Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please tell me Ames is nicer than Lawrence. I went to a Kansas football game and couldn't believe how depressing that area was and how their fans were douches. On the other hand, Nebraska fans were amazingly nice.

Reaction Score
I would rather spend a weekend in Iraq than spend another in Billings.

Well, they were in Billings for 2 minutes. The rest of the time was Nebraska. Great movie, but the director claims it's a love song to the Plains states. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
I have a very good understanding of where Iowa, Minnesota and even New Orleans is. My guess is that as the source of the Mississippi is in Minnesota and it flows south with such volume (and for all intents and purposes splits this great nation) that the only thing that could get it to flow with that much force was something that sucked at an incredible rate (Iowa).

At the same time, there was a girl who worked for my company who grew up in Iowa (came east as an Au Pair and ended up with a clerical job in the company I worked for). Evidently she was a champion at a fair for some kind of yell (IIRC it was a husband calling contest). She did it once in the office and the walls shook. She did not last very long in the corporte world.

I know this person. Isn't she that portly blonde on Archer?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Iowa is not Nebraska...yikes. Nor is it the crap hole of ann arbor. You see this is what Iowan's talk about. Easterners thinking they can group the whole middle of the country into the same group.

Iowa has that baseball field in the corn though, doesn't it? That's pretty good.

Reaction Score
Wow. Sounds like NYC. You guys won't even know you aren't in Des Moines anymore.

Des Moines isn't bad, but I have to admit that once when I came to Drake U., I was picked up by a local and everyone was really excited about the opening of Krispy Kreme.

Reaction Score
Well, they were in Billings for 2 minutes. The rest of the time was Nebraska. Great movie, but the director claims it's a love song to the Plains states. Unbelievable.

What you don't want to live in a place that has one bar that serves pickled eggs and cheese curds?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You just described the Hartford area. Iowa sounds nice, but I'll keep megalopolis. I'd rather not have to rely on Des Moines for entertainment purposes when I can live here, be just as miserable, and drive to NY, Boston, the ocean, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington all within 5.5 hours.

Oh and that doesn't mention Canada. Quebec, Montreal, and Niagara Falls are all within 6-7 hours.
Des Moines is cooler than Hartford. Heresy, I know, but I'll call a spade a spade. Hartford really, really sucks right now and has for the last decade. New Haven has it all over Hartford right now and this is coming from someone who grew up in the Farmington Valley. It's a shame what Hartford has become.

Reaction Score

Once you get east of Livingston, MT the whole plains region is like that until you hit Minneapolis or Kansas City.

Reaction Score
Please tell me Ames is nicer than Lawrence. I went to a Kansas football game and couldn't believe how depressing that area was and how their fans were douches. On the other hand, Nebraska fans were amazingly nice.
ISU fans hate the hoks and hate the Jayhawks. I don't think you will find anyone in iowa with good things to say about Lawrence.

Ames is a nice small town and has City leaders that want to keep it that way. Shopping and entertainment are in Des Moines which is 20 min away. I would guess people from the East Coast would find Ames boring. Des moines not so much

Nebraska fans are nice hawkeye fans are asses, jayhawk fns are pompous asses.

Reaction Score
What you don't want to live in a place that has one bar that serves pickled eggs and cheese curds?

While that stuff doesn't appeal to me, neither does fried bologna and onions, beef on weck, and now increasingly I'm sick of buffalo wings. So, I've put up with a lot already. Honestly, it was the utter lack of living that depressed most in that movie.

Reaction Score
Des Moines is cooler than Hartford. Heresy, I know, but I'll call a spade a spade. Hartford really, really sucks right now and has for the last decade. New Haven has it all over Hartford right now and this is coming from someone who grew up in the Farmington Valley. It's a shame what Hartford has become.

Hartford makes Kansas City seem like Disney World.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You just described the Hartford area. Iowa sounds nice, but I'll keep megalopolis. I'd rather not have to rely on Des Moines for entertainment purposes when I can live here, be just as miserable, and drive to NY, Boston, the ocean, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington all within 5.5 hours.

Oh and that doesn't mention Canada. Quebec, Montreal, and Niagara Falls are all within 6-7 hours.

Way to sell it matt.

Reaction Score
ISU fans hate the hoks and hate the Jayhawks. I don't think you will find anyone in iowa with good things to say about Lawrence.

Ames is a nice small town and has City leaders that want to keep it that way. Shopping and entertainment are in Des Moines which is 20 min away. I would guess people from the East Coast would find Ames boring. Des moines not so much

Nebraska fans are nice hawkeye fans are asses, jayhawk fns are pompous asses.

I will take Jayhawk fans over Mizzou fans. Living in KC I get exposed to both.

Reaction Score
I had family that lived in Tennessee (now in NC). I remember being asked if I wanted to go and get ice cream once with them. We drove, about an hour and a half to the nearest store. The only thing that sucked worse than the drive was the ice cream.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Des Moines isn't bad, but I have to admit that once when I came to Drake U., I was picked up by a local and everyone was really excited about the opening of Krispy Kreme.

That was a big moment in the North East too, iirc. Lasted about six months til people realized those things take decades off your life.

Reaction Score
While that stuff doesn't appeal to me, neither does fried bologna and onions, beef on weck, and now increasingly I'm sick of buffalo wings. So, I've put up with a lot already. Honestly, it was the utter lack of living that depressed most in that movie.

The Twin Brothers in Nebraska are really a pretty accurate stereotype.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Completely agree. But the description little city with enough to do generally applies.

Reaction Score

I can be to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Kansas City, St Loius Madison, Omaha in less than 5 hours? What's your point? I can fly round trip to Denver for $160, Pheonix for $200 and San Antonio for $300. And get there their quicker than you can get to Montreal. What's your point?

Reaction Score
Once you get east of Livingston, MT the whole plains region is like that until you hit Minneapolis or Kansas City.

I looked up the town where they filmed the movie, it's called Plainview, Nebraska. How imaginative. But an article in the local newspaper about the movie had this comment at the bottom:
David Ingram24 days ago
I grew up in Plainview, glad they have something else to talk about besides their neighbor.

I once threw a party in Ann Arbor, and mostly midwesterners were invited (from Indiana and Wisky). They showed up 10 minutes early while my girlfriend was still showering and while I was on an ice run to the local package store. As I pulled up, not only were 15 of them early, they were standing in LINE!!

Reaction Score
So we have a few UConn fans over there being incredibly cordial and the Iowa State people began complaining that this behavior is kind of boring.

So I start a thread congratulating them on making the sweet 16 and then I posted some smack that was so over the top that you would have to be pretty dumb to not see it was tongue in cheek.

I remarked on how they would be lucky if we didn't break Cy's other arm, and that I hope that they didn't waste 1/5th of their net worth on air travel and tickets because they would be headed back to Iowa empty handed and that they should expect two more months of winter/polar vortices and the best ice fishing for Walleye on earth...

I guess Iowans don't have much of a sense of humor.

Times like this make me appreciate the lack of an itchy trigger finger over here when it comes to bans..
What are you a Providence fan? That is the type of behavior I expect from Sean or FriarJ but come on, grow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom