Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Huge win tonight!! Now that UCONN is the king of New England I can speak freely. I thought it was a fairly even game, UMass is not that bad. They move the ball. UMass probably should have stayed in the MAC for its football program. I want them to get better because this can be a great rivalry.

I was very disappointed with the crowd. If the place holds 40k, then there were maybe 10k at the start, Entire sections were empty. It's a little disheartening to see the players trying the get the crowd into it but the crowd just isn't there.
Let Business Lawyer Know , THE MISTAKE BY THE LANDING STRIP is an outdated, Bald Tire, needing repair, built in the wrong place to begin with. Today's Students will NEVER go, and Alumni like myself, have no interest in spending a day in crappy East Hartford. That's he attendance problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Let Business Lawyer Know , THE MISTAKE BY THE LANDING STRIP is an outdated, Bald Tire, needing repair, built in the wrong place to begin with. Today's Students will NEVER go, and Alumni like myself, have no interest in spending a day in crappy East Hartford. That's he attendance problem.
The student section was full for a 1-7 team. That’s far from your NEVER declaration.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Lol before last night not a single boneyarder ever muttered anything nice about anything Duke. But cheered hard for them yesterday ;)

Reaction Score
Lol before last night not a single boneyarder ever muttered anything nice about anything Duke. But cheered hard for them yesterday ;)
I wanted BC, makes uconn look stronger than Duke blasting them

Reaction Score
Was at the BC game on Saturday but Friday night games are tough for me to attend. Had a HS playoff game last night and driving from my house on a Friday night could be a 3 hour drive. I would have been there if the game was today.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think it's about time to stop pretending I'm getting work done and pack up the car for a tailgate for a 4:00 departure.

Let's get it done tonight. Doesn't need to be pretty. Without us helping them with turnovers in our end, it's hard to see how UMass is going to generate much offense. I doubt they will find running it down our throats as easy as they remember it being last year.

Well that was prescient.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
It was only our second game at the Rent, but overall, I thought last night's game experience was great. Yes, the stadium is a bit dated; so is my 2001 Tahoe, but it still does everything I need it to do, reliably, except maybe look as pretty as it did 20 years ago.

Everything worked fine for us from a facilities and logistics standpoint including the parking, tailgating, concessions, rest rooms, and especially our seats in section 241 where I got to meet some of the BY faithful for the first time. Thanks for the warm welcome and introductions! That put a nice personal touch on the evening's experience.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Huge win tonight!! Now that UCONN is the king of New England I can speak freely. I thought it was a fairly even game, UMass is not that bad. They move the ball. UMass probably should have stayed in the MAC for its football program. I want them to get better because this can be a great rivalry.

I was very disappointed with the crowd. If the place holds 40k, then there were maybe 10k at the start, Entire sections were empty. It's a little disheartening to see the players trying the get the crowd into it but the crowd just isn't there.
Sigh....look its been 10 years since we have had anything to cheer about. Gonna be a slow process to rebuild the fan base. I thought we would have pushed near the 25-30k mark last night, but alas pretty well short.

A perpetual problem with the Rent is two fold; a good chunk of fans party in the lot and never make it in and then we have the open concourse which allows a good 10-20% of the fans to leave their seats for long periods of time creating a more empty look.

I'm sure Mora and his coaching staff are a little perplexed as to how difficult it has been to get the crowds back and back in their seats at kick off. They are doing all the right things. Its just hard to change the CT culture.

Keep winning Mora, that is the only way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was only our second game at the Rent, but overall, I thought last night's game experience was great. Yes, the stadium is a bit dated; so is my 2001 Tahoe, but it still does everything I need it to do, reliably, except maybe look as pretty as it did 20 years ago.

Everything worked fine for us from a facilities and logistics standpoint including the parking, tailgating, concessions, rest rooms, and especially our seats in section 241 where I got to meet some of the BY faithful for the first time. Thanks for the warm welcome and introductions! That put a nice personal touch on the evening's experience.
I'll credit it to serendipity but regardless, it was great meeting you and your better half last night!

Reaction Score
Sigh....look its been 10 years since we have had anything to cheer about. Gonna be a slow process to rebuild the fan base. I thought we would have pushed near the 25-30k mark last night, but alas pretty well short.

A perpetual problem with the Rent is two fold; a good chunk of fans party in the lot and never make it in and then we have the open concourse which allows a good 10-20% of the fans to leave their seats for long periods of time creating a more empty look.

I'm sure Mora and his coaching staff are a little perplexed as to how difficult it has been to get the crowds back and back in their seats at kick off. They are doing all the right things. Its just hard to change the CT culture.

Keep winning Mora, that is the only way.
I doubt and hope Mora isn’t focused on attendance. It took a decade to drive our fan base away — it’s not going to be a quick fix getting them back.

Mora’s job is to win football games. He’s doing more than fine.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
ESPN Gameday couldn't wait. They showed (very few) highlights of last night's games and after showing out game began praise JM and then said "his phone will be ringing off the hook soon".

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I doubt and hope Mora isn’t focused on attendance. It took a decade to drive our fan base away — it’s not going to be a quick fix getting them back.

Mora’s job is to win football games. He’s doing more than fine.
He has given attendance and gameday atmosphere a lot more lip service than Edsall 2.0.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ESPN Gameday couldn't wait. They showed (very few) highlights of last night's games and after showing out game began praise JM and then said "his phone will be ringing off the hook soon".
Dang - I missed that. Anyone got the clip - please post!

Reaction Score
They aren’t saying that to torture us. They’re saying that because they think it will happen. Benedict did a great job bringing him in (despite my ambivalence at the time) — let’s assume he had a plan for what would happen if Mora did such a good job that he didn’t stay long.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
They aren’t saying that to torture us. They’re saying that because they think it will happen. Benedict did a great job bringing him in (despite my ambivalence at the time) — let’s assume he had a plan for what would happen if Mora did such a good job that he didn’t stay long.
Looking at the coaching options out there in the P5 and I don't see how he is not a serious consideration for a few places. Gulp - Colorado. Gulp - Georgia Tech. Or a call from Arizona St or even Nebraska. One other - Colorado St (Mora loves the mountains). At least a call. Bet he has had a few calls this morning from the usual back channel process to see where his headspace is at.

About Colorado; crazy me thinks having 6+ win seasons back to back would be easier here with our schedule than Colorado.

Reaction Score
Will never understand wanting a team you beat to lose other games. Just makes you look worse.

Reaction Score
Will never understand wanting a team you beat to lose other games. Just makes you look worse.
Because no one cares whether a consensus of computers and bloggers says we’re the 105th best team or the 98th. At this stage in our development, the only thing that matters is wins. When we get back to where we were in HCRE I days, talk to me about SOS and where we rank.

Reaction Score
Just one more note on getting to your seats by kickoff: Not only has it never happened here even in the Big East glory days, but it took forever last night to get through the metal detectors and ticket scans if you don't get to the gates within at least 30 minutes before kickoff. Reached the gates about 6:45 last night and there were huge lines to get in and it was slow going.

I did my best after work to get in there on time, but people who tailgate generally always wrap it up too late to get in by kickoff, or sometimes just don't go in at all because they prefer to hang at their tailgates.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
People were slow coming in tonight (as usual). It did fill in pretty good, but not like last Saturday. I thought the crowd (at least in my section, 119) was pretty into the game.
My section 102 was full and loud. Bringing the biggest crew I have had in years next week. Liberty is very beatable. They will probably get their butts kicked today against Arkansas, so they will be limping into the Rent. They will be a smaller favorite then Fresno was and we know what happened with that

Reaction Score
Because no one cares whether a consensus of computers and bloggers says we’re the 105th best team or the 98th. At this stage in our development, the only thing that matters is wins. When we get back to where we were in HCRE I days, talk to me about SOS and where we rank.
A good amount of threads are about where we stand in the rankings, so obviously a bunch of people do care.

Reaction Score

Sounds like your priorities are tourism and shopping vs. tailgating and supporting UConn football. I thought people went to football games to watch football. Big programs never seem to have a problem filling our visitor section...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom