Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
http://i.imgur.com/jYayRXc.png
The way I remember it the Iowa Mascot was drunk and was harassing fans, mostly children and the elderly. Finally he just passed out and rolled off a deck. It was embarrassing. I believe UConn officials had to intervene to keep the kid in the suit from getting a drunk and disorderly charge filed against him. Iowa St. has never been invited back to the Rent. Nor should they. That kind of behavior is intolerable.
and then he wrote this:
jYayRXc.png

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Those Hawkeye fans would have you know it was the UConn student's fault he was being heckled. After all, the farmers scored a touchdown so wouldn't you run into the UConn student section in full mascot regalia to taunt too? That bird could do no wrong.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So one of your selling points is that you can get to Omaha, Minneapolis or Milwaukee in five hours?

Our biggest selling point is that you can't get to Omaha, Minneapolis or Milwaukee in five hours!

I've been to all three cities. All nice towns in their own way. (I live in NYC, so it's a bit of a different vibe.)

My brother in law is from Des Moines. He says that Iowans go to Omaha to experience "big city life." So I have to laugh at the guy from Ames making fun of Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I love midwestern yokels on that board who spell board as "bored". One dude has a picture of Winchester Ammunition as his signature.

I hope they bring their nice Realtree Camo to MSG. Might as well wear their Sunday best at such an occasion.

Reaction Score
Those Hawkeye fans would have you know it was the UConn student's fault he was being heckled. After all, the farmers scored a touchdown so wouldn't you run into the UConn student section in full mascot regalia to taunt too? That bird could do no wrong.

Are they the Hawkeyes or the Tornados?

Reaction Score
The way I remember it the Iowa Mascot was drunk and was harassing fans, mostly children and the elderly. Finally he just passed out and rolled off a deck. It was embarrassing. I believe UConn officials had to intervene to keep the kid in the suit from getting a drunk and disorderly charge filed against him. Iowa St. has never been invited back to the Rent. Nor should they. That kind of behavior is intolerable.

HA. The whole Cy fiasco kind of reminds me of the clown from Billy Madison

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah, what's 220 miles straight north./

This isn't about facts. I'm joining with the Northeasterner view of the rest of the country as part of our building a giant vortex of mojo that's going to roll into MSG on Friday evening.

Our Huskies are going to need it because they are doomed for sure against ISU.

Reaction Score
I saw the post on Cyfan and I thouht I would come here and try to clarify things. First of all thank you for letting me join your board. Some of the things I have seen that were posted are true and some are stretched a little bit from different fan bases. Cyclone Fanatic is the most delusional place on earth. They are by far the most insecure fan base that I've seen and I hope you don't judge all Iowans by the people on that website. I joined that board and tried to be cordial. The first post I made was to congratulate the ISU fans for being so during good times and bad. I was attacked by their fan base saying it was a back handed compliment and what I meant was their football team not being very good. I wasn't trying to be a troll and their football program doesn't need me to point out how bad they are. Having a football program for over 100 years and still looking for their first conference title shows how good they are. They have won 3 bowl games in their existence or the same amount Ricky Stanzi had as our quarterback. They have a rivalry forum but they ban very fan of other teams. They're just wanting to have their own fans on there having a circle jerk and talking to each other about how great they are. I've never worked as a plumber but I'm sure when all the toilets flush in Iowa they end up in Cyclone Fanatic. As for the state it is a much simpler and slower paced place to live than where you live. I was born and grew up here but after college I lived in Minneapolis for many years. I liked living in a bigger city when I was younger but when health problems came it was better for me to live back here. I'm guessing like most anywhere it's the people that you live around that will make or break how much you like an area. We can't come close to being able to experience what you can but I will say it's a lot cheaper to live here and probably a lot less stressful. People around here complain if it takes 20 minutes to drive 10 miles. I couldn't believe that when I moved back here. If you're interested in a more realistic view of Iowans and their football/basketball teams I suggest you visit Hawkeye Nation where the vast majority of the members, there are a few d-bags, appreciate the views of other fan bases and unless you do something really out of bounds you will not get banned. Good luck in the tournament and please drop a deuce on the Cyclones.

Reaction Score
I saw the post on Cyfan and I thouht I would come here and try to clarify things. First of all thank you for letting me join your board. Some of the things I have seen that were posted are true and some are stretched a little bit from different fan bases. Cyclone Fanatic is the most delusional place on earth. They are by far the most insecure fan base that I've seen and I hope you don't judge all Iowans by the people on that website. I joined that board and tried to be cordial. The first post I made was to congratulate the ISU fans for being so during good times and bad. I was attacked by their fan base saying it was a back handed compliment and what I meant was their football team not being very good. I wasn't trying to be a troll and their football program doesn't need me to point out how bad they are. Having a football program for over 100 years and still looking for their first conference title shows how good they are. They have won 3 bowl games in their existence or the same amount Ricky Stanzi had as our quarterback. They have a rivalry forum but they ban very fan of other teams. They're just wanting to have their own fans on there having a circle jerk and talking to each other about how great they are. I've never worked as a plumber but I'm sure when all the toilets flush in Iowa they end up in Cyclone Fanatic. As for the state it is a much simpler and slower paced place to live than where you live. I was born and grew up here but after college I lived in Minneapolis for many years. I liked living in a bigger city when I was younger but when health problems came it was better for me to live back here. I'm guessing like most anywhere it's the people that you live around that will make or break how much you like an area. We can't come close to being able to experience what you can but I will say it's a lot cheaper to live here and probably a lot less stressful. People around here complain if it takes 20 minutes to drive 10 miles. I couldn't believe that when I moved back here. If you're interested in a more realistic view of Iowans and their football/basketball teams I suggest you visit Hawkeye Nation where the vast majority of the members, there are a few d-bags, appreciate the views of other fan bases and unless you do something really out of bounds you will not get banned. Good luck in the tournament and please drop a deuce on the Cyclones.
The fans that have been here have been more than cordial, and when I peeked over there, they weren't too bad...although they do seem very upset about whatever happened to their mascot.

Only one thread cracked me up: "Dynasty in the making?" But, to be fair to the board, the largely killed their own poster.

Reaction Score
LOL.... a hok fan trolling a UConn site to talk about how ISU fans are delusional and sewer waste. And he wonders why he was treated poorly on CF.

Reaction Score

LOL. They sound like the Rutgers of the plains. We might as well refer to ISU as ROTP. They have as many bowl wins as us and they had like a 100 year head start.

Reaction Score
If you really want to piss off an ISU fan all you need to do is ask him why they wouldn't offer Dan Gable a job at the school in the early 1970's.
Yeah that will really rile up the fan base on the basketball board....:confused:

Reaction Score
I've been to all three cities. All nice towns in their own way. (I live in NYC, so it's a bit of a different vibe.)

My brother in law is from Des Moines. He says that Iowans go to Omaha to experience "big city life." So I have to laugh at the guy from Ames making fun of Nebraska.
Omaha is not nebraska

Reaction Score

Never heard of people from Des moines going to Onaha to experience the life. Des moines has just about everything Omaha has minus the crime. Maybe that is what your bro in law and his friends look for. the drugs and crime?

Reaction Score
nebraska-cousins.jpg

Talking to the fans at Cyclonefanatics is much like talking to the two hick twin brothers from the movie Nebraska. Just look at the thread over there on UConn student tickets. It's like reasoning with swine.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Never heard of people from Des moines going to Onaha to experience the life. Des moines has just about everything Omaha has minus the crime. Maybe that is what your bro in law and his friends look for. the drugs and crime?

Is it true Iowa St has as many bowl wins in 100 years as UCONN does in 10?

Reaction Score
It's kind of ironic watching them call us d-bags for making generalizations about the midwest, while they act like d-bags making generalizations about the northeast.

Never been to Iowa, but aside from a very few commonalities, Indiana is very different from Michigan, which is different than Illinois, which is nothing like Ohio. I get their point. But if they'd ever step foot in the northeast, they'd understand that New Jersey, NY, CT and the rest of New England are very different depending on where you go. Upstate NY compared to NYC is night and day. Western Mass is entirely different than Southern CT and Eastern Mass.

I think my favorite posts are the one where they call us a mid major. LMAO. The Big 12 is legit this year, and better than the AAC. But just about the entire roster (except Kromah) was recruited to play in the Big East. And I don't think the Big 12 is playing the AAC. I think ISU is playing UConn. They should be confident, they have talent and a great coach. But that's no excuse to be ignorant. We have more national championship rings in our backcourt than they do in their trophy case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom