Could UConn beat…. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Could UConn beat….

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Reminds me of when a college team goes undeafeted and and their fans ask if they can beat the worst NFL team. The answer is a resounding 'No!'.
Except that's not what this is at all. This would be the equivalent of asking if Georgia could beat the worst USFL team.

Reaction Score
They struggled to beat 'Nova during a down year at home in front of a frenzied crowd.

When this team is on, they can beat any college team in the country. Their depth is one of their main weapons, but against the athletes and experience they possess in the G league, they'd be in trouble.

Reaction Score
1672409598293.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The beauty of this thread is just when we thought it was safe to cast votes for most ridiculous takes for 2022, we get one which was not only thrown out there like cloud talk, but then doubles down with other college vs. minor pro league comparisons.

We could make a nice thread or list of hills posters have chosen to die on with their takes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mean the “Sanogo and Clingan have actually been on the floor together quite a bit this season” take from a few weeks ago is 100% the dumbest take of the year.

Clingan and Sanogo are on the floor together about 1/4 of the time. You have pregame warm-ups and the warm-ups before the second half. All the timeouts throughout the game they are on the floor together. I don't know if they've ever been in the game at the same time, but on the floor together? Sure, there's some math to back that up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Clingan and Sanogo are on the floor together about 1/4 of the time. You have pregame warm-ups and the warm-ups before the second half. All the timeouts throughout the game they are on the floor together. I don't know if they've ever been in the game at the same time, but on the floor together? Sure, there's some math to back that up.
Lol. Was going to post the same thing.

And yes they were in one game together for slightly more than two minutes.

Reaction Score
Nah. Not a chance. It would be like saying a bunch of college hockey players could beat The Russian National all star hockey team at their peak. Never happen. Or some skinny 20 year old golf caddie from Brookline walks on the course beats the best players in the world and wins the US Open. Fantasy stuff.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but how about Aaliyah Edwards vs. Adama Sanogo one-on-one?
Don't know if you are joking but there are people who may think like that. If Adama wanted to he could score 1,000 points before Edwards scored one. And I do get it that she is a very good women's basketball player.

Reaction Score
For fun, I looked up the worst G League team last year. It was the Cleveland Charge (Bouknight’s Greensboro Swarm was a close 3rd)

Out of players that played 40% (12+) games for them last year, their best players were:
  1. Kyle Guy - Final Four MOP in 2019
  2. Justin James - 22 PPG his senior year at Wyoming, 40th pick in 2019 NBA draft
  3. Malik Newman - 14ppg at Kansas including Big 12 Tournament MVP and scored 32 in the 2018 Final Four to beat Kansas and go to the championship
Guys that played for them but not 12+ games:
  1. Tacko Fall - 4 games, 23PPG, 12.5 RPG, 3.0 BPG before getting called up to play for the Cavaliers for 11 games (later waived)
  2. Kevin Pangos - only 1 game with the Charge but averaged 12.8PPG and 41.5% from three in four years at Gonzaga
  3. RJ Nembhard - 9 games, averaged 15.7PPG his senior year at TCU (18.6PPG in his 9 games in the G-League). Got re-signed to a two-way contract with the Cavaliers but according to Wikipedia, is now playing in Europe

Reaction Score
I don't know if UConn could even beat this team of Waffle House employees.

They must get some kind of close quarters training as part of orientation because they’re not to be ufcked with. The way that woman shrugged off that flying chair like it was nothing? Pure intimidation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom