DJ Dogpound - Week 2 Setlist (NC State) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DJ Dogpound - Week 2 Setlist (NC State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is easy to figure out. If Gangnam Style plays between the 1st and 2nd quarter, it's legit. Or the Starland Vocal Band, just as good.:p:confused::oops::rolleyes::D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I wanna see you, the spirit squad (or whatver they r calling them this year) and Ms Noonan riding the pony! Good enough for Dodger Stadium, good enough for the Rent!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hey DJ got a perfect theme song for NC State, 5 minutes alone from PANTERA get yer
Pull baby!

Reaction Score
When this post came on last week, I assumed it was a great parody. Now, I'm actually believing this (and the prior post) was serious.

As the father of 21 and 25 year old young men, I am now scared for their future.

Never judge a generation by specific examples of it. Your generation has plenty of terrible examples of humanity if you want me to point them out. ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When this post came on last week, I assumed it was a great parody. Now, I'm actually believing this (and the prior post) was serious.

As the father of 21 and 25 year old young men, I am now scared for their future.

Based on the spelling of Jeremy I suspect you.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Old Megadeth! How about "Wake Up Dead"?
If we're gonna go Megadeth I think we have to go with this track from Rust In Peace, possibly the best Thrash album ever...

Reaction Score
I prefer "Peace Sells..." over "Rust in Peace", but good song choice!

As for Metallica, c'mon. That's radio friendly stuff. They started writing love songs after "...And Justice For All".

mets1090

Reaction Score
Peace Sells is also good. Thrash isn't my style but I make a general exception for Megadeth. Dave Mustaine is out of this world.

Not a fan of Metallica. Iron Maiden is the way to go.

Reaction Score
The DJ is in the house! Good vibes for this week, go Huskies!

The DJ with a total of 8 messages on the Boneyard and 28 likes, now that's a positive ratio.

Reaction Score
Peace Sells is also good. Thrash isn't my style but I make a general exception for Megadeth. Dave Mustaine is out of this world.

Not a fan of Metallica. Iron Maiden is the way to go.
Dave Mustaine is one of the people who pretty much created thrash. Paul Di'Anno > Bruce Dickinson. My favorite all-time band is Mercyful Fate.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Dave Mustaine is one of the people who pretty much created thrash. Paul Di'Anno > Bruce Dickinson. My favorite all-time band is Mercyful Fate.
Di'Anno's voice is cool but Bruce is amazing. I've only had the chance to see them live twice so far but both times they were incredible. I don't know any Mercyful Fate besides one song (Evil) that's in a guitar hero game (and I hate being one of those guys, this is a rare instance where that's the case). It's an awesome song though and when I heard it for the first time I meant to look into them. Never got around to it.

Reaction Score
Di'Anno's voice is cool but Bruce is amazing. I've only had the chance to see them live twice so far but both times they were incredible. I don't know any Mercyful Fate besides one song (Evil) that's in a guitar hero game (and I hate being one of those guys, this is a rare instance where that's the case). It's an awesome song though and when I heard it for the first time I meant to look into them. Never got around to it.
I've been a MF fan for 20 years. Listen to these albums, "Melissa" and "Don't Break the Oath". They were the epitome of NWOBHM, IMHO. And many hardcore metal fans would agree. Dickinson-era Maiden....eh. "Powerslave" was the only album I could completely like.

(I'll stop contributing to this thread with this post...)

mets1090

Reaction Score
I'm actually a big fan of Maiden's two most recent albums which aren't really metal per se. I guess they would just be classified as rock. They're less of the in your face awesomeness of Aces High and The Trooper and more in the style of growing on you. First and second listen to the most recent one I thought it was just alright but the more I listened the more I loved it.

I've only been listening to them for 7 or so years (only 21 years old) so right off the bat I was able to listen to early stuff with Di'Anno, both Dickinson eras and the Blaze Bayley albums in the middle all at once. I really like all of it. I can understand why I fan of pure Metal wouldn't be a fan of some of it, but again metal isn't necessarily my favorite style - classic rock is. But Maiden takes a little bit of a bunch of different genres at different points and has a cool evolution as a band. Definitely my favorite band.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Shizzizzleits, for everyone!

You're 1-0 DJ Dogpound! Keep the wins coming, my socially challenged friend!

Reaction Score
I've been a MF fan for 20 years. Listen to these albums, "Melissa" and "Don't Break the Oath". They were the epitome of NWOBHM, IMHO. And many hardcore metal fans would agree. Dickinson-era Maiden....eh. "Powerslave" was the only album I could completely like.

(I'll stop contributing to this thread with this post...)

You know, both of you guys are high jacking this thread, grand theft auto style.

mets1090

Reaction Score
You know, both of you guys are high jacking this thread, grand theft auto style.
I saw that coming the second someone posted a Metallica video. Metallica entering a metal discussion invariably leads to people talking about Metallica being lame and radio-friendly.

Reaction Score
I saw that coming the second someone posted a Metallica video. Metallica entering a metal discussion invariably leads to people talking about Metallica being lame and radio-friendly.

Geez - one song. Enter Sandman. yes, radio friendly but highly recognizable for the average sports fan as opposed to 3/4 of what is played now. . Sorry DJD - much better than last year.

Reaction Score
We were making suggestions. Then there were a grand total of maybe 6 posts that wandered off to the side discussing metal. No one was complaining about the previous three pages discussing Ebonics/jive/Jersey Shore/MTV/whatever. It would be nice if they actually played more of "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N Roses rather than just the first two seconds.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
what happened to the metal god!

U

UConn9604

They used to play this a few years ago, just before kickoff. The camera would focus on Andre Dixon and he would shake his dreads to it.

I'm not going to lie: I'm almost 40, with a wife and a child and a home in the suburbs, yet this song is on my pre-game playlist (along with the Fight Song, O Fortuna, Sandstorm and others). Every morning, before games, I blast the playlist throughout the house and when this song comes on, I shake my head like 'Dre (as if I had dreads). No judging.

I think this would be appropriate after we defer the kickoff and have our guys jogging out to line up for the kickoff......mostly just the intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom