Fox just rubbed salt in the wounds | The Boneyard

Fox just rubbed salt in the wounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Lagow played football at the same high school where my son played football. I was so disappointed when he left UConn. And now that he's had some success, it makes me want to throw up. I'm happy for Lagow, but I'm sick that we couldn't find a spot for him.

Reaction Score
Well, remember that Lagow had major reservations about UConn to begin with. He took extra time to send in his commitment paperwork and then there were questions about whether he would actually show up. Then when he did show up he bailed quite quickly and ended up at OK State where he walked on or red-shirted (can't remember which) and then transferred the following year. Turns out his instincts about UConn were probably right.

Reaction Score
The program under P was in shambles. He could not manage the kids. He had plenty of talent.

Diaco has the program in a mess too. I think he manages the kids OK, he's just inept as a coach...........which is a bit of a problem.

Reaction Score
Well, remember that Lagow had major reservations about UConn to begin with. He took extra time to send in his commitment paperwork and then there were questions about whether he would actually show up. Then when he did show up he bailed quite quickly and ended up at OK State where he walked on or red-shirted (can't remember which) and then transferred the following year. Turns out his instincts about UConn were probably right.
We got Boyle. He left.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the end of the Giants game they ran an ad "Joe Williams and the Utah Utes vs Richard Lagow and the Indiana Hoosiers".

It was for a bowl game.

Pisses me off!!!!!!!

So funny I was wondering who was going to post this first. I sent a group text when I saw it to the handful of people I know irl who know who they are.

Reaction Score
Well, remember that Lagow had major reservations about UConn to begin with. He took extra time to send in his commitment paperwork and then there were questions about whether he would actually show up. Then when he did show up he bailed quite quickly and ended up at OK State where he walked on or red-shirted (can't remember which) and then transferred the following year

Need to insert a JUCO year between walking on @ OK St and enrolling @ Indiana.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes it's called the Kivon Taylor era. It was glorious.

Indiana got Lagow. We got well whatever this is.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Look at how many years and how many stops it took for Lagow to be serviceable. Who here would have had the patience for that to develop?

Reaction Score
Look at how many years and how many stops it took for Lagow to be serviceable. Who here would have had the patience for that to develop?
and he probably wouldn't have developed well here anyway. The coaching has just been terrible. I'm sure there are kids on the squad right now who are either overlooked or have tons of potential that just isn't being honed. I really hope we're getting an OC from outside the "family" that can come in and evaluate everyone with new eyes.

Reaction Score
Yes it's called the Kivon Taylor era. It was glorious.

Memories.... circa 2013
520a316201197.image.jpg

Ecke, Cochran, Whitmer, Lagow, Taylor, Boyle

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It's so weird how other schools have quarterbacks. Then they keep adding more quarterbacks. Then a quarterback graduates and then the next quarterback plays.

We turn our quarterbacks over more often than 7-11 swaps out the Twinkies.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's so weird how other schools have quarterbacks. Then they keep adding more quarterbacks. Then a quarterback graduates and then the next quarterback plays.

Oh he's better than our current options. And the position has fallen off a cliff. It just seems sometimes that we lament the loss of the 2016 version of kids, when in reality they weren't close to that while they were here. But, yes... potential was there, if given years and years to develop. And not running from competition, etc.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My basic point is that it is sickening that we are in the position we currently are in while the players on two P-5 schools who are meeting in a reasonable bowl game that Fox felt had the best marquee value for their advertisement just happened to have begun their careers here.

I want to know what it was we did that damned us to this circle of hell.

Reaction Score

Clemson has a 5* QB commit for both 17 and 18. They have 3 4* QB's on the current roster who are backups. And they have Watson. They are on a different level in terms of QB recruiting than every team in the country.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My basic point is that it is sickening that we are in the position we currently are in while the players on two P-5 schools who are meeting in a reasonable bowl game that Fox felt had the best marquee value for their advertisement just happened to have begun their careers here.

I figure a Syracuse grad made the spot.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Sitting on a beach sipping umbrella drinks while Hookers & Blow Community College ran an end around play on us. They were probably laughing at us from the VIP suite at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom