Could UConn beat…. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Could UConn beat….

Reaction Score
Worst NBA, absolutely not. But....
For fun, I looked up the worst G League team last year. It was the Cleveland Charge (Bouknight’s Greensboro Swarm was a close 3rd)

Out of players that played 40% (12+) games for them last year, their best players were:
  1. Kyle Guy - Final Four MOP in 2019
  2. Justin James - 22 PPG his senior year at Wyoming, 40th pick in 2019 NBA draft
  3. Malik Newman - 14ppg at Kansas including Big 12 Tournament MVP and scored 32 in the 2018 Final Four to beat Kansas and go to the championship
Guys that played for them but not 12+ games:
  1. Tacko Fall - 4 games, 23PPG, 12.5 RPG, 3.0 BPG before getting called up to play for the Cavaliers for 11 games (later waived)
  2. Kevin Pangos - only 1 game with the Charge but averaged 12.8PPG and 41.5% from three in four years at Gonzaga
  3. RJ Nembhard - 9 games, averaged 15.7PPG his senior year at TCU (18.6PPG in his 9 games in the G-League). Got re-signed to a two-way contract with the Cavaliers but according to Wikipedia, is now playing in Europe
..Uconn wouldn't get blown out by this team.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
All these pro v amateur questions are awful. At least cross sport them. Ex. Could UConn beat the Patriots at basketball if they picked their best 5 players. This at least could be a discussion.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They must get some kind of close quarters training as part of orientation because they’re not to be ufcked with. The way that woman shrugged off that flying chair like it was nothing? Pure intimidation.

She's kinda going viral in Memes and Gif's.

Reaction Score
All these pro v amateur questions are awful. At least cross sport them. Ex. Could UConn beat the Patriots at basketball if they picked their best 5 players. This at least could be a discussion.
I feel like UConn would win this by 50 or 60 points. Am I off base? I'd have to think a bunch of football players who spend every waking minute preparing for or playing football would be atrocious at basketball.

Reaction Score
1672419343822.gif

Reaction Score
I feel like UConn would win this by 50 or 60 points. Am I off base? I'd have to think a bunch of football players who spend every waking minute preparing for or playing football would be atrocious at basketball.
Maybe but you also have those bo Jackson types who just excel at everything. But even Michael Jordan himself proved excelling at two sports is really freaking hard, so I'd guess you are right. Probably every pro sports team has at least a few who did well at multiple sports in Hs and plays at least a second sport at least respectable.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

UConn basketball could beat the Patriot's at Football. Even vintage Tom Brady teams.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They must get some kind of close quarters training as part of orientation because they’re not to be ufcked with. The way that woman shrugged off that flying chair like it was nothing? Pure intimidation.

This how you Waffle House. Ignore and avoid the noise around you and eat your meal. When you are done, pay your bill and leave. Videotape all the commotion and safely view it from your vehicle after you leave.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Didn't pro teams use to ay charity basketball games or softball games as a way of supporting local charities?

I certainly think UConn would beat any pro football team at hoops.

Also, big fail of no one embedding video of Darius Butler and his dunks.

And no mention of Julius Peppers of UNC??

As of late it seems like too many of you put no effort in these threads.

Reaction Score
Clingan and Sanogo are on the floor together about 1/4 of the time. You have pregame warm-ups and the warm-ups before the second half. All the timeouts throughout the game they are on the floor together. I don't know if they've ever been in the game at the same time, but on the floor together? Sure, there's some math to back that up.
Don't forget practice

Reaction Score
Maybe maybe not but at least it could be entertained. The g league thing is just no. 0% chance.
I doubt you could find five guys who have played competitively after high school. They would get smoked.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I doubt you could find five guys who have played competitively after high school. They would get smoked.

The best 5 out of 50 man pro NFL players. We give UConn a game. You acting like the best 5 players don't know how to dribble...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn basketball could beat the Patriot's at Football. Even vintage Tom Brady teams.
Women's team, for sure, but @Chin Diesel already called for such takes to be on the other Board, and didn't even say please.

I don't know if UConn could even beat this team of Waffle House employees.

I liked the camera continually panning across the "Help wanted" flyer on the entrance door. Good recruitment video.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't know if you are joking but there are people who may think like that. If Adama wanted to he could score 1,000 points before Edwards scored one. And I do get it that she is a very good women's basketball player.
Straight-up stats, Sanogo only beats her with a slightly higher FT %, fewer turnovers and more steals per game.

Are you sure she's not better?

Reaction Score
One on one I’ll take Adama. How much? I’ll even give you 2 to one odds

Reaction Score
I said earlier that we could hang with Japanese pro teams, but I just tuned in for a game and noticed that Kofi Cockburn is playing for Niigata.

How did that end up happening? I didn't know he wasn't drafted to begin with, and would have thought there would be better options for him somewhere.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I said earlier that we could hang with Japanese pro teams, but I just tuned in for a game and noticed that Kofi Cockburn is playing for Niigata.

How did that end up happening? I didn't know he wasn't drafted to begin with, and would have thought there would be better options for him somewhere.
until u also tell us his salary, the 'better option' thought is meaningless.
one thing for sure, he ain't gettin shot in Japan. or hauled off to the pokey for wearing the wrong sox. that place and those folks are just wonderful. beats Germany, France, Turkey, Kazachstan, Greece, Israel, and almost anywhere else they give you cash to play ball.

Reaction Score
The best 5 out of 50 man pro NFL players. We give UConn a game. You acting like the best 5 players don't know how to dribble...
I think if someone on the NFL squad got real hot from behind the arc, they might be able to keep it within 60 or 70.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom