Dog days of August..., so why not discuss KML height controversy... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dog days of August..., so why not discuss KML height controversy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The one doesn't negate the other.
Yea it kinda does.

True, I think KML is 5-10, not 6-0. However, she also weighs 185 and can, therefore, play the 4 with the best of them, play the 3 better than all of them, play the 2 if that's what the situation calls for and take a stab at the 5 in her spare time.
See? As I said.

Are you having fun yet?
Almost. :D

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, it's not. I have two more days in Pittsburgh.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
No, it's not. I have two more days in Pittsburgh.
Did you ever hear the one about "Two Tickets to Pittsburgh" and the guy making mistake ..... ?
Um, never mind.

Reaction Score
My eyes.

Ah, good. I was very worried your source might have been the uconn roster data. I won't argue with your eyes. You see what you see. [period]

Changing tact, the WUG roster stats and picture show an opportunity lost. All players listed at or above 6-0 are seen standing. The KML height controversy might have been aided with additional information had she been amongst those standing. Alas, she was seated with the under 6-0 part of the roster :-(

image.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And he sees in person. KML is 1.07813 DDs tall.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Ah, good. I was very worried your source might have been the uconn roster data. I won't argue with your eyes. You see what you see. [period]

Changing tact, the WUG roster stats and picture show an opportunity lost. All players listed at or above 6-0 are seen standing. The KML height controversy might have been aided with additional information had she been amongst those standing. Alas, she was seated with the under 6-0 part of the roster :-(

View attachment 3454

are you kidding me?

or -
They had 5 kids under 6' and 7 at or over 6'...someone had to sit in the front row. KML is at 6', the rest are over, hence, she gets the nod.

Reaction Score
are you kidding me?

or -
They had 5 kids under 6' and 7 at or over 6'...someone had to sit in the front row. KML is at 6', the rest are over, hence, she gets the nod.

But of course, RadyLady. I couldn't have said it better myself. You are precisely correct. Someone amongst the 6' up crowd had to sit in order to achieve a certain picture frame symmetry or for some other reason.

The point is and only is that an opportunity to see KML standing amongst that particular group was lost as a result.

That, and only that.

You're having fun, right? :)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
But of course, RadyLady. I couldn't have said it better myself. You are precisely correct. Someone amongst the 6' up crowd had to sit in order to achieve a certain picture frame symmetry or for some other reason.

The point is and only is that an opportunity to see KML standing amongst that particular group was lost as a result.

That, and only that.

You're having fun, right? :)
Then why did you say ALL the players listed 6' or more were seen standing?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
By the way, the USA roster from last years 3-3 team has Hartley listed at 5'10". I believe that is her true height and clearly pictures this year of Hartley and KML from the WUG team has KML 2 inches taller.

And before you ask, I'm having fun.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Too bad!- and here KML is at the "Height" of her career!
I will find my the pics I took with her at Bib East tmt. She may be closer to 6' I think.

Reaction Score
It occurred to me that all you have to do is substitute strength of schedule in place of height, and I could swear jpl is from The Summit.

"We might not win but our strength of schedule players are shorter than yours"

Reaction Score
Then why did you say ALL the players listed 6' or more were seen standing?

Well, DD, nitpicks are a good way to have fun; hyper-accuracy in the way something is expressed is cool, but I'm not sure your comment is either nit or hyper. It rather looks more like an attempt to complicate the obvious. Less fun is had when someone does that, don't you think? :-o

Reaction Score
By the way, the USA roster from last years 3-3 team has Hartley listed at 5'10". I believe that is her true height and clearly pictures this year of Hartley and KML from the WUG team has KML 2 inches taller.

And before you ask, I'm having fun.

Oh joy! DD, now I get to illustrate for you the difference between being obvious on one hand (your ditty in prior post) and a true, honest to goodness nitpick on the other (what I will here illustrate):

You have stated, without hesitation that you believe Hartley is 5-10. The only thing that remains unclear is whether you base your belief on your "eyes" or on some other way of belief formation.

But, you have consistently listed Hartley as 5-9 in all of your usually, but not always accurate game analyses. I do not recall any instance where you listed Hartley at other than 5-9.

Yet, you here claim adherence to the belief she is 5-10. You could have posted your analyses with 5-10, but you did not. Who knows, perhaps if you had done so, UCONN wouldn't have list to ND 3 times, resulting in real grief around here.

I'll here do what I can to help you out. Here's a nice piece of 5-10 proof for you that relies solely on Baylor having correctly listed Sims as 5-8 (somewhat doubtful) and UCONN having correctly listed KML at 6-0 (also doubtful):

image.jpg

Reaction Score
However, DD, as to your stated belief that KML is taller than Doty and Faris, in your eyes, I gather the bunny-gate photo must have been distressing to you for reasons other than that which provoked lots of hand wringing and teeth gnashing around here. I'm afraid there's a confounding height variable in that photo seen 'round the world that can only be set aside by assuming a difference in heels versus flats:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01