Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You just described the Hartford area. Iowa sounds nice, but I'll keep megalopolis. I'd rather not have to rely on Des Moines for entertainment purposes when I can live here, be just as miserable, and drive to NY, Boston, the ocean, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington all within 5.5 hours.

Oh and that doesn't mention Canada. Quebec, Montreal, and Niagara Falls are all within 6-7 hours.
I do think it is funny that you don't mention anything good about the place you live except it is within 5 hours of other areas.

Reaction Score
I can be to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Kansas City, St Loius Madison, Omaha in less than 5 hours? What's your point? I can fly round trip to Denver for $160, Pheonix for $200 and San Antonio for $300. And get there their quicker than you can get to Montreal. What's your point?
You can get to Omaha and St Loius Madison in less then 5 hours? Sorry we stand corrected - sign us up- I'm in!!!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I can be to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Kansas City, St Loius Madison, Omaha in less than 5 hours? What's your point? I can fly round trip to Denver for $160, Pheonix for $200 and San Antonio for $300. And get there their quicker than you can get to Montreal. What's your point?

My point is I live next door to NYC. I'll take NYC over all the places you named combined.

Reaction Score
Honesty. Hartford may be my city and I like living in this general region- for the most part- but the city still sucks and still makes me miserable. It's just that our surrounding area makes theirs look like Siberia.

A couple weeks ago I drove the family down to Conn., and we listened to a young adult book on tape called "The Witch of Blackbird Pond." It was cool because it was a 7 hour tape and we were almost finished when we decided to pull over and see Old Wethersfield on the way down to New Haven. Looked very nice. Anyone live there? Stopped for a soda at the pizza shop, but decided to make straight for Pepe's in New Haven (please, no pizza tangent!!!). Conn. really is for small town living.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I do think it is funny that you don't mention anything good about the place you live except it is within 5 hours of other areas.

Because that's all Connecticut is good for. This place sucks. But it's close to good places.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
A couple weeks ago I drove the family down to Conn., and we listened to a young adult book on tape called "The Witch of Blackbird Pond." It was cool because it was a 7 hour tape and we were almost finished when we decided to pull over and see Old Wethersfield on the way down to New Haven. Looked very nice. Anyone live there? Stopped for a soda at the pizza shop, but decided to make straight for Pepe's in New Haven (please, no pizza tangent!!!). Conn. really is for small town living.

Funny you should mention that. I live around the corner from Old Wethersfield. You should try Aroma Bistro next time you're in the area. You just missed it. It's nextdoor to Village Pizza.

Reaction Score
Isn't Iowa an acronym for "Idiots Out Wandering Around?" They left out "on trailers" just because Iowaot was too hard to pronounce.

Reaction Score
I never understood harsh opinions of where others live. 75% of the time it is out of their control ... and the other 25% just brag about where they live because they couldn't move away even if they wanted to.

- I can't change where I was born or grew up.
- I chose my college because they offered the program I wanted to get a degree in.
- I choose to live within a 15 minute drive to where I am happily employed.

You could find something you like or dislike about any region in the country ... what's the big deal ...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That book is set in Old Wethersfield I think. Great area to stroll around, my ancient ancestors on my mom's side are under the first row of gravestones in back of the Congregational Church.

Reaction Score
I like the ocean and being within an hour of NYC and Boston. But thank you.

You sure you're within an hour of NYC and Boston? Or do you have a 737 in your driveway ... Mr. Travolta ... :p

Reaction Score
Because that's all Connecticut is good for. This place sucks. But it's close to good places.
Disagree. There's crappy places to live in CT and really nice places too. I loved growing up in southern CT.

Then I wised up after college and moved to Boston, but still ;)

MattMang23

Reaction Score
You sure you're within an hour of NYC and Boston? Or do you have a 737 in your driveway ... Mr. Travolta ... :p

Lol. I embellished. But I live about 1.5 hrs. No exaggeration.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I never understood harsh opinions of where others live. 75% of the time it is out of their control ... and the other 25% just brag about where they live because they couldn't move away even if they wanted to.

- I can't change where I was born or grew up.
- I chose my college because they offered the program I wanted to get a degree in.
- I choose to live within a 15 minute drive to where I am happily employed.

You could find something you like or dislike about any region in the country ... what's the big deal ...

Yeah. Living in San Diego, I totally get why someone would like Iowa or Hartford.

People mistakenly believe its sunny and blue skies every day here. It's not.

We're lucky to get 300 days a year like that.

Reaction Score

LOL.

Quote from the movie Nebraska.

"I can drive to Lincoln in an hour"

"But it's two hundred miles from here"

"Okay an hour and a half"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did you really just come here bragging about trolling on the internet? News flash: no one cares. I stopped trolling message boards when I was about 17.

There was no internet when I was 17. Thank God.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Too bad. You miss out on some nice areas. a low cost of living, and crappy winters

I grew up in the KC area and the winters in CT are much worse generally. Not sure if Ames could be much different than Kansas City in the winter. After having lived in CT for over 25 years, however, I now realize that the whole middle of the country is all the same, out there somewhere.

Reaction Score
That is a big appeal (NYC/Boston/RI beaches/VT skiing), but not the only one. Southern CT has a lot going on, and New Haven has been moving up my list of cities to spend time in.

I'm from Litchfield County. Still my favorite place on earth. But when I met Joe D'Ambrosio last year he told me that really wasn't CT.

Reaction Score
Disagree. There's crappy places to live in CT and really nice places too. I loved growing up in southern CT.

Then I wised up after college and moved to Boston, but still ;)
Seriously. Grew up in Waterbury, went to college in Hartford...live in Boston. Took way too long to live somewhere where there was something to do off campus.

Hartford is perhaps not as terrible as some are making it out to be (loved some of the bars), although it isn't as good as New Haven... and the reason to live in Hartford over New Haven, as @MattMang23 said, is that it provides an easy commute to Boston and NYC.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I will take Jayhawk fans over Mizzou fans. Living in KC I get exposed to both.

As a Jayhawk, I appreciate the sentiment. Mizzou fans are the worst.

The guy from Ames doesn't like Lawrence? Lawrence is a fantastic college town. I had law school classmates at KU who went to ISU, and while they remained Cyclone fans, none of them would pick Ames over Lawrence. I sure as hell wouldn't pick Storrs over Lawrence, and it isn't close.

Reaction Score
As a Jayhawk, I appreciate the sentiment. Mizzou fans are the worst.

The guy from Ames doesn't like Lawrence? Lawrence is a fantastic college town. I had law school classmates at KU who went to ISU, and while they remained Cyclone fans, none of them would pick Ames over Lawrence. I sure as hell wouldn't pick Storrs over Lawrence, and it isn't close.

I spent each of the past 5 Saturdays in Lawrence racing bikes out at Clinton Lake. It's about 45 minutes from where I live in KC. I was surprised at the negative comments about Lawrence. I love Mass Street. You just have to put blinkers on and pretend that Tonganoxie, Desoto and Topeka don't exist.

Honestly, I wish Storrs could be more like Lawrence.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
All I know about Iowa is they are known for the Iowan Potatoes. Second best to Maine Potatoes.
I think their license plates say something about their potatoes being famous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton