Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Not an expert and new to the board. I think Mora is a contender for COTY. Not many would have predicted a bowl possibility a year ago for this team. As a long time fan, exceptionally happy with this season. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
A good amount of threads are about where we stand in the rankings, so obviously a bunch of people do care.
Disagree. Big difference between reporting on it, and being happy we’re clearly getting better, and truly caring where in the bottom third of the country you rank. But whatever. If it’s meaningful to you, then by all means root for all of our opponents and explain to ‘Bama fans why they should be rooting for Auburn and Ohio State fans why they should be rooting for Michigan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Keep winning Mora, that is the only way.
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I doubt and hope Mora isn’t focused on attendance. It took a decade to drive our fan base away — it’s not going to be a quick fix getting them back.
Selling tickets is part of the job. And the fix may be quicker than you think. Going to games under 2.0 had become a chore, an ordeal to be endured. In just one season, games are fun again and the crowd is already returning.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Let Business Lawyer Know , THE MISTAKE BY THE LANDING STRIP is an outdated, Bald Tire, needing repair, built in the wrong place to begin with. Today's Students will NEVER go, and Alumni like myself, have no interest in spending a day in crappy East Hartford. That's he attendance problem.
Not sure where you are getting your information but last night the student section was nearly full, the best attended (by them at least) in longer than I remember.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not sure where you are getting your information but last night the student section was nearly full, the best attended (by them at least) in longer than I remember.
Why don't you have this putz on ignore by now? He's clearly just trolling, and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Reaction Score
23,400 is not a bad crowd for a game against UMass at this stage of the rebuild. We are now the best team in New England and should stay in this position as long as we have JM. The crowds will grow as we continue to win. Building up the schedule is the difficult part. BC is going downhill, probably #3 program in New England in a couple of years. Getting home and home with BC, SU, Pitt & Rutgers is really difficult, but getting 1 home for 2 road is very doable. It’s something we should pursue. We travel very well when we are winning and these are short trips for us.

Reaction Score
Looking at the coaching options out there in the P5 and I don't see how he is not a serious consideration for a few places. Gulp - Colorado. Gulp - Georgia Tech. Or a call from Arizona St or even Nebraska. One other - Colorado St (Mora loves the mountains). At least a call. Bet he has had a few calls this morning from the usual back channel process to see where his headspace is at.

About Colorado; crazy me thinks having 6+ win seasons back to back would be easier here with our schedule than Colorado.
Bronco Mendenhall would be a great fit for CU

Reaction Score
Let Business Lawyer Know , THE MISTAKE BY THE LANDING STRIP is an outdated, Bald Tire, needing repair, built in the wrong place to begin with. Today's Students will NEVER go, and Alumni like myself, have no interest in spending a day in crappy East Hartford. That's he attendance problem.
Well, I.m surprised it took that long for blaming the Rent for our attendance problems. First, you are in a bankrupt state despite what you see in the political commercials this week. This state isn’t about to build a new stadium with access roads to put it in Storrs.

Second, I have been in many stadiums around the country and the Rent is among the best from a fan stand point. Notre Dame [yes we won] seats are small and uncomfortable. It is impossible to sit in Penn State seats in the winter with coats on. The Rose bowl is impossible to sit in even in Bermudas unless you sit sidesaddle. Yankee Stadium site lines are terrible. The Phila. Eagles stadium in also not good as is Giants Stadium, not to mention the traffic.

Bottom line, the attendance problem is the quality of the team. In Big East days we had no problem filling the rent at night or whenever against teams like Syracuse, Pitt or West Virginia. . Surprisingly, the students showed up. In short, lets stop wishing the stadium was somewhere else and all our attendance problems would be solved if it were in Storrs.

Reaction Score
It bothers me that he is going side to side risking hitting the red and white lines. Maybe do a couple more blue margins first. Cool nevertheless.

The Battle Of New England. UCONN to win the B.O.N.E.
Don't be bothered. Someone else painting it gives you more time to come up with an acronym for an annual trophy!

I can hear it now, "Minutemen must wait another year to grab the Huskies' bone", or "Eagles' attempt to wrest the bone away from the Huskies comes up short".
;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom