Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has just got to focus and end this game strong. If they don't win, I'd at least like to see them play hard until the end.

Reaction Score
Well we're going to be 2-2 heading to a very good BYU team. Book it.
Book it? We're down 2 scores, we can't stop them, our offense is stagnant, and you're going all out on a limb with "book it"?
Keep the risky predictions coming Nostradamus.

Reaction Score
In spite of being theoretically better than last year, I see UCONN getting pushed around the field in a lot games this season on both sides of the ball.
Typical UConn hyperbolic overreaction
This is a real good experienced Navy offense.
Was are defense as good as it looked against some weaker offenses
No
Will it get better
Yes
Will the offense get better especially with time of possession and red zone efficiency
Yes
The AAC is a pretty decent conference
Will it be tough getting to six wins
Yes
Is it doable
Yes
Is it likely
No
But I believe there is life in the once dead program
So take it one game at a time.

Reaction Score
They already know we're going to pass it's the 4th quarter and we're down 3 scores. I can't believe we only have 10 points against Navy... Lol wow! I'm done.

Reaction Score
What? We could of won against Mizzou and Navy and play calling has screwed us. I think we're good enough to be one of the best teams in the conference. I'm not satisfied with 4 wins when I know this team can get at least 6 or 7.

As Bill Parcells said, "you are who your record says you are".

Reaction Score
No excuse for us to be physically abused by Navy. Said from day 1 throwing Navy into AAC was a mistake because of their oddball play. Impossible to deal with true scheme in one week of practice, and we lose a week improving.

Diaco and staff screwed this game with a terrible game plan and no effective adjustments.

Reaction Score
Diaco obviously doesn't have them prepared. The defense is a civ & the offensive play calling sucks. I'm fed up with the bad play calling.

Reaction Score
Where was this intensity from Diaco to start the game.

Reaction Score
Diaco obviously doesn't have them prepared. The defense is a civ & the offensive play calling sucks. I'm fed up with the bad play calling.
Supposedly great week of practice.... Tells me bad schemes. Don't understand how you don't bring blitzes interior and off edge after getting abused on the edge all day long.

Reaction Score
Maybe Navy is good? Maybe better than we thought? Will find out as the season plays out.

Regardless of the final score of this game, UConn is better than last year's 2 win team. I'm looking for 4 wins this year. Small steps, but for the first time in a long time this team is heading in the right direction. Maybe not today, but..

God this is depressing

Reaction Score
Game is certainly a downer.

However, listening to Joe D its amazing how terrible he is as an announcer. Decent voice but just the stupidest comments. For instance Sherriffs pass to Newsome was behind him. Wait Newsome caught the ball. No he caught it on the bounce. OK its being reviewed. I think Newsome craddled the ball.

Reaction Score
As Bill Parcells said, "you are who your record says you are".

Yea, but that's no excuse for conservative play calling on offense. Verducci better step up his play calling that's all I'm saying. When it was 21 to 10, Verducci called nothing but run plays. Why? That's when we needed to attack. Navy is not a strong defensive team.

Reaction Score
Way to ruin two plays in a row Lucus .... Navy had better athletes period we have a lot of recruiting to do to replace pasqualonis mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom