Fire PP | The Boneyard

Fire PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of blame to go around today, but PP is the captain of the ship. And it's not like we were playing Louisville. We lost to a MAC team (all their players were MAC recruits) at home.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would love to ask for the head coach's head after this.....f#$king debacle. But the bottom line is you cannot miss FOUR field goals in a game and expect to win. You miss one? Bad luck. You miss two? Bad day. You miss FOUR???? Get your scholarship revoked and see if we can apply for a fifth year for Teggart.....God help me.....:mad:

Reaction Score
A lot of blame to go around today, but PP is the captain of the ship. And it's not like we were playing Louisville. We lost to a MAC team (all their players were MAC recruits) at home.
Lose to MAC teams on the road too. What's the difference? Maybe our kids just aren't good enough.

Reaction Score
I would love to ask for the head coach's head after this.....f#$king debacle. But the bottom line is you cannot miss FOUR field goals in a game and expect to win. You miss one? Bad luck. You miss two? Bad day. You miss FOUR???? Get your scholarship revoked and see if we can apply for a fifth year for Teggart.....God help me.....:mad:

Sorry but it's on the coaches. Go for it on 4th down if the kicker is rattled. We played to lose and we did this time.

Reaction Score
Come on... Our team sucks balls at the moment and you have to put it on someone. If Christens not doing it then go for it on fourth. I give a flying f if anyone agrees or disagrees at the moment, we suck, our coaching sucks and we have nothing bright on the horizon. This is Temple. Forget it, I pray they are canned tomorrow.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
come on Sue, you know it's inevitable

Reaction Score
On homecoming to boot.

Reaction Score
Come on... Our team sucks balls at the moment and you have to put it on someone. If Christens not doing it then go for it on fourth. I give a flying f if anyone agrees or disagrees at the moment, we suck, our coaching sucks and we have nothing bright on the horizon. This is Temple. Forget it, I pray they are canned tomorrow.

No matter what a kid on scholarship needs to be able to convert a 28 yarder. There is no excuse to miss field goals from 28, 36, 42, and 45 yards. No excuse.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Why can programs like Gtech and Houston fire people mid-season but people think it's asinine to do that here at UConn? I understand firing PP is probably not a good thing to have happen mid-season but clearly GDL needs to go tonight, hell, RIGHT NOW. I just don't understand what is going through the heads of the higher ups. How many times do you need to have your program embarrassed before you act? How many fans do you need to lose before you act? How empty must your stadium need to be to act? GOOD GOLLY.....DO SOMETHING NOW

Reaction Score
I always cheer for Uconn to win, but I had a feeling we were going to lose this game... Temple is a good team because of Addazio and the teams lost came to Penn State and Maryland! I doubt we beat Syracuse or any other team left in the conference! #FirePP!

pj

Reaction Score
Tough loss. But at least this game they seemed to have an effective game plan. I just think they lost a lot of practice time working on things that were never going to be productive, and that's why we're just not that good at executing many of the things we need to execute well to succeed. That's on offense. The defense is very good but they should have used the time out to get the defense settled after they started celebrating the sack; got disorganized and gave up the long pass play on the next play and then the TD. ... Christen, what can you say. Hope he learns from it and if he doesn't let's see Puyol start his career.

Reaction Score
The minute we were up 14-0, I had a feeling that the offense was not going to do anything the rest of the game. Typical PP strategy, shut down the offense, play field position, and try to add field goals and rely on the defense. This strategy worked against buffalo, and i new in my heart that the same strategy will lose this game.

Bottom line, P's team got pushed around and lost the battle upfront again. 200 yards rushing for temple. 2.1 yards a carry for uconn. Get ready for PP to start uttering the usual platitudes, cliches and generalities throughout the week, while Deleone studies intricacies of geriatrics. P's about to collect 3 million dollars since he took the job, money well spent.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Sorry but it's on the coaches. Go for it on 4th down if the kicker is rattled. We played to lose and we did this time.

If a coach goes for it on fourth down when he has a chance to put himself up two scores with a 35 yarder, then THAT'S when I would want to fire him! What the hell do you want him to do? Go for it on fourth down in an overtime situation???

There is plenty of things to put on Coach P this year, but this game ain't one of them...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
If a coach goes for it on fourth down when he has a chance to put himself up two scores with a 35 yarder, then THAT'S when I would want to fire him! What the hell do you want him to do? Go for it on fourth down in an overtime situation???

There is plenty of things to put on Coach P this year, but this game ain't one of them...

I kinda agree with you Dan that it's hard to put this loss solely on PP but I will say this. UConn shouldn't have been in this position to begin with. As many others have stated in multiple threads, Temple was playing with MAC level talent. We should have taken that 14-0 lead and blown the game open. What happened instead? We reverted back to our boring, sluggish offense. We should never have been in a one score game. Maybe this is a reflection on the talent on Offense? Who knows. Bottom line is that we should have taken that 14-0 lead and blown Temple away to the point where they couldn't have come back. Instead, the offense just shut down and that lands on PP, GDL, and even the players.

Reaction Score
Why can programs like Gtech and Houston fire people mid-season but people think it's asinine to do that here at UConn? I understand firing PP is probably not a good thing to have happen mid-season but clearly GDL needs to go tonight, hell, RIGHT NOW. I just don't understand what is going through the heads of the higher ups. How many times do you need to have your program embarrassed before you act? How many fans do you need to lose before you act? How empty must your stadium need to be to act? GOOD GOLLY.....DO SOMETHING NOW

I think people were saying that there is no way a Coach P would get fired during the season. When was the last time a head coach was fired in season due to performance issues? I can't think of any.

As for GDL, I think Coach Foley would do fine as an O Coordinator for the rest of the season. But Coach P demoted him before the season, unlikely he would allow him to call plays (would make too much sense).

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I kinda agree with you Dan that it's hard to put this loss solely on PP but I will say this. UConn shouldn't have been in this position to begin with. As many others have stated in multiple threads, Temple was playing with MAC level talent. We should have taken that 14-0 lead and blown the game open. What happened instead? We reverted back to our boring, sluggish offense. We should never have been in a one score game. Maybe this is a reflection on the talent on Offense? Who knows. Bottom line is that we should have taken that 14-0 lead and blown Temple away to the point where they couldn't have come back. Instead, the offense just shut down and that lands on PP, GDL, and even the players.

This is what I'll say was on PP today: for the umpteenth week in a row, we have failed to establish the run against a team that I believe we should be able to establish the run against.

I will never argue against that point, as I am one of the many on the Boneyard still shaking their heads at the fact that Foley is no longer the OLine coach. But the team threw the ball better today. They moved down the field a fair amount. And they should have had 23 points on the board, 20 points if the kicker misses one. There is no way in hell that I am going to buy an argument that states that a kicker is not expected to make 1 out of 4 kicks from less than fifty (a couple were less than forty). I used to make 35 yarders in the snow at Memorial Field after being slightly "tipsy", and there is no excuse for what I saw today from our kicker...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I think people were saying that there is no way a Coach P would get fired during the season. When was the last time a head coach was fired in season due to performance issues? I can't think of any.

As for GDL, I think Coach Foley would do fine as an O Coordinator for the rest of the season. But Coach P demoted him before the season, unlikely he would allow him to call plays (would make too much sense).

I agree with you that we can't fire PP at this point. It just doesn't make sense to do that. But I agree with you that GDL can go and Foley, or heck, ANYONE could do a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom