Could UConn beat…. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Could UConn beat….

Reaction Score
From the 1940s to about 1980 there used to be an NFL vs college all-stars game. IIRC the college all stars won a few times but not for many years before they ended the series. This was 40+ years ago and the talent level between amateur and pro was much closer than it is today. Any pro sport vs college all- star team wouldn’t be competitive.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Washington Generals? Tried to find a current roster, but last one I found was from 2010 and had 4 guys from Robert Morris on it.

Btw, Globetrotters are in Bridgeport today.

Reaction Score
Don't know if you are joking but there are people who may think like that. If Adama wanted to he could score 1,000 points before Edwards scored one. And I do get it that she is a very good women's basketball player.
I have been discussing with some acquaintances of mine for the past several months about UConn women being able to beat a men’s college basketball team. I claim that as good as the women are, they could not beat a decent men’s high school team. I explained that even Geno says the men would win by 100. I have used the women’s national soccer team example. I have attacked it from every angle but they don’t seem to get the message. I have heard every rationale about how the women could hang with a men’s team. These are people that supposedly know basketball and I get arguments such as, “Well, Spud Webb was only 5’3”.”

Then again, the same acquaintances believe the earth is flat.

Reaction Score
I have been discussing with some acquaintances of mine for the past several months about UConn women being able to beat a men’s college basketball team. I claim that as good as the women are, they could not beat a decent men’s high school team. I explained that even Geno says the men would win by 100. I have used the women’s national soccer team example. I have attacked it from every angle but they don’t seem to get the message. I have heard every rationale about how the women could hang with a men’s team. These are people that supposedly know basketball and I get arguments such as, “Well, Spud Webb was only 5’3”.”

Honestly the women could not beat CTs best HS basketball team I have no doubt.

The WNBA teams would have trouble with solid Div2 and 3 teams I would imagine. But different world stuff.

Reaction Score

You need better acquaintances

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

If you have people arguing seriously about UConn women v UConn men you shouldn’t talk sports with them

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Most ridiculous thing is someone saying Spudd Webb is 5'3". Spud was a solid 5'7". Muggsy Bogues was the real runt of the litter at 5'3".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Honestly the women could not beat CTs best HS basketball team I have no doubt.

The WNBA teams would have trouble with solid Div2 and 3 teams I would imagine. But different world stuff.
Only chance they’d have is better coaching and more cohesive team play, or maybe that the boys would be distracted by Dorka. USWNT soccer team lost to a Boys HS team in Texas. People just aren’t realistic about this stuff.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Another thread I have no need to participate in.

I liked it better when people were so euphoric with our overwhelming victories the hot takes were about the fruit.

9 times out of ten when people sense an upcoming loss this is how they deal with it. Me I’m like that tough as nails Waffle House gal. Danger just slips by me. Today is the one time out of 20 that things go our way and we’ll be back talking about the fruit.

Flat earthers, people who think a women’s bb team can beat a men’s bb team I ignore. Same with people who need to respond to their positions.

I do talk to people who believe Elvis is still alive, or those who claim we never landed on the moon and that the best moon walk was done by Michael Jackson, or that aliens are on earth and control our thoughts as evidenced by the Boneyarders that compulsively create or add to the nonsense of these nonsense threads oblivious that this is done for said aliens entertainment.

Unlike the rest of you I am still able to avoid succumbing to that urge.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Triangle match.

UConn basketball vs. Lowland Gorilla vs. Grizzly Bear (Just regular grizzly, not cocaine grizzly).
Sounds like there's a rock/paper/scissors opportunity in there. Are there any mama bears involved?

I liked it better when people were so euphoric with our overwhelming victories the hot takes were about the fruit.

9 times out of ten when people sense an upcoming loss this is how they deal with it. Me I’m like that tough as nails Waffle House gal. Danger just slips by me. Today is the one time out of 20 that things go our way and we’ll be back talking about the fruit.

Flat earthers, people who think a women’s bb team can beat a men’s bb team I ignore. Same with people who need to respond to their positions.

I do talk to people who believe Elvis is still alive, or those who claim we never landed on the moon and that the best moon walk was done by Michael Jackson, or that aliens are on earth and control our thoughts as evidenced by the Boneyarders that compulsively create or add to the nonsense of these nonsense threads oblivious that this is done for said aliens entertainment.

I'm on to you.

I think I'll just go looking for some syllables to count in a Game Day haiku thread, rather than mess around with “9 times out of ten" mixed together in the same paragraph with "one time out of 20."

Some people here just don't know jackfruit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sounds like there's a rock/paper/scissors opportunity in there. Are there any mama bears involved?

I'm on to you.

I think I'll just go looking for some syllables to count in a Game Day haiku thread, rather than mess around with “9 times out of ten" mixed together in the same paragraph with "one time out of 20."

Some people here just don't know jackfruit.

Ask Conroy what happens when you get between a mama and her cub. Game. Set. Match.

1672502463939.png

Reaction Score
Most ridiculous thing is someone saying Spudd Webb is 5'3". Spud was a solid 5'7". Muggsy Bogues was the real runt of the litter at 5'3".
No, that was my mistake for writing that post in the middle of the night. They did say Muggsy Bogues was 5‘3“ and Spud Webb was 5‘6“ . However, using that for their rationale for a women’s basketball team being able to be competitive against a men’s team is quite incorrect.

Reaction Score
If you have people arguing seriously about UConn women v UConn men you shouldn’t talk sports with them
You cannot believe the number of people that I thought had some basic sports knowledge that believe this.

And, trust me I know this. However, just when I think I’m out they drag me back in.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No, but they could beat the dream season team if they played today

Reaction Score
Only chance they’d have is better coaching and more cohesive team play, or maybe that the boys would be distracted by Dorka. USWNT soccer team lost to a Boys HS team in Texas. People just aren’t realistic about this stuff.
I mentioned that soccer example in my first post. However, it was not EVEN a high school soccer team. It was an under 15 AAU type team.

And, you mean Nka and Azzi don’t you?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Could UConn beat a team of intelligent Bigfoots?

I think if we played 1 in and 4 out it would overcome the Yeti size advantage. And a pressing defense would really put their ball handling to the test. Also given their lack of speed, the Squatches would have trouble with three second violations when they have the ball. So, I'm thinking we would be solid 8-10 point favorites.

Reaction Score

And yet, this is probably the longest post on this thread. Staying out of dumb arguments is not as easy as it seems.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mentioned that soccer example in my first post. However, it was not EVEN a high school soccer team. It was an under 15 AAU type team.

And, you mean Nka and Azzi don’t you?
I mean Katie Lou in my case but pick your poison.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom