Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we have a few UConn fans over there being incredibly cordial and the Iowa State people began complaining that this behavior is kind of boring.

So I start a thread congratulating them on making the sweet 16 and then I posted some smack that was so over the top that you would have to be pretty dumb to not see it was tongue in cheek.

I remarked on how they would be lucky if we didn't break Cy's other arm, and that I hope that they didn't waste 1/5th of their net worth on air travel and tickets because they would be headed back to Iowa empty handed and that they should expect two more months of winter/polar vortices and the best ice fishing for Walleye on earth...

I guess Iowans don't have much of a sense of humor.

Times like this make me appreciate the lack of an itchy trigger finger over here when it comes to bans..

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
So we have a few UConn fans over there being incredibly cordial and the Iowa State people began complaining that this behavior is kind of boring.

So I start a thread congratulating them on making the sweet 16 and then I posted some smack that was so over the top that you would have to be pretty dumb to not see it was tongue in cheek.

I remarked on how they would be lucky if we didn't break Cy's other arm, and that I hope that they didn't waste 1/5th of their net worth on air travel and tickets because they would be headed back to Iowa empty handed and that they should expect two more months of winter/polar vortices and the best ice fishing for Walleye on earth...

Times like this make me appreciate the lack of an itchy trigger finger over here when it comes to bans..

Are you really that dumb?

pj

Reaction Score

Thank goodness you were banned, a few more jokes and you might have started a Connecticut-Iowa civil war.

Reaction Score
Thank goodness you were banned, a few more jokes and you might have started a Connecticut-Iowa civil war.

What would be wrong with that? Honestly, talking smack is fun. Honestly, I wouldn't have posted anything if I had never been to Iowa. When it isn't winter it's a fantastic place with really nice people. I think easterners should go to Wisconsin, Iowa and Mn every now and then to be reminded of what it is like to be around nice people.

Reaction Score
Iowa State fans are talking a lot of smack over there. Many think they are a lock for the Elite Eight.

Reaction Score
If you're goal was to have almost no one see the post, get banned and then come on here to whine, then, yes, you did it right.

Not whining, but they definitely are a bit Rutgersesque over there.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
sdhusky said:
Are you really that dumb?

Says the guy who gives exCuse fans " old fashioneds" on their board every time they stretch.

Well done OP, this is not the time for cordiality, as a board we need to take a lesson from KO and company and do the message board equivalent of a flagrant foul to set the tone and let this opposing fan base know there are " no easy buckets". I applaud your testiculos and commitment.

You get an a plus for originality too, and not resorting to the myriad of Corn jokes available.

Reaction Score
Says the guy who gives exCuse fans " old fashioneds" on their board every time they stretch.

Well done OP, this is not the time for cordiality, as a board we need to take a lesson from KO and company and do the message board equivalent of a flagrant foul to set the tone and let this opposing fan base know there are " no easy buckets". I applaud your testiculos and commitment.

You get an a plus for originality too, and not resorting to the myriad of Corn jokes available.

SDhusky spends more time on the Cuse board looking for validation than he does here.

Honestly, I went that far over the top hoping they would see it for what it was, good natured. It's their place they could have piled on with comebacks, lord knows they have plenty of ammunition.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the cutesy niceties going on over there between us and them are just...kind of lame.

Reaction Score

Cyclone Fanatic is a free site. It has a lot of younger fans and you will be able to rile them up easily.

Iowan's in general feel like most people that live in flyover states, neglected and forgotten about. We feel most on the East Coast would not know where Iowa was located and this is usually proven when people mistake Iowa for ohio, Idaho, etc. Heck, CBS even put the hawkeye logo on their sweet sixteen bracket showing that they don't have a clue about iowa or ISU and that we hate each other. So iowan's generally think of east coasters as arrogant pricks that are so self involved they don't have a clue about anything outside their 50 mile radius. Throw up a comment like that and you should expect to be lambasted.

Iowan's are sensitive

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
SDhusky spends more time on the Cuse board looking for validation than he does here.

Honestly, I went that far over the top hoping they would see it for what it was, good natured. It's their place they could have piled on with comebacks, lord knows they have plenty of ammunition.

What is the deal with Cy anyway? At first I thought they were talking about how they would have an advantage at MSG because with a name like Cy he is obviously a New York Jew and has connections.

Then I realized they were talking about a mascot??! who broke his arm at a UCONN football game? And man, they are more worked up about that than the hoops game.

Reaction Score
Cyclone Fanatic is a free site. It has a lot of younger fans and you will be able to rile them up easily.

Iowan's in general feel like most people that live in flyover states, neglected and forgotten about. We feel most on the East Coast would not know where Iowa was located and this is usually proven when people mistake Iowa for ohio, Idaho, etc. Heck, CBS even put the hawkeye logo on their sweet sixteen bracket showing that they don't have a clue about iowa or ISU and that we hate each other. So iowan's generally think of east coasters as arrogant pricks that are so self involved they don't have a clue about anything outside their 50 mile radius. Throw up a comment like that and you should expect to be lambasted.

Iowan's are sensitive

I guess I was too subtle. I had to live in LaCrosse, WI for two years on an assignment so I am familiar, but I was just trying to get some good natured trash talking going.

Reaction Score
tazclone said:

Iowan's are sensitive

All I know about Iowa is they are known for the Iowan Potatoes. Second best to Maine Potatoes.

Reaction Score
What is the deal with Cy anyway? At first I thought they were talking about how they would have an advantage at MSG because with a name like Cy he is obviously a New York Jew and has connections.

Then I realized they were talking about a mascot??! who broke his arm at a UCONN football game? And man, they are more worked up about that than the hoops game.

Yeah they are pretty worked up over it. But the last time anyone was aware that they had a football team we beat them at their place with a I-AA roster. And that was when they had that QB... geez I already forgot his name.

They also keep comparing MSG to the Sprint Center in KC. Too funny. MSG is a moshpit in comparison.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
So iowan's generally think of east coasters as arrogant pricks that are so self involved they don't have a clue about anything outside their 50 mile radius.

We are. We aren't very nice.

We are, however, typically well educated and most of us know where Iowa is. We just have no desire to go there.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Their mascot (the kid inside the costume) fell down some stairs at the Rent and broke his arm when they played us in football. Supposedly some drunk fan pushed him or something. That's all I remember, I could have it entirely wrong.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Yeah they are pretty worked up over it. But the last time anyone was aware that they had a football team we beat them at their place with a I-AA roster. And that was when they had that QB... geez I already forgot his name.

They also keep comparing MSG to the Sprint Center in KC. Too funny. MSG is a moshpit in comparison.

Seneca Wallace.

I remember listening to that game on the radio waiting for the other shoe to drop and for us to lose.

When Caulley took it to the house, for the first moment, I thought we would win.

Wow. Top 10 UCONN fan moment.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Their mascot (the kid inside the costume) fell down some stairs at the Rent and broke his arm when they played us in football. Supposedly some drunk fan pushed him or something. That's all I remember, I could have it entirely wrong.

Their stupid mascot kid was in our student section giving it to our students. He deserved to get pushed. It's just unlucky he broke his arm.

Reaction Score
I guess I was too subtle. I had to live in LaCrosse, WI for two years on an assignment so I am familiar, but I was just trying to get some good natured trash talking going.
I lived in sheboygan WI for three years then had to get #$k out. Wisconsin is screwed up.

Reaction Score
What would be wrong with that? Honestly, talking smack is fun. Honestly, I wouldn't have posted anything if I had never been to Iowa. When it isn't winter it's a fantastic place with really nice people. I think easterners should go to Wisconsin, Iowa and Mn every now and then to be reminded of what it is like to be around nice people.

I just got finished watching the movie Nebraska. That and my two years in Ann Arbor allows me to say this to you: No thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom