Fire PP | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Fire PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They seemed to do better for most of the game in pass blocking which is the zone if I remember my younger days... My sense is 2 of the 6 sacks were on QB for holding ball too long. They do not appear to have the footwork for run blocking. There is more here than a stubborn old George.

We gave up 3 sacks in almost every game I don't know if the offensive line's pass blocking was any better... Deleone coaches the line.. no wonder!

Reaction Score
Meaningless.
I still think he gets the gentleman's three. Unless we completely unravel, which 5 wins is not near enough for a complete unraveling. PP would have throw the ball in the alley to get canned after this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who is this team beating to get to five wins?

Reaction Score
I still think he gets the gentleman's three. Unless we completely unravel, which 5 wins is not near enough for a complete unraveling. PP would have throw the ball in the alley to get canned after this year.
Gars I will give ypu the gentleman 3...but if he stays for his third yer...it will be with a new OC, wr, ol, and possibly new rb coach

Reaction Score
I feel like I saw this movie before:

Biker #2: I say we kill him!
Gang: [shout] Yeah!
Biker #3: I say we hang him, *then* we kill him!
Biker #4: I say we stomp him!
Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!
Biker #4: Then we hang him...!
Gang: [shout] YEAH!'!
Biker #4: And then we kill him!
Gang: [shout] YEAH!'!'!
Pee-wee: [tries to throw voice without moving lips] I say we let him coach...

Reaction Score
Find me a list of coaches who got fired in two years for coming in 1 game under .500 each season without scandal.

From 4 years ago

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2008-12-02-coaches-longevity_N.htm

Here you go . . . the same source, ironically. And factor in the fact that PP was taking over a program that averaged 8 wins and a bowl appearance in previous four seasons. He had a lot more to work with than any of the three who got canned. EDIT: Coaches on list had horrendous W-L records not meeting RS's standard. But right now PP is 8-11 and will be hard pressed to be close to .500 at the end of the season.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...1-11-29/coaches-firing-two-seasons/51482586/1

Reaction Score
Yup, might be time to take a break from Desmond Conner. Ken Davis and Ed D seem to get it though.

Well, Desmond has weighed in, assuming no one stole his handle on the Courant blog board. Im a Desmond backer but I think he might want to re-evaulate his position on 'after this season'.
dconner says:
October 14, 2012 at 12:20 pm
And you can do that Jim I’m just giving you a heads up that the head coach isn’t getting fired during or after this season that’s all. Carry on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I would fire HC OC DC at the season's end. The program needs to be swept clean and get a completely different mind set. I don't have a name for hc, but I would look for a hungry assistant from the sec or big 12 ( Texas schools ). I'd give him a 5 year contract . I'd put a marginal effort recruiting New England and Ct. With a winning program the high school coaches would line up to push their kids to UCONN. I'd concentrate on the kids being recruited by Vandy , Wake, GT, T A&M, TT ,Baylor. I'd tell them they could stay home and get their asses kicked every week, or come to UCONN and play for a conference championship. The recruits should know I planned to be top 25 in 3 years, top 15 in 4 years and top 10 in 5 years: and yes, play for a NC within 10 years .Think big or don't play.

Wonder if that's what West Virginia does?... I wouldn't complain one bit if we did this...

Reaction Score
I agree with Des, unless UCONN goes 0 for the rest of the year, Coach P isn't going anywhere. GDL might, but not Coach P. And I think it is more financial than anything else.
With that playcalling we gotta a pretty good shot of running the table with losses... Then you know it's time to move on from Coach P..

Reaction Score
Not to pick nits but he was two games under .500 a year ago (three when counting only FBS opponents)
I apologize, I'm enjoying the Giants game, drinking, etc., but would you please explain what this means like you're talking to a 4 year old?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It was in response to 9999's post claiming that PP was one game under .500 last year (he was actually two under but my pointing that out could have been viewed as nit picking) and his projecting him to finish one game (actually two games) under again this season (which would be difficult at this point).

Reaction Score
It was in response to 9999's post claiming that PP was one game under .500 last year (he was actually two under but my pointing that out could have been viewed as nit picking) and his projecting him to finish one game (actually two games) under again this season (which would be difficult at this point).
You are so right. It is going to be a battle to win two more games this season. And thank you for explaining it like you were talking to a four year old. I need it. But it seems to me that if we won one more game last year, we would be at 6, and 6 would be .500. So, I'm not overly clear on the distinction? What am I missing?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity what is it that you are drinking? I could use some.

Thank God for the Giants (Bradshaw just scored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or the entire weekend would have been shot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
7-5=2.

A baseball team that is 92-70 is 22 games over .500. Not 11

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
But it seems to me that if we won one more game last year, we would be at 6, and 6 would be .500. So, I'm not overly clear on the distinction? What am I missing?

If we finished 5-6 we would have been one game under .500 (simply put, one fewer win than losses). Shy of ties (no longer possible in college football) If you play an even number of games, the final variance from .500 will be an even number. If you play an odd number of games it will be an odd number.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let's not get too hung up on the record. It sucks, but what is killing the program is no sense of direction and a loss of identity with no stated plan or frankly credibility to achieve it. The knock on the PP hire was that he'd be a washed up retread and not someone who could consolidate the achievements of the program.

As we make the turn, washed up is leading consolidate by at least 2 holes.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Sound Familiar... Sound ridiculous ??

>>>BC can make moves now but…

Fire Frank Spaziani.

Now.

Make him clear out his office on the third floor of the Yawkey Center.

Fire the rest of the staff.

Now.

Clear out the offices of all things related to Spaz and BC football for the last three and a half years.

And then when that is done, hunt down former Boston College Director of Athletics Gene DeFilippo and make him leave BC as well.

OK. Happy everyone? All the people who have been tossing grenades at a school they say they care for and support will dance in the streets. Let’s do that. By sundown on Monday everyone is gone.

It’s all cleared out and new BC DOA Brad Bates does what?

Let’s see. Call Jon Gruden and make him a “Godfather” offer he can’t refuse.

Call down to Miami and see if Al Golden will leave Miami and come back to The Heights, where he was an assistant.

Call Nick Saban at Alabama and say, “Give us the best assistant on your staff and we will pay him whatever he wants.”

And just like that, BC football will turn into what? Florida, USC, Alabama, Oregon? Get a grip everyone.

And BACK OFF for a few more weeks and it will play itself out.

The only thing that is certain is that BC’s record will be any thing from 7-5 to 1-11. The Eagles can beat everyone remaining on their schedule. They can lose to everyone on their schedule. Probably its going to be somewhere in the middle, which means that Spaz’s tenure as the BC head coach will come to an end. In a bottom line world of W’s and L’s not even Spaz will argue that point. He knows what its all about. And he is trying to fix it.

Yes, we know all the numbers are against him. A steady decline in Ws. No wins against ranked teams. Do you think anyone at The Heights, including Spaziani, is happy about that? Of course, not.

Here’s what Eagle in Atlanta–Bill Maloney–posted after the loss to FSU about Spaziani. “Fire him now and get a jump-start on the search and give the players a little signal that things can and will get better.” I like Maloney’s stuff. He generally does a good job, breaks things down and clearly cares about BC. Well, here’s an invitation to The Eagle in Atlanta, who surely will be watching BC live and up close at Georgia Tech next week. Get a credential. Cover the game, introduce yourself to Spaziani after the game and tell him what you think.

Think that will actually happen? Probably not, but then again, anything is possible.

Here’s what no one wants to hear or chooses to hear. A HEALTHY roster of players that Spaziani recruited is not that a bad a team. Not great, but certainly of ACC caliber, capable of winning six, seven, eight or nine games a year. But THAT team has never played a full game at BC because of injuries, and other issues.
BC went into the FSU game DOWN FOUR defensive linemen. They were also short-handed against Army.

You can argue that BC should be able to beat Army with its back-ups. Well, BC almost did. It screwed up. Players missed tackles. Coaches made mistakes in judgement in calling plays. Stuff happens. No one at BC is making excuses because they are pointless.

And Yes, changes will be made once this season is over unless the Eagles run the table. Guaranteed. Everyone at BC knows that, including Spaziani.

Firing Spaziani right now would do what?

Give BC a head start on finding a new coach?

Are you kidding me. Do you actually believe that Bates is not looking and checking names and availability right now? Do you not think that when the regular season ends a decision will be made and made quickly.

Fire Spaz now will give a boost to the players on the team? Really. I talk to players on that team. I see them on the practice field. I see them walking around campus.They are mad as hell. But changing coaches, put in someone like Doug Martin in on an interim level.

Again that will accomplish? Maybe that is done at places where football is more important than going to school or playing by the rules. But at BC? Sorry.

It’s easy to lobby grenades from long distance, without names or accountability. It’s easy to say someone should be fired, not allowed on the team bus or plane home as some “fans” have suggested.

It’s another thing to watch a game, see what is happening and then ask Spaziani why was one thing done or not done.

Frank Spaziani and I were friends before he took over as the head coach at BC. We will be friends when he is no longer the head coach and that will probably be by December.

That will be too bad. Spaz is a good man who loves BC as much or more than any of his critics. But if it happens, life will go on and the next coach will try to do a better job. And when it doesn’t happen, the grenades will be tossed into the fox hole again.

© Copyright 2012A Jersey Guy LLC, All original copy. All rights Reserved.<< ajerseyguy.com

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We think that anyone who argues that the reason why BC isn't winning nine games is injuries should be admitted to an asylum immediately.

Reaction Score
Wanting to give PP another year is tough. DeLeone is still our OC for a reason. Because PP thinks that highly of himself.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
fire pee pee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads