DJ Dogpound - Week 2 Setlist (NC State) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DJ Dogpound - Week 2 Setlist (NC State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Yes. I watched MTV. When they used to play music videos on it instead of showing me Kardashians (or similarly intellectually inspired programming)

i was recently told "you know you're old when you complain about when MTV used to play music" after i said something similar at a barbecue. now i just leave the topic alone

Reaction Score
Old Man.jpg
Bizlawyer = "DJ Pottymouth better have a Program for me!"

Reaction Score
They used to play this a few years ago, just before kickoff. The camera would focus on Andre Dixon and he would shake his dreads to it.

I'm not going to lie: I'm almost 40, with a wife and a child and a home in the suburbs, yet this song is on my pre-game playlist (along with the Fight Song, O Fortuna, Sandstorm and others). Every morning, before games, I blast the playlist throughout the house and when this song comes on, I shake my head like 'Dre (as if I had dreads). No judging.

We'd like video confirmation please...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Without getting too much into a somewhat sensitive topic of which groups of people can use which type of lingo, I think DJ Dogpound is using the "parlance of our times" with his tongue firmly in cheek, and he's not being a d**k about it so he gets a pass from me. Older generations have been complaining about the cultural habits of "those damn kids" since at least the flappers in the '20's, if not before that, that's just how things are.

Reaction Score
You know, I really really thought I was going to hate the Dogpound DJ but....damnit...I like havbing this guy at The Rent every game.
We need a BONEYARD tune, he can just play it twice a quarter and at halftime!!
Hey DJD, "boneman connection" sounds good!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm actually a big fan of Maiden's two most recent albums which aren't really metal per se. I guess they would just be classified as rock. They're less of the in your face awesomeness of Aces High and The Trooper and more in the style of growing on you. First and second listen to the most recent one I thought it was just alright but the more I listened the more I loved it.

I've only been listening to them for 7 or so years (only 21 years old) so right off the bat I was able to listen to early stuff with Di'Anno, both Dickinson eras and the Blaze Bayley albums in the middle all at once. I really like all of it. I can understand why I fan of pure Metal wouldn't be a fan of some of it, but again metal isn't necessarily my favorite style - classic rock is. But Maiden takes a little bit of a bunch of different genres at different points and has a cool evolution as a band. Definitely my favorite band.
"Were eagles dare" enough said sorry had to get in the last word!

Reaction Score
Also, how about some HYFR by Drake and Lil Wayne. Or Mercy by Kanye (et all).

Okay, okay, maybe it's not kid-friendly, but c'mon...

Reaction Score

When DJ Dogpound plays this for.....when we're on.....>>>>>> D?

Then we'll know what up.

Ah the memories. Who else wnet to see PE and Anthrax when they played at UConn back in the early 90's?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

When DJ Dogpound plays this for.....when we're on.....>>>>>> D?

Then we'll know what up.

Carl, you deserve 5 "likes" from me on this one. At the time, it was revolutionary how these two groups mixed metal and rap. Nowadays, everybody and their grandmother do it. But back then, this was the one that said, "Holy crap! We can do THAT???" Run DMC and Aerosmith set some of the stage with the mix of a rock song to rap lyrics with the re-make of "Walk This Way" (as well as Run DMC's "Rock Box"), and LL Cool J had mixed guitars in some of his earlier work, but this one knocked it out of the park...

...hear the drummer get wicked!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
It's funny, when I get in the mood around my house to start rummaging through the music, my kids, who think they're rebels, start to wonder - WTF.......times are different today, and kids have a lot different sh(t to deal with and be concerned about now, than we did then, but when it comes to cutting edge scare the out of your parents kind of music, I think my generation takes the cake hands down. There's nothing that my kids can put on a sound system that makes me uncomfortable.

Speaking of Faith No More, Listen to Mike Patton doing the background screams on this track (for you youngsters out there, Patton does the voice overs for most of the video games out there these days that involve - well freaky sounds)

Reaction Score
It would be nice if they actually played more of "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N Roses rather than just the first two seconds.
It looks like someone listened. Was that you running the audio clips, DJ Joey? The audience actually responded to that song being played. I couldn't believe it.

Reaction Score
Also, how about some HYFR by Drake and Lil Wayne. Or Mercy by Kanye (et all).

Okay, okay, maybe it's not kid-friendly, but c'mon...
Are you kidding??!!?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hey, props to our DJ friend today. Crowd was lifeless in the 3rd quarter and he tried his best to wake people up. Music was good all around... plus, I mean, Gangnam Style. Nuff said there. Except for some reason I think the crowd was a little puzzled by it. Not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom