Dan Orlovsky: “David Benedict Is A Schmuck” | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Dan Orlovsky: “David Benedict Is A Schmuck”

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don't think that's the only (or even a reasonable) explanation. DO is a mouthpiece for Randy. If he's saying this, you can bet that there is conflict between Edsall and Benedict.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I think Randy may feel like the whole mess with the state and his son's contract could have been handled by the athletic dept. and school administration much more professionally than it was.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Details, details. I was being sarcastic and it was supposed to be obvious to all that it was a made up rumor, just as with all the other unsubstantiated BS in this thread. My underlying point was that DB and RE need each other so rumors of a rift make no sense from the perspective of either party.

Edsall doesn't really need much of anything from anybody anymore. He's still the highest paid state employee in Maryland.

Reaction Score
Athletes and coaches are likely going to not want to be around Matt Burke now.
As if professional or any athletes and coaches previously allocated much if any time to the Metro subway trash and Mr. Bigelow ...

Reaction Score
He needs to do a better job of communicating that point if this is the case. Nothing he said would indicate that the AD ( and not KO, for instance ) is the issue.
Other than calling the AD a schmuck, great point.

Did he rip KO? No, obviously not. Doesn't mean he's wrong about the recruiting challenges. If you're asking me if I think KO is doing a good job despite the challenges, the answer is definitely a " no".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe not reeling for ten years, but there have been quite a few down years that we all probably forget about because of 2011 and 2014 championships.

17 and 14 in 2006/07, 18 and 16 in 2009/10, 20 and 14 in 2011/12, 20 and 10 in 2012/13, and the last two championship years weren't the dominating years we'd been accustomed to in the past. For example, in the 2010/11 year the team was only 21 and 9 in the regular season including 9 and 9 in the Big East.

Admittedly they're not like the last two years, but they were far from the record setting years in the 90's and 00's when UConn routinely dominated the Big East and set Big East regular season records for wins.

17 and 1 in 1995/96 is the Big East Record and there were two years of 16 and 2 (1993/94 and 1994/95). Syracuse did have a 17 and 1 record in 2011/12 that I believe was vacated by the NCAA in their most recent year of sanctions so I'm not sure if the Big East keeps that as a valid record.
What possible point could you be trying to make? You called 21-9 a down year despite the fact it ended in a national championship. I'd sign up for 21-9 every single regular season if it meant we made the final four and had the chance to win it all on the last weekend of games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All he has done here is undermine the program.
Did he put people's lives in danger?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds like Benedict reached out. Hopefully Dan learns a lesson from this: 1. If you have an issue with someone, speak to that person directly. 2. Don’t double down when questioned about a comment made. Just own up to it if you said it and apologize.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Benedict reached out. Hopefully Dan learns a lesson from this: 1. If you have an issue with someone, speak to that person directly. 2. Don’t double down when questioned about a comment made. Just own up to it if you said it and apologize.

They spoke the day of the article...

Reaction Score
Sounds like Benedict reached out.
Post-Orlovsky discussion with the Metro's BIGLEY, IIRC a direct comment by Orlovsky indicated he contacted Benedict or a more respected media representative strongly suggested Orlovsky contacted Benedict ... ??? In either case, AD David Benedict appropriatedly appears to have moved forward.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: BORING :rolleyes:
layBP-6PSlmacrgKPOv8PQ.png

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's quotes like this that keep one from getting coaching jobs.

They also aren't great for struggling Athletic Departments.

Reaction Score
Other than calling the AD a schmuck, great point.

Did he rip KO? No, obviously not. Doesn't mean he's wrong about the recruiting challenges. If you're asking me if I think KO is doing a good job despite the challenges, the answer is definitely a " no".

You misunderstood my point.

Dan had choice words about the state of the basketball program and then went on to call the AD a schmuck. He miscommunicated by providing examples of why Ollie is a schmuck to conclude that AD Dave is a schmuck. If he was trying to tie something to our AD he used the wrong anecdote.

Reaction Score
You misunderstood my point.

Dan had choice words about the state of the basketball program and then went on to call the AD a schmuck. He miscommunicated by providing examples of why Ollie is a schmuck to conclude that AD Dave is a schmuck. If he was trying to tie something to our AD he used the wrong anecdote.
Okay fair enough, but I think you're assuming the quotes in the article are printed in the same order that they were given. That's definitely possible, but it's also possible (and in my opinion, likely) that the author took some liberties and put the quotes in the order he preferred in order to fit the story he wanted to tell. The quotes are kind of all over the place, so either Dan was haphazardly rambling, or the author moved them around in order to write his story. I think that's more likely.

He wasn't wrong about the difficulty facing Ollie recruiting in the AAC, but Ollie can't make excuses, he has to do better. Cincy is ranked in the top 10, WSU and SMU (if not for the injuries) are top 25 programs. AAC or not, there's absolutely no reason we should be down at the bottom of the conference with ECU and USF.

Reaction Score
It's quotes like this that keep one from getting coaching jobs.

They also aren't great for struggling Athletic Departments.
They've moved on. Things will be alright.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom