Court Storming | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Court Storming

Reaction Score
Normally I’d agree but this was a game changer for a program finally back on their feet. Hopefully it doesn’t become a habit. The students will learn what it’s like to be the hunted going forward.
I have no idea what this cryptic nonsense means. We won a big game. The kids we constantly criticize showed up at XL helped us win and celebrated. Finally! It's not Sunday School it's a College Basketball Game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I have no idea what this cryptic nonsense means. We won a big game. The kids we constantly criticize showed up at XL helped us win and celebrated. Finally! It's not Sunday School it's a College Basketball Game.
Exactly…nice job by the kids and the crowd!

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I initially said to my wife, once it was clear that UConn was going to win, that I I hope the students don’t storm the court. Then I realized they are a bunch of kids that weren’t alive when we won our first ‘ship in ‘99 and many weren’t even alive during 9/11 (has nothing to do with this game but shows how young they are). It’s great to once again see passionate fans during a regular season conference matchup - we missed this in the AAC for so many years. Go Huskies!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Over 2+ decades as a MBB fan, I have always staunchly been on team "uconn shouldn't storm the court", even during my time attending games as a student myself.

But this is the exception to the rule.

Add it all up... when you have students who dealt with COVID for 2 years, no fans at games, and a fanbase starved for program relevancy... add in the atmosphere and emotion of a back and forth classic game vs an old foe... combined with the late comeback and statement W reaffirming that UConn is BACK AS A FORCE IN THE BE and on the national stage...
Let the kids storm.

Reaction Score
The football team was going nowhere but beat Houston and fans took to the field. It is college sports which is supposed to have a lot of enthusiasm. It's not like there was a crowd of oldsters pushing walkers out onto the court. It was the students who were being students. Good for them for caring enough to need extra buses to go to Hartford and being psyched when we won.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If you’re not a student, you don’t get a say in a court storming. Not your department.

That is entirely the domain of student section.
Truth

Reaction Score
If you’re not a student, you don’t get a say in a court storming. Not your department.

That is entirely the domain of student section.
Definitely respect that take

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
The people pouting about the kids storming the court were the same ones that left when we were down 4 with 20 to go…get off your high horse

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The football team was going nowhere but beat Houston and fans took to the field. It is college sports which is supposed to have a lot of enthusiasm. It's not like there was a crowd of oldsters pushing walkers out onto the court. It was the students who were being students. Good for them for caring enough to need extra buses to go to Hartford and being psyched when we won.
I was at that game…but in a nice warm indoor suite. I enjoyed watching it,

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This is big time college basketball. The students were celebrating an fantastic win over a worthy opponent.

Hell yes - storm the court!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
They’ve been in school during the worst time to be in college, they haven’t had a lot to cheer for sports wise, and it was a win against a top 10 team we haven’t beat in forever. Let them have fun

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How can anyone complain about student turnout at XL and then have the turnout. Then grab that win, and then don’t celebrate? Cmon!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom