Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
Actually, that's exactly what the Mormon church did. You choose the article you want to read from the publication you trust the most. Other religions aren't free of scrutiny on this issue but the Mormon church, and by extension BYU in my opinion, did exactly what you suggested they didn't.
Google
I'm gonna agree to disagree and move on.

Reaction Score
BYU does accept federal money. They're now under investigation for non compliance with federal Title IX law regarding the April rape reporting incident. 260 other schools are also under investigation, so it's not like it's a really big deal. They all end up deciding to change their policies and procedures in line with whatever the feds recommend. They won' t risk losing the federal funding on principle, if it comes down to that.

Whether all the negative press will derail their B12 candidacy remains to be seen, but if the networks really want them they'll be in. Who's got enough corresponding value to replace them? Only us, but that presupposes we are already on the outside looking in, which is possible but unlikely.

Actually it really is a big deal and needs to be addressed across all college campuses.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I love @huskymedic as much as the next guy, but I don't think this really qualifies as a Platinum Top-Shelf Tweet. It's not news at all.

I didn't want to be the guy that said it, but yeah. Always get excited to see that thread have a new post, but that was a let down haha.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to be the guy that said it, but yeah. Always get excited to see that thread have a new post, but that was a let down haha.
Shall this be referred to the SHAMING thread?
FidZknJ.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bah, the man's doing his job. If it was another schools AD, we'd leave it up there.

Reaction Score
I love @huskymedic as much as the next guy, but I don't think this really qualifies as a Platinum Top-Shelf Tweet. It's not news at all.

100% agree it's not news for us... That was placed there for the many lurkers (and for those who do not have Twitter). My apologies for the false woody.

Reaction Score
Quick question. Why doesn't Notre Dame want to join the ACC? Is it really just history of being independent and their deal with NBC?

Reaction Score
Quick question. Why doesn't Notre Dame want to join the ACC? Is it really just history of being independent and their deal with NBC?

The legend has it that should Notre Dame leave independent status that Touchdown Jesus will step from the side of the building and flatten the golden dome.

Reaction Score
I always crack up when people bring up the fact that if Notre Dame joins the ACC we're in as No. 16 for sure, like it's supposed to make people feel better.

"Guys, all we need is for something to happen that has never happened in over 100 years of history and for them to give up a lucrative TV deal in the process! It's a sure thing!"

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It's clear Susan and co. have been doing everything the past few years to put UConn in the best position possible when expansion came back on the table...regardless of which conference is looking to expand. But it's always good to hear confirmation of this.

I'm also proud that UConn is doing this behind closed doors. It's utterly embarrassing watching the other AAC schools publicly beg for an invite while they're still being paid by another conference.

How is it clear we are doing all possible? C'mon. AND Wharton is full of beans too spewing stuff anyone can write based on what's out there. How is what they are doing now (Suzy and Benedict) which is what, tight lipped, and what Suzy and Warde did when Louisville ate our lunch? (Again tight lipped do nothing ). Saying we are doing things behind closed doors and stating all these muckety mucks are advocating, and no evidence or leaks?
Hope so, but highly suspect.

Reaction Score
How is it clear we are doing all possible? C'mon. AND Wharton is full of beans too spewing stuff anyone can write based on what's out there. How is what they are doing now (Suzy and Benedict) which is what, tight lipped, and what Suzy and Warde did when Louisville ate our lunch? (Again tight lipped do nothing ). Saying we are doing things behind closed doors and stating all these muckety mucks are advocating, and no evidence or leaks?

There have been a couple of leaks. Someone posted that the Big 12 honchos visited the campus last week. And someone posted that W was advocating for us. Who knew that former Gov. Weicker would be advocating for us? ;)

Alum86

Reaction Score
Weicker? Or W meaning Bush?
I saw that posting previous and was confused. Weicker the arrogant windbag cannot have any sway over anyone.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What... Unless you are in the room you aren't going to believe that they are doing their job? You probably wouldn't believe the sun will come up tomorrow without seeing it yourself. Be more of a miserable fan, you can't.

Alum86

Reaction Score
You're a homer Mike. I understand.
I am a grad and a fan longer than you and am I entitled to my opinion.
All unicorns and ponies and putting your trust in Suzy and formerly Warde. Stop

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're a homer Mike. I understand.
I am a grad and a fan longer than you and am I entitled to my opinion.
All unicorns and ponies and putting your trust in Suzy and formerly Warde. Stop

Mommy never told you that patience is a virtue, huh?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thought Gundy had a good take.

The line about the league being clueless was pretty funny too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom