Ekmark Transfers... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ekmark Transfers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don't think it had anything to do with her injury. She wants to play meaningful minutes and that wasn't going to happen at UConn. She would be the last of the guards behind: Kia, Katie Lou, Crystal, Saniya and Molly. There wouldn't be many minutes for her again. Best of luck, Courtney.
Plus she would have much more competition still in her senior year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Courtney will enjoy the best of both worlds.

1 - She takes with her two years of learning how to play the game UConn style, and having been tutored and coached by one of the best college coaches of all time. She leaves with not 1, but 2 championship rings in her back pocket that no one can take away from her; she earned those. She'll take away the experience of preparing for, and playing in six games in the NCAA tournament twice. That's something most players never get to experience once.

2 - She's going to finish her college career at home, playing in front of family and friends on a nightly basis. This dynamic should not be taken lightly. There's no place like home. Her chances of getting more playing time just improved exponentially with this move.

Looking at it from several perspectives, all I can see is a win-win for Courtney. I don't see any down side or negatives to her transferring to ASU. Any time you return home, it's always nice. Just ask Moriah Jefferson who returned to her personal "briar patch".

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Courtney was the #1 student in her high school class through 3 years. I expect that she'll spend 3 years at ASU and complete a graduate degree program, leaving with 2 degrees.

Reaction Score
A New England prep school league simply does not have the cachet (no, not the cache!) of a big-high school conference in, say, Texas.;)

You'd have a point if that was the only place these kids were evaluated. The AAU tournaments, where there's more mixing of top players, and camps are where a lot of players get seen.

Though if a player happens to miss those then she can be under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom