Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Never heard of people from Des moines going to Onaha to experience the life. Des moines has just about everything Omaha has minus the crime. Maybe that is what your bro in law and his friends look for. the drugs and crime?

Yeah, I've heard what I stated from multiple midwest folks, so I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on your "never heard" comment. Des Moines doesn't have anything going on, and Omaha doesn't have a lot of crime. I've been there. Nice town.

Iowa's got nothing going on. Sorry. Like I said, I live in New York City, so I've got a pretty good sense of what a city or region offers in terms of food, nightlife, etc.

Reaction Score
This is is the best tidbit I've seen on their forum.

"Why are people acting like u conn is an Ivy league school with trust fund babies? It is a mid/low tier public university that has a rather poor academic reputation. They have been snubbed by the acc, big 10 and big 12 for academics while a commuter school like Louisville got in the ACC and West Virginia the Big 12. ISU as an AAU member has a better reputation and is a much better school than uconn."

So says the #47th ranked public school to the 19th ranked public school.

Reaction Score
GetRatchet said:
All they got in Iowa are steers and queers and I don't see any horns on them boys.

I think you are cutting them a bit short. They also have Iowan Potatoes.

Reaction Score
Yeah that will really rile up the fan base on the basketball board....:confused:
That will fire up the loser fan base. They like to think Dan Gable's life was nothing after ISU. Gable left ISU, Sanderson left ISU, coincidence?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I saw the post on Cyfan and I thouht I would come here and try to clarify things. First of all thank you for letting me join your board. Some of the things I have seen that were posted are true and some are stretched a little bit from different fan bases. Cyclone Fanatic is the most delusional place on earth. They are by far the most insecure fan base that I've seen and I hope you don't judge all Iowans by the people on that website. I joined that board and tried to be cordial. The first post I made was to congratulate the ISU fans for being so during good times and bad. I was attacked by their fan base saying it was a back handed compliment and what I meant was their football team not being very good. I wasn't trying to be a troll and their football program doesn't need me to point out how bad they are. Having a football program for over 100 years and still looking for their first conference title shows how good they are. They have won 3 bowl games in their existence or the same amount Ricky Stanzi had as our quarterback. They have a rivalry forum but they ban very fan of other teams. They're just wanting to have their own fans on there having a circle jerk and talking to each other about how great they are. I've never worked as a plumber but I'm sure when all the toilets flush in Iowa they end up in Cyclone Fanatic. As for the state it is a much simpler and slower paced place to live than where you live. I was born and grew up here but after college I lived in Minneapolis for many years. I liked living in a bigger city when I was younger but when health problems came it was better for me to live back here. I'm guessing like most anywhere it's the people that you live around that will make or break how much you like an area. We can't come close to being able to experience what you can but I will say it's a lot cheaper to live here and probably a lot less stressful. People around here complain if it takes 20 minutes to drive 10 miles. I couldn't believe that when I moved back here. If you're interested in a more realistic view of Iowans and their football/basketball teams I suggest you visit Hawkeye Nation where the vast majority of the members, there are a few d-bags, appreciate the views of other fan bases and unless you do something really out of bounds you will not get banned. Good luck in the tournament and please drop a deuce on the Cyclones.

With all due respect, we only care about Iowa for one thing: Their vote to get us into the B1G.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I've heard what I stated from multiple midwest folks, so I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on your "never heard" comment. Des Moines doesn't have anything going on, and Omaha doesn't have a lot of crime. I've been there. Nice town.

Iowa's got nothing going on. Sorry. Like I said, I live in New York City, so I've got a pretty good sense of what a city or region offers in terms of food, nightlife, etc.
I spent the first 21 years of my life in Iowa. Left in 1999 and haven't been back since. I only plan on going back if I need to attend a wedding or funeral or something along those lines.

Reaction Score
Pretty cocky for a bunch of mid major fans. I doubt your university equals at Toledo would be so over the top.

Reaction Score
Pretty cocky for a bunch of mid major fans. I doubt your university equals at Toledo would be so over the top.

You guys have had a very nice season. That said, please remember you are a fan of Iowa State. Not exactly oozing success over there... Hold your conference above us, but that's it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think you are cutting them a bit short. They also have Iowan Potatoes.
Actually those potatoes are pretty good. I use them in stews and such where taste doesn't matter much and I don't feel like ponying up Maine potatoes.

Reaction Score
This is is the best tidbit I've seen on their forum.

"Why are people acting like u conn is an Ivy league school with trust fund babies? It is a mid/low tier public university that has a rather poor academic reputation. They have been snubbed by the acc, big 10 and big 12 for academics while a commuter school like Louisville got in the ACC and West Virginia the Big 12. ISU as an AAU member has a better reputation and is a much better school than uconn."

So says the #47th ranked public school to the 19th ranked public school.

Quite frankly, we may be dealing with the dumbest people in America.

Reaction Score

Honest question. When the ice melts, will you be noodling for catfish and making a run to the General Store for Mountain Dew and Little Debbie's?

Reaction Score
Honest question. When the ice melts, will you be noodling for catfish and making a run to the General Store for Mountain Dew and Little Debbie's?

Nailed it. There is literally nothing better than catching a catfish with your forearm and then knocking back a honey bun. Yeeeee-Haw!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah that will really rile up the fan base on the basketball board....:confused:

I know, because wrestling isn't an important sport to Iowans.

Reaction Score
Nailed it. There is literally nothing better than catching a catfish with your forearm and then knocking back a honey bun. Yeeeee-Haw!

Wow……..how to ruin Johnny U's legacy in 2 posts……...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is the best college forum ive been 2.
Not that my opinion matters but im literally L.O.Ling

Careful if you come by here after a loss. It's as miserable as any place. But we do like to laugh.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Yeah, wait till conference realignment tears our league up and then tell us we are a bunch of mid-major fans. Good job. A school like Gonzaga is a mid-major. They haven't won anything. We have been in the power conference. We have won multiple national titles in multiple sports while in that power conference.

Sure, call us a mid-major. Call us a low-major. Call us a high school team. But we still have hardware and plenty of it. What does Iowa State have? Cael Sanderson and a mascot with a broken arm? Who's the real mid-major?

Reaction Score
I know, because wrestling isn't an important sport to Iowans.
A majority of Iowans could care less about wrestling. Just because it is one of the top wrestling states, doesn't mean people get riled up over wrestling or even care about wrestling. Hell, Women's basketball is a bigger draw in the state of Iowa than wrestling

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah, wait till conference realignment tears our league up and then tell us we are a bunch of mid-major fans. Good job. A school like Gonzaga is a mid-major. They haven't won anything. We have been in the power conference. We have won multiple national titles in multiple sports while in that power conference.

Sure, call us a mid-major. Call us a low-major. Call us a high school team. But we still have hardware and plenty of it. What does Iowa State have? Cael Sanderson and a mascot with a broken arm? Who's the real mid-major?

Mascot it about to have another broken arm too, so there's that.

Reaction Score

Yep, still don't know a lot of people from Des Moines that go to Omaha for a big city feel. Most I know go to K.C., Minny, or Chicago. If it is a guys weekend or a girls weekend, Minny, chicago, and KC all have much more to offer and that is where "folks" go. I guess" heard from multiple Midwest folks" is probably more reliable than having lived somewhere for 30 years. And I wonder if you have "heard" about Des Moines or have been there. Because your"hear" information isn't very reliable. Personally, I have been to all five of the above multiple times. Know people that have lived in all the above for decades. So yea, I call BS.

I know nothing is like New York. That is a given and a fact. Des Moines is a very nice town that has plenty of entertainment and plenty of good food. where Des Moines is compared to where it was 10 years ago is a lot different. My Omaha crime comment came from the 90's when they had the thrid highest gang violence in the US and it was the drug trafficing center of the Midwest. In all fairness, Omaha has done a good job with crime but you better be damn careful on the North and Northeast side.

I like both Cities and have never had an issue having a good time in either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom