Foxx to WR, Osiecki to FB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Foxx to WR, Osiecki to FB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight - a player gets recruited to play D-1 football must be a beast - but at the same time because they're 18-19 years old should be shielded from criticism? Hey, I agree that rumors don't need to be spread either but I'll say this until I'm blue in the face - as long as we're sending 18-19 year old kids overseas to fight wars and die, I think a college "kid" can handle a little criticism. It's a message board. People have their opinions. Big deal.

Reaction Score
Criticize the kids play on the field all you want.

Leave the gossipy sheet at the door. Sound like a bunch of women.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately if someone says "He's afraid to get hit" that opinion becomes fact on a message board.

Afraid and no heart really have no place on a board discussing our guys. There are always newbies and ignorant people who don't realize parents and recruits read this board. Show them some respect.

By the way....do you really think PP would not know a player was afraid to get hit? Too funny.

Reaction Score
And none of you guys ever trashed Zach Frazier right ?

Huh? Observing a player and making comments about his play is alright. What people are saying about a kid without seeing him is rumor.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight - a player gets recruited to play D-1 football must be a beast - but at the same time because they're 18-19 years old should be shielded from criticism? Hey, I agree that rumors don't need to be spread either but I'll say this until I'm blue in the face - as long as we're sending 18-19 year old kids overseas to fight wars and die, I think a college "kid" can handle a little criticism. It's a message board. People have their opinions. Big deal.

Criticizing players is fine, we see it on the board all the time. _____ needs to concentrate. _____ has no pocket presence. Basically saying a kid has no heart? Based on what? What someone told someone told someone?

Reaction Score
Or football for that matter.

Exactly. You learn really quick, even in Pee Wee football, that it is a contact sport. You don't keep playing if you don't like it. Pretty simple.

Reactions: THC

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm misremembering but I always thought Foxx was going to end up at WR. As far as depth goes... you don't really need more than 3 backs, but you can use 6 at WR and they did have a freshman who rolled up a ton of yards.

As for Osiecki to FB.... I hope that is something he wanted to do because otherwise that's a stop on the way to FCS.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since we are sharing opinions: For the decade I officiated, I never hated the people around a program like the people at Berlin. That people around the program would trash their best player isn't shocking to me.

Generally people associated with high schools way overrate their players' futures. Berlin is the kind of program where they whisper that he's afraid to get hit. I'm sure they said that plenty when he was their best player as they rolled through their schedule when he was there.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If being afraid to get hit netted him 5000 rushing yards....

THC

Reaction Score
Since we are sharing opinions: For the decade I officiated, I never hated the people around a program like the people at Berlin. That people around the program would trash their best player isn't shocking to me.

Generally people associated with high schools way overrate their players' futures. Berlin is the kind of program where they whisper that he's afraid to get hit. I'm sure they said that plenty when he was their best player as they rolled through their schedule when he was there.

What a crock of . As a proud Berlin alum, and resident, you sir are an idiot. The only people whispering about our players are the jealous New Britain fans. The dude was their best player as a freshman. As a basketball player all he did was drive the lane and draw contact. Certainly not the characteristics of a kid that "doesn't like to get hit".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What a crock of ****. As a proud Berlin alum, and resident, you sir are an idiot. The only people whispering about our players are the jealous New Britain fans. The dude was their best player as a freshman. As a basketball player all he did was drive the lane and draw contact. Certainly not the characteristics of a kid that "doesn't like to get hit".

I'm certain anything posted about Max in this thread is nonsense.

As for Berlin, you can tell me anything you like, I think I'm going to go with my first hand experiences there.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
All I will add is seeing him play as a junior in high school. He didn't look worried as he was running over a player for a long gain.

Foxx moving to where he can get the ball in space is exciting from what we know of him.

Reaction Score
I spoke to someone who has an Osiecki connection, he wants to get on the field. He asked HCPP about moving to the offensive side. HCPP spoke to Osiecki's HS Coach about the idea. He thought it was a no brainer, encouraged HCPP and DeLeon to watch Osiecki's HS highlight tape. They did...done deal, Osiecki is stoked. He will be given every opportunity to win the job this Spring.

Reaction Score
I spoke to someone who has an Osiecki connection, he wants to get on the field. He asked HCPP about moving to the offensive side. HCPP spoke to Osiecki's HS Coach about the idea. He thought it was a no brainer, encouraged HCPP and DeLeon to watch Osiecki's HS highlight tape. They did...done deal, Osiecki is stoked. He will be given every opportunity to win the job this Spring.

That is what I like to hear!!!!!

Reaction Score
Franco Harris didn't like to get hit. He was always running out of bounds...after gaining 20 yards! Probably waiting for the defenders to catch up to him. :)

Reaction Score
This discussion is so very amusing. I needed it. Thanks all. A 1-A football player on scholarship afraid to get hit. Ha!

RB meet LB. LB meet RB. See you in the hole.

Reaction Score
The reason I asked about Max Delorenzo was that I had gone to school with a couple guys with the same last name and believe he is a nephew. I heard the kid was a rock in high school ball and was secretly hoping that Max D would be the next D Brown. I was just curious if anyone had any info on his progress so far. I'm sure they red shirted him to give him time to bulk up and add a step. If.... by his junior year he could resemble what Donald Brown brought to the table Husky Nation should be smiling during the holidays. There is nothing better than sitting around with friends during the Christmas season still watching UConn football.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

I concur - I witnessed him single-handedly destroy a very good defense when he played RB in HS. He went for over 200 yards and knocked four or five guys out of the game by himself, all in the second half - he ended up well north of 300 yards for the game. Dude was an absolute barbarian!

Power, nice athleticism and a mean streak - kid's got all the tools to be a great FB for UConn. This move is long overdue...

Reaction Score
I think Reuben Frank has the advantage right now, but competition is great. With Hinkley gone, depth is needed. And since we are really thin at Tight End, we might see fullback used as an H Back.

Reaction Score
I concur - I witnessed him single-handedly destroy a very good defense when he played RB in HS. He went for over 200 yards and knocked four or five guys out of the game by himself, all in the second half - he ended up well north of 300 yards for the game. Dude was an absolute barbarian!

Power, nice athleticism and a mean streak - kid's got all the tools to be a great FB for UConn. This move is long overdue...

You have to be talking about the Seymour/Crosby game @ Crosby. He won that one by himself. I was sitting on the Crosby side with a bud of mine from Seymour. Crosby kids were dropping like flies. The coach kept coming over to ask if they were good to go back in, they continuously refused. He was steamrolling those kids. True story.

Reaction Score
Foxx to WR, huh? Does that mean he can or can't catch the ball. Not always clear with UConn receivers. Or is he going there because of his awesome decoy skills - always put to use in the Huskies game planning. Let's hope he IS the deal and that the QB (eeney, meany, miney . . . . mo) can get him the ball and the OC will attempted more than once a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom