Foxx to WR, Osiecki to FB | The Boneyard

Foxx to WR, Osiecki to FB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like both moves. Osiecki was a wrecking ball at Seymour, and from everything I've heard about Foxx, the kid can run.

Reaction Score
Where is the depth at RB that allows us to make this move? Puzzling.

Reaction Score
Foxx to WR is very surprising. He can always switch back if needs change, I assume he will redshirt.

The plan must be to use Joe Williams next year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I agree with this comment. If there was one area on offense that I didn't think we would need more bodies in, it was wide receiver. With the new transfers, Mike Smith, and the incoming freshman, it's hard to see how Foxx gets the ball very much at all. Weird.

Reaction Score

that was my initial thought as well, but after a moment of reflection i decided our RB situation must be to P's liking to make the move, so that's a positive.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
combs-dj-williams-hy-williams????

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I thought when Foxx was offered he would be moved to slot as he played some of it in high school. He looks very good catching the ball and has good speed in open spaces.

Osiecki move puts a glut at the fullback position but the staff must think he is perfect for the position.

Reaction Score
I thought when Foxx was offered he would be moved to slot as he played some of it in high school. He looks very good catching the ball and has good speed in open spaces.

Osiecki move puts a glut at the fullback position but the staff must think he is perfect for the position.
Or he was not going to see the light of day at LB

Reaction Score
Foxx is about the same size and style RB as McCombs. Maybe they prefer McCombs with a change of pace back and thought Foxx may be a better asset when getting him the ball in space at WR. Or they just did not feel he could handle the pounding at RB at 165 lbs. McCombs proved to be durable, but most questioned it during the early season.

Reaction Score
Reuben Frank, and now Osiecki, which else do we have at fb with hinkley gone.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any info on Max Delorenzo? How's his progress? How is he gonna fit in this puzzle? Tailback? Fullback? What's his realistic chance of seeing playing time?

Reaction Score
I love Osiecki at FB. I'm sure PT had a lot do with the switch to offense, but I like it. He's a strong, tough kid, he'll block, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He certainly was a beast at that position in HS.

Reaction Score
Max is afraid to get hit from what I've told by some people in Berlin, think Foxx could be a beast of a punt/kick returner

Reaction Score
Yeah, he was "afraid" to get hit in HS so he got a scholarship to play D1 football - from Randy Edsall no less.

I mean, c'mon..........

Reaction Score
Just telling ya what I've heard,met the kid he's built like a tank extremely athletic was a star hoops player at Berlin too

Reaction Score
Oh, I understand it's a rumor. I'm just wondering why we need to repeat it on a message board. Not to mention that he's....what 18-19 years old.

CAPS, I'm not trying to be a pr*ck, but it just bugs me when stuff like this starts floating around about kids trying to make a go of it in something as demanding as football at this level is.

Reaction Score
Oh, I understand it's a rumor. I'm just wondering why we need to repeat it on a message board. Not to mention that he's....what 18-19 years old.

CAPS, I'm not trying to be a pr*ck, but it just bugs me when stuff like this starts floating around about kids trying to make a go of it in something as demanding as football at this level is.

Quotes like that are from jealous players/coaches and then they pick up steam. If Max Delorenzo was scared of getting hit, he would not be playing football, and he certainly not get a D 1 scholarship. THe kid was a beast in high school. Football is a contact sport, everyone who plays knows they are going to get hit. Just jealousy.

Reaction Score
As for Foxx moving to Wide Receiver, maybe the staff will take a page out of the Oregon State playbook and utilize the fly sweep with Foxx playing the James Rodgers role.

Reaction Score

Agreed. We can complain about stuff and sometimes I feel bad about things that are said or even things that I say - this one kind of crossed the line.

Reaction Score
And none of you guys ever trashed Zach Frazier right ?

Reaction Score
Nobody EVER said that kind of personal stuff - no heart, afraid are lousy words and should be avoided. Want to say that somebody had a crappy game, dropped a pass, or was stupid for getting kicked off the team then nobody would disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom