Fire PP | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fire PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lose to MAC teams on the road too. What's the difference? Maybe our kids just aren't good enough.

Maybe our coaches ain't good enough! I know stars don't mean much, but Whitmer coming out of high school was a top (15) Pro Style QB and he was a 4* per Rivals.com

Shakim Phillips was a 4* WR and the #1 player coming out of NJ and your saying we don't have talent?? we have talent, so let's not defend the coaches!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's dumber blaming Edsall or Cristian. Any staff worth a damn can beat Temple with these players without leaving it to their kicker.

Reaction Score
Lose to MAC teams on the road too. What's the difference? Maybe our kids just aren't good enough.

They aren't. Most are Randy's Under The Radars. Who else wanted them at BCS level? But PP should have someone making a contribution somewhere. but no. fire PP.

Reaction Score
I do not disagree with you but Edsall did not leave us too many good players at the skill positions.

Phillips, Williams, Davis and Griffin can catch the ball. Whitmer is more than an adequate thrower. McCombs can run the ball at times. People need to stop saying we don't have playmakers.

We have playmakers that coaches don't know how to use.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dan knowing your players is actually a fair statement. Joe D inmhis post game show, said that Chad was having a tough week kicking and Thursday the training wheels came off at practice. We were not there of course but if this accurate then how else do u call this??????

Even if he was having a tough week, if he is the best kicker on the squad, then he gets the job. I think it was Jimmy Serrano who made a valid point that Puyol might not be ready, even if Christen had a bad day/week. So if Christen is still better than Puyol during bad weeks, then what do you want PP to do?

98% of the coaches in America decide to kick a 45-yarder to go up two scores with 3 minutes left on the clock and 4th-and-3. I don't care if others try to say otherwise, because it's simply the right thing to do...

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
What's dumber blaming Edsall or Cristian. Any staff worth a damn can beat Temple with these players without leaving it to their kicker.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to the OT, I was referring to the 45 yrder and also the horrible punt that turned into a touchback. In OT it was already too late unfortunately.

I know you weren't. I should have been clearer in my response that I was referring to both situations as being situations that the vast majority of coaches would NOT go for on fourth down...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Disagree.
Yeah, I agree that maybe 4th down in OT isn't time to gamble, but let's face it...Chad sucked today and we all knew it. Crazy bad...like take away a scholarship bad.

But to say this game "ain't on Coach P"? Nope. It's on him. Let off the throttle. Again. Just like Buffalo. 14 points up and yup.....yawn.....back off.....let's take it easy. We all felt in in section 223. We knew it. We were right. Three quarters of listless football and Temple won. Disgusting. If you can't hold HCPP and GDL accountable, then you are either family or waaaaaay too close. Horrible.

You can't say he backed off if he had them throw 6 times more than they ran in the second half, right? Because that is the breakdown in the run / pass playcalling in the second half...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
When Temple needed a FG to win, they centered the ball. And they have a great kicker. Our attempts were from the hash. If you are going to play for the FG, I think you should make it easier on the kicker. Chad is much better the straighter the kick.

Agreed that it would be easier, but we're not going to run a play to center a ball if we are trying to keep a drive alive. If PP did that, and then Christen misses, then I would have torn into PP in about 50 different threads...

...for now, I'll only tear into him on time management and letting that old fool take over the offensive line...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Agreed that it would be easier, but we're not going to run a play to center a ball if we are trying to keep a drive alive. If PP did that, and then Christen misses, then I would have torn into PP in about 50 different threads...

...for now, I'll only tear into him on time management and letting that old fool take over the offensive line...
I have a better one than that. After our second TD, a long seam route by one of our TE's (Ryan Griffin), the second seam route ton him at that point (the first was not close to as long but still a very effective play), how much time passed before we ran that route again? How long before we threw another pass of any type to a TE?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I have a better one than that. After our second TD, a long seam route by one of our TE's (Ryan Griffin), the second seam route ton him at that point (the first was not close to as long but still a very effective play), how much time passed before we ran that route again? How long before we threw another pass of any type to a TE?

Good question. I think that he only threw to the tight ends three more times after that (two were to Delahunt). I agree that we should use the tight ends more in our offense, especially since we use so many "two tight end" sets. It still doesn't change the decision making around when to kick field goals, though...

Reaction Score
I strongly believe that PP and DL will still be here after this year which sucks balls!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
who prepares this team? who motivates them? who encourages them? who makes game day decisions? how about adjustments?

why do some coaches win everywhere they go, while others have one decent year in their last EIGHT as a head coach, including 5 bad years in a row?

the program is in a state of rapid decline, it falls on the man at the helm, as it should

Sue, end it now

Reaction Score
I strongly believe that PP and DL will still be here after this year which sucks balls!!

Please don't bet the rent/mortgage money....pretty sure you would lose. If PP doesn't fire GDL, he will go with him. Bank on it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Please don't bet the rent/mortgage money....pretty sure you would lose. If PP doesn't fire GDL, he will go with him. Bank on it.

In all seriousness, are you confident that GDL is gone after this year? In the interest of full disclosure, I wanted him gone weeks ago. I just have a funny feeling in my gut, similar to diarrhea, that he will be allowed one more year...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, are you confident that GDL is gone after this year? In the interest of full disclosure, I wanted him gone weeks ago. I just have a funny feeling in my gut, similar to diarrhea, that he will be allowed one more year...

you're depressing me

Reaction Score

I have zero doubt he or they will be gone. They can't afford to have less that 20,000 season ticket holders with small walk up crowds.

Let's just say Warde has already taken charge.

Reaction Score
I resent the fact that PP has been allowed (and still is in the process) of wrecking UConn football. Program is back to where it was in 2000 ( after Tracey) got hurt. I would be in favor of PP never being allowed to coach football anywhere.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Let's just say Warde has already taken charge.

Very cryptic. Sounds like there is some insider info there that I will not be privy to. Let's just say that I believe you... :)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
No inside info. Just a hunch.

Let's hope your hunches are as golden as the helmet that Lloyd is taking off in my avatar!!!

Reaction Score
I'm just thinking Warde and Herbs may think we're in a rebuilding process... I hope they're not thinking that way, BUT it is Uconn! They probably feel bad for these dinosaur's and give them one more year...

Reaction Score
Phillips, Williams, Davis and Griffin can catch the ball. Whitmer is more than an adequate thrower. McCombs can run the ball at times. People need to stop saying we don't have playmakers.

We have playmakers that coaches don't know how to use.

But you make no mention of the porous o-line that all those playmakers need to make plays. I believe we are at the point that the best adjustment maybe to just sit so guys and pea for the best with their replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom