Conversation with Benedict | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Conversation with Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Without Jim Calhoun there would be no UConn Athletics on a hill to disrespect. It's easy to defend him against your baseless charges.

Again, no reading comprehension. You seem to be elevating yourself above him, as if stalking your old buddy's players for years makes it so you've done more than a UConn legend.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Truth hurts , huh?
And it's a fan he never met? Not really. Go back to the OP, page 1. The guy speaks truth. You'd rather some fancy fish cake scented smoke blown up your bung hole? Haven't we had enough of that? You ask him a question, he gives you a straight answer. I don't like the answer, but I admire him for being a straight shooter.

If you're comfortable with having an AD who thinks our greatest accomplishment as a football program was a fluke, I really don't know what to say.

Personally, even if that's what he thinks, I'd prefer it if he'd just shut up and not share that negativity with UCONN fans while he's serving as the face of our athletics program. Call me crazy.

Straight answers are OK with me. Pure stupidity and a total lack of judgment are not OK.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Whitmer and Cochran never played for BD. And It's never been reported that BS played with a concussion. Messed up ribs yes, but he sat out after concussions.

uhhhhhh what? please refer to my avatar for my feelings on this post.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think you meant Benedict, but I cannot like your post enough. A prospective coach that's worried about what's going to happen to him if he miserably fails into his third season isn't worth worrying about. Winners don't contemplate what's going to happen if they fail because in their minds they're not going to fail, so that eventuality isn't any bit of concern for them. If a prospective coach expresses any concern about the commitment of the administration to them, based on prior experiences with PP and BD, I'd send them packing if I were the UCONN AD.

Yep, meant Benedict.

Reaction Score
I would think the normal reaction of an athletic director who likes his football coach is to pick up the phone when the local newspapers come calling and outline the reasons he believes in Diaco.

The fact that he is hiding from the JI is more telling what he said to Jarhead.

Reaction Score
I would think the normal reaction of an athletic director who likes his football coach is to pick up the phone when the local newspapers come calling and outline the reasons he believes in Diaco.

The fact that he is hiding from the JI is more telling what he said to Jarhead.
That's where my skepticism of Jarhead's story comes from. Not that I think Jarhead is lying about it, but that something doesn't add up. He's turning down media requests from the JI, from blogs, etc. seeking comment on Diaco but a random fan who walks up to him at a basketball game he's spilling the beans completely and telling him that our Fiesta Bowl was a fluke? Something about that doesn't pass the smell test - again, not that Jarhead is lying as he has no reason to and no track record of doing so - but that either the media rejections are fake, DB is blowing smoke at Jarhead, or DB is an abject fool and disclosing all of this info to a random fan while keeping it from media outlets. Very, very puzzling.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's such a strange comment to say that UConn backed in to the Fiesta Bowl.​

Normally that term is used for teams that lose when they control their own destiny but still win something or make playoffs.

UConn won their last five. They didn't back into anything.

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed something. Did we announce the OC was fired or that we were in search of an OC? Verducci was demoted weeks ago and Corley became interim. Didn't we need a new OC regardless?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's such a strange comment to say that UConn backed in to the Fiesta Bowl.​

Normally that term is used for teams that lose when they control their own destiny but still win something or make playoffs.

UConn won their last five. They didn't back into anything.

Its just a stupid comment. AD should be a salesman for the university. I am not looking for him to BS me, but I don't think its too much to ask that he doesn't downplay the team's success. He wasn't here...I doubt he understands the circumstances...and yet his comment is to degrade the event? Makes no sense....bad judgement on his part.

And..he had to know there was a risk that his comments would be posted on a message board.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed something. Did we announce the OC was fired or that we were in search of an OC? Verducci was demoted weeks ago and Corley became interim. Didn't we need a new OC regardless?

I made that comment also...what exactly is this announcement? We already knew the OC was removed..and that Corley was temporary. So...far as I can tell they just announced that FV had a new role and they are looking for an OC. Not exactly earth shattering news...or anything to make you feel that positive change is coming.

C

Chief00

Again, no reading comprehension. You seem to be elevating yourself above him, as if stalking your old buddy's players for years makes it so you've done more than a UConn legend.

You need to live in reality - how have I stalked anybody? Because I happen to be friends with some former players? My friendships with former players are no different than my friendships with other friends. You're insane.

Reaction Score
I made that comment also...what exactly is this announcement? We already knew the OC was removed..and that Corley was temporary. So...far as I can tell they just announced that FV had a new role and they are looking for an OC. Not exactly earth shattering news...or anything to make you feel that positive change is coming.

on the flip side, for those praying for change but thought the OC announcement sealed the deal on big boy bob, well maybe a slimmer of hope

Reaction Score
Its just a stupid comment. AD should be a salesman for the university. I am not looking for him to BS me, but I don't think its too much to ask that he doesn't downplay the team's success. He wasn't here...I doubt he understands the circumstances...and yet his comment is to degrade the event? Makes no sense....bad judgement on his part.

And..he had to know there was a risk that his comments would be posted on a message board.
Maybe Benedict and Diaco are in a race to see who can get bought out first.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You need to live in reality - how have I stalked anybody? Because I happen to be friends with some former players? My friendships with former players are no different than my friendships with other friends. You're insane.

...except your friends get you real b1tches. :)

Reaction Score
So I'm trying to make sense of what Benedict said to me with today's events. I suppose he had to maintain the public charade until it was official. Blowing smoke at me was the politically correct move to make. Honestly I think about if he had done anything different, say give an indication that we were evaluating everything thing would have been a dead giveaway. So Mea Culpa that I had "bad", albeit still truthful information as it was relayed from Benedict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom