Duke Rumor about Coach P | The Boneyard

Duke Rumor about Coach P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn is reporting a rumor that Duke Admin is attempting a buyout on Coach P's contract. Want to hire Courtney Banghart Princeton's Coach.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder how the Princeton girls feel about the rumor going into the tournament.

HGN

Reaction Score
Coach P may redeem herself by making a deep run in the NCAA Tournament. So don't count her out too quickly.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Probably bull with the tourney upcoming.
Wonder if this propels (her…ha) kids to do better…or Worse.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How can they do worse? They have no leadership, they make unforgivable turnovers, they lack basketball IQ. Hey, as I was typing this I just remembered the old Casey Stengel line; "I managed good, but boy, did they play awful" (or words to that effect). Coach P has obviously been channelong the Old Perfesser.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put too much into considering who it came from. Interesting choice of words by Banghart.

JS

Reaction Score
Interesting tweet by Banghart yesterday given this rumor:

Courtney Banghart @CoachBanghart · Mar 11
A video look at this great team: #"You play games to win them, not to learn lessons." http://youtu.be/AcNVL3Iq_FU
You don't suppose that's a pointed reference to someone, do you?

espnw_ap_mccallieinline_300.jpg

“I'm not pleased with our team's toughness. We really need to be strong on the court. It was a good lesson for us, but not at all the kind of basketball we play.”

"Obviously we didn’t do our part to make it a better game. This is a tough lesson for us and a good opportunity for others. We can take what we learn and grow from it."

"We didn’t do what we needed to do. You can’t take everything away from what they’ve done and our season ends on a very learning note."

"Yeah, it was a good game, and hard fought. We've got some great lessons learned for us as we grow in this season, and I think it's a really great thing . . ."

"I have to give credit to this things Stanford did. There’s some lessons for us and I’m sure some lessons I’ll take with us."
'
“This is exactly how we’ve been playing all year. It was consistent and more of the same. We’ve played some great 20 minute ball but we’ve been pretty much non-existent for 40 minute ball. . . . There were some great lessons to learn from.”

“We took a lot of shots, and I think, hopefully, we’re going to learn a valuable lesson when we watch the film,”

Etc. Etc.

Reaction Score
This forum, for the most part, has never been keen on Coach McCallie, but it is difficult for me to believe that the Duke athletic administration is dissatisfied with a women's basketball program that, for the past seven seasons under Coach McCallie, has won no less than 25 games, has won at least 30 games three times, has been to the Elite 8 four times, and has won the ACC Tournament as the #1 seed three times.

Reaction Score
This forum, for the most part, has never been keen on Coach McCallie, but it is difficult for me to believe that the Duke athletic administration is dissatisfied with a women's basketball program that, for the past seven seasons under Coach McCallie, has won no less than 25 games, has won at least 30 games three times, has been to the Elite 8 four times, and has won the ACC Tournament as the #1 seed three times.

It is also difficult believing that Duke would be willing to offer a buyout on a contract with four years still remaining on a contract that was just extended two years ago.

Reaction Score
It is also difficult believing that Duke would be willing to offer a buyout on a contract with four years still remaining on a contract that was just extended two years ago.

Also difficult to believe that they would risk having something like this leak right at tournament time.

Reaction Score
This is also coming from a guy who said Sierra Calhoun left Duke because of a practice incident. If this was true I would be willing to bet my money the "practice video" would be talked about by more than one person.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Two years ago Banghart came to USC(west coast) to interview and meet with the players. This was after USC and Michael Cooper parted ways. She came in April, after the season was over. I don't believe it was supposed to be known she had gone on the interview and when word got back at Princeton that she had interviewed the girls supposedly told her not to go that they needed her. She stayed, as USC made the choice to give the job to Cynthia Cooper(big mistake but that's another story).
Now the timing of the info that she had interviewed was after the season was over and it didn't affect any players mental state of mind for an upcoming game.
Now Mike Flynn has to tweet the info, whether its correct or not time will tell.
I doubt he considered the mental state of mind of the Princeton players, and probably not the Duke players either, especially those who are not seniors, as they approach another post season.
Is Mike looking for a job at TMZ, or does he just love to put a dig in the Duke coaches reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom