game and “studies like crazy.”

“I love coaching that young man,” Mora said. “He’s so passionate about football. He wants to do everything he can every single week to be as prepared as he can to go out on the field and play well. … Being a good football player is so important to him. Winning football games is so important to him and being prepared.” <-

-> WIth a short week to prepare for UMass, UConn changed up its routine, switching practices to late afternoon/early evening. “We wanted to make sure we maximized our preparation time, maximized the time our players have to rest and recover yet still get the work that we needed to get done on the field,” Mora said. <-

Reaction Score

->Mora says Jones is a student of the game and “studies like crazy.”

“I love coaching that young man,” Mora said. “He’s so passionate about football. He wants to do everything he can every single week to be as prepared as he can to go out on the field and play well. … Being a good football player is so important to him. Winning football games is so important to him and being prepared.” <-

-> WIth a short week to prepare for UMass, UConn changed up its routine, switching practices to late afternoon/early evening. “We wanted to make sure we maximized our preparation time, maximized the time our players have to rest and recover yet still get the work that we needed to get done on the field,” Mora said. <-

This Coach is a smart Dude.

Reaction Score
Uconn is playing a Don Brown team. That means lots of blitzes and one-on-one coverages for their DBs. It is an aggressive, high risk-high reward scheme. We saw it in his year at UConn and it had some highs and lows even with a crew of future NFL players (Gratz and Blidi at the corners and the likes of Shamar Stephen, Sio Moore, and Trev Williams in the front 8). His defense can look great when clicking an all cylinders, but is also susceptible to big plays if the UConn O-line does their job and the passes are accurate. I hope that UConn has the guts to take several deep shots with Marion and maybe even Ross if he is 100%.
I worry about the blind side cornerback blitz like the one ZT never saw coming in the Fresno game,

Reaction Score
I don't want anyone to think that this fan is looking past UMass in any way.
Hmmmm. With all due respect you then proceed to do so.
But a week from this Saturday is a completely different story. So I want to reassure everyone that I have ordered up sleet and freezing rain for the Liberty game. I thought about snow but decided sleet and freezing rain would be more effective. Any help y'all could provide to make this happen would be appreciated.
As a diehard that stood until the end at the South Florida game in the freezing snow, rain and sleet, not sure of your point. Very, very little crowd left to witness a great win and cheer on the team. Unbelievable Taggart field goal on the last play.

I will be hoping for decent seasonal weather so our slowly rebuilding fan base continues to do so. Do you attend games?
Really nasty weather will do nothing but hurt attendance, the fun we have tailgating and the income of the vendors trying to make a living.
Our ability to beat Liberty should not be determined by the weather gods but by our team that under any conditions I believe will do so.

UMass up next and supposed to be a wonderful weather evening. Another to bring back / redevelop our fan base.

Reaction Score
UCONN has risen like a Phoenix, steadily climbing up the rankings
UMass is currently #131
2021 was an aberration
Home Field and Home Crowd
UCONN coming off the bcu win with more than enough story lines
New England FBS Championship at stake
Now let's take care of business

Reaction Score
Hmmmm. With all due respect you then proceed to do so.

As a diehard that stood until the end at the South Florida game in the freezing snow, rain and sleet, not sure of your point. Very, very little crowd left to witness a great win and cheer on the team. Unbelievable Taggart field goal on the last play.

I will be hoping for decent seasonal weather so our slowly rebuilding fan base continues to do so. Do you attend games?
Really nasty weather will do nothing but hurt attendance, the fun we have tailgating and the income of the vendors trying to make a living.
Our ability to beat Liberty should not be determined by the weather gods but by our team that under any conditions I believe will do so.

UMass up next and supposed to be a wonderful weather evening. Another to bring back / redevelop our fan base.
So sorry you took offense to a totally tongue in cheek post. My apologies. Btw it is very difficult to arrange weather, so I felt it necessary to get a head start. ;)

I will be listening on the radio on Friday night having long ago cut the cable chord.

Twenty seven years ago I sustained a running injury to the right knee. A week ago it was finally replaced. I will no doubt be in bed icing the knee after PT but listening intently.

Reaction Score
?? Bue end zones back??

We taking a page out of Boise State/Eastern Washington U playfield playbook... Field grass all blue??? Or are we doing a blue out uni wise and T-shirt wise?

Reaction Score

With him getting the opportunity to communicate with the media like this it seems definite now that we get to finally see this talented young man under Friday night lights against UMass... I'm happy for him... He was (maybe still is) bar far, the best WR on our team... Hope he can finish strong in '22 on the playing field... such an added bonus for this team.. our program in general...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom