Edsall Fired | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Edsall Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WHY wouldnt RE BE INVISIBLE.....he's a mediocre HC and recruiter at best....maybe he's lucky and gets a mid level G5 job next cycle.....not for Mike Locksley he'd of been canned 2 yrs ago at UMd..he was forced on him... they near mutinied ....see how much better they played after he was dumped for ML...unfortunately ML is all recruit no coach....at least the players liked him.... thank god he left you guys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly ...

This isn't fair. Maryland, by most any measure, is a better job; one in which you COULD go to a major bowl regularly. In a B1G model, even when you are mediocre (like many this year), they go to far better bowls and get more TV exposure. Money is better. You had Under Armor (money plus bling). I do find Edsall to Maryland to be understandable from the variables a coach should evaluate for his family. Except ... if they liked Connecticut, they could have lasted a long long time and that has to be disruptive.

I feel, after all this time, that it was time for Edsall to go. Hathaway problems - sure. But, he also was sounding weary at the end. After selling the Program for like 14 years, he had the tone of someone that thought UConn should have been an easier lift. If he thought about the P5, and why wouldn't he, it was probably a time to leap. He had done a good job in Storrs. Good riddance. His exit was as poor as most any you'd ever hear about.
that was the polite version...but he was good for UConn but went as far as he was able and knew it....sneak out the door while your still wanted. Good old coach em up RE..

Reaction Score
that was the polite version...but he was good for UConn but went as far as he was able and knew it....sneak out the door while your still wanted. Good old coach em up RE..

There's some notion amongst RUTGERS fans that Edsall wasn't the equal of Schiano. What BS. The record & your eye told you different. Those two programs rose in the same years. There's not a lot of separation between the production nor the Program Building of the two. Both did great for the piece of clay they were given. Both fit that particular University for that moment. Schiano a better recruiter ? Then ... You have to say Edsall was a better developer of raw talent AND better at eyeballing the raw kid. With some positional exception.

In the long run, both rose to Peter Principle level. If either came back at a decent College level, I'm not sure either is a great bet. I think both got kicked in the balls at the higher level.

Reaction Score
There's some notion amongst RUTGERS fans that Edsall wasn't the equal of Schiano. What BS. The record & your eye told you different. Those two programs rose in the same years. There's not a lot of separation between the production nor the Program Building of the two. Both did great for the piece of clay they were given. Both fit that particular University for that moment. Schiano a better recruiter ? Then ... You have to say Edsall was a better developer of raw talent AND better at eyeballing the raw kid. With some positional exception.

In the long run, both rose to Peter Principle level. If either came back at a decent College level, I'm not sure either is a great bet. I think both got kicked in the balls at the higher level.
We'll i'd give GS the nod because the record his first few years after cleaning up Sheas mess and starting over gives a bad impression in the W-L record but given the talent RE had to work with he probably was a better developer......overall though both put many kids in the NFL but doubt they'll make much noise or be in heavy demand in the future...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There's some notion amongst RUTGERS fans that Edsall wasn't the equal of Schiano.
At the very least, Schiano had a succession plan. Edsall had an exit plan.

Reaction Score

Both were flawed as coaches. Schiano did have one sensational year, Randy never did. And Schiano got an NFL job. Edsall won't ever sniff one. So I think it's advantage Schiano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom