Cobb Suspended | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cobb Suspended

Reaction Score
Pretty disappointing that Cobb, who has been given a golden opportunity to make something of himself, both in basketball and school, has seemingly thrown it away again.

Frank Martin didn't want him back and that should have been a clue to UConn, but the kid may be a con artist who was able to convince Ollie that he has seen the light. Either way, he didn't seem to be able to harness what appeared to be good athletic ability and make a meaningful contribution to a team that desperately needs his physical makeup.

C

Chief00

If Anderson is going to be allowed to go 0-5 on threes I'm fine with letting Cobb take two per game. He has a nicer stroke

Based on what I know, I have no issue with KO suspending Cobb. Getting away from conduct for a minute, I wish KO was more consistent how he handled guys playing time /tolerance of mistakes.

Reaction Score
Pretty disappointing that Cobb, who has been given a golden opportunity to make something of himself, both in basketball and school, has seemingly thrown it away again.

Frank Martin didn't want him back and that should have been a clue to UConn, but the kid may be a con artist who was able to convince Ollie that he has seen the light. Either way, he didn't seem to be able to harness what appeared to be good athletic ability and make a meaningful contribution to a team that desperately needs his physical makeup.
do we blame cobb or do we blame the coach who has soured more than half a dozen players and lost 4 players this offseason?

Reaction Score
Based on what I know, I have no issue with KO suspending Cobb. Getting away from conduct for a minute, I wish KO was more consistent how he handled guys playing time /tolerance of mistakes.
all i've heard is that his playing favorites has hurt us before. he tries to create competition but instead picks winners and losers seemingly at random

Reaction Score
When he got injured the writing was on the wall.... wasn’t the same guy after that

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
F9A7BF2F-8266-41FC-B65C-4D7331788FA4.gif

C

Chief00

To be fair, a lot of the stories are hard to believe based upon KO’s image as a religious and standup guy(contrived or not). Not saying some of the stories aren’t true, but it is tough to reconcile with how he presents.

I think the reasons he has lost players has nothing to do directly with the off court issues some may be thinking of. Up until recently , at least, I don’t believe the players were aware. However, those rumors may poison recruiting in certain situations. Not so much with the player but with the single parent Mom when negative recruiting is used.

Reaction Score
Calhoun loved his Father Flanagan role.

Doesn’t always work. A great story on Caron Butler ... begat Nate Miles.

Reaction Score
all i've heard is that his playing favorites has hurt us before. he tries to create competition but instead picks winners and losers seemingly at random

Kind of like the inconsistency in the rotation of players. Hard to understand why some play and others don’t at times.

Reaction Score
kinda funny that he told Ollie to fuq himself
Again, I wished we had a good Big’s Coach. Cobb is exactly the type ClydeV would straighten out.

Well since Cobb is such a hot commodity I am sure he will find many suitors. His offer list was endless on the transfer market. The kid just has "it" ya know?

The key now is for him to attend classes and really hit those books hard. My guess is that UConn degree is something he will cherish for a lifetime. Kids like this have endless opportunity. Should be exciting to follow his future. Definitely a smart guy this Eric Cobb.

Reaction Score
Maybe Kevin needs to look in the mirror and see why he keeps getting into it with players in the locker room

Uh-huh. And Cobb was the only guy out there freelancing it. And, he is also the guy who was suspended multiple times at South Carolina! This is like Curtis Kelly without the talent. Suspended under Calhoun, suspended under Frank Martin. It's actually Kelly in reverse, when you think about it.

Reaction Score
I think the reasons he has lost players has nothing to do directly with the off court issues some may be thinking of. Up until recently , at least, I don’t believe the players were aware. However, those rumors may poison recruiting in certain situations. Not so much with the player but with the single parent Mom when negative recruiting is used.
in regards to what you're talking about, I think it can definitely effect players just because it shows that his whole act is a facade. once the mask is off it becomes a lot easier to see through BS.

Reaction Score
Uh-huh. And Cobb was the only guy out there freelancing it. And, he is also the guy who was suspended multiple times at South Carolina! This is like Curtis Kelly without the talent. Suspended under Calhoun, suspended under Frank Martin. It's actually Kelly in reverse, when you think about it.
maybe Cobb deserved it. I don't know. But it wouldn't be the first time Ollie and a player got into a confrontation that completely soured the relationship.

Reaction Score
The staff knew that Cobb had a history of issues off the court. Thats probably a big reason a lot of other schools stood clear of him. At the time, many of us thought this was a good signing. We dont have any facts yet, but this doesnt look like it will end well.

By the way, when was the last time there was good news from UConn athletics outside of the womens basketball program?

How about baseball and women’s field hockey.

Reaction Score

Gee, I wonder where he picked that up from?

Reaction Score
maybe Cobb deserved it. I don't know. But it wouldn't be the first time Ollie and a player got into a confrontation that completely soured the relationship.

Cobb on the court is all you needed to see. If anything, Ollie was too nice to him.

It's also not the first time we've seen players pop off at UConn, and not only to Ollie. It happened to JC as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom