Coaching staff hasn't a clue | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Coaching staff hasn't a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Haven't been on this thread in a few days, can't believe the high comedy from all the Blind Faithers (BF'ers). "He has a plan" "He's just executing his plan" "This is all part of his plan" Blah, blah, blah. PT Barnum had a famous expression about all you BF'ers.

I have a simple question for all the BF'ers: what sign has he given you that he has a plan? Is it the wonderful substituion patterns? Is it the way he's run off many on the roster? Is it the way he's failed to gameplan against most opponents? Is it the way he has failed to have his team, our team, ready to play many games? Is it the way he has not even ALLOWED his team to play certain games? I know, I know, it's the way all the players now wear their shirt sleeves and socks in symetrical fashion!

Please, please, please tell us your not just swallowing the Kool Aid that he passed out on the rubber chicker circuit last year when he was hired. Give the rest of us some specifics so we too can join the Church of Diaco and shout out glorious Hallelujahs. Because right now all we see when we enter that church is a sign that says "Abandon hope all ye that enter here".

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Haven't been on this thread in a few days, can't believe the high comedy from all the Blind Faithers (BF'ers). "He has a plan" "He's just executing his plan" "This is all part of his plan" Blah, blah, blah. PT Barnum had a famous expression about all you BF'ers.

I have a simple question for all the BF'ers: what sign has he given you that he has a plan? Is it the wonderful substituion patterns? Is it the way he's run off many on the roster? Is it the way he's failed to gameplan against most opponents? Is it the way he has failed to have his team, our team, ready to play many games? Is it the way he has not even ALLOWED his team to play certain games? I know, I know, it's the way all the players now wear their shirt sleeves and socks in symetrical fashion!

Please, please, please tell us your not just swallowing the Kool Aid that he passed out on the rubber chicker circuit last year when he was hired. Give the rest of us some specifics so we too can join the Church of Diaco and shout out glorious Hallelujahs. Because right now all we see when we enter that church is a sign that says "Abandon hope all ye that enter here".

Memphis went 3-9 & 1-7 in the AAC last year - we win this week and we had a better season than that.

They had a plan.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
Memphis went 3-9 & 1-7 in the AAC last year - we win this week and we had a better season than that.

They had a plan.

So what you are saying is you have no idea what Diaco's plan is, you've seen no sign of it, but if he wins 8-9 games next year it's obvious that he DID have a plan. Wow. The Pope just called, he thinks you go to church too much.

Reaction Score
So what you are saying is you have no idea what Diaco's plan is, you've seen no sign of it, but if he wins 8-9 games next year it's obvious that he DID have a plan. Wow. The Pope just called, he thinks you go to church too much.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what we are saying. He has a plan, and we will see if it works. So far it doesn't appear to be working, but it is silly to think that he doesn't have a very detailed plan of action.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, that's exactly what we are saying. He has a plan, and we will see if it works. So far it doesn't appear to be working, but it is silly to think that he doesn't have a very detailed plan of action.

Are we silly because we have seen NO SIGN of a plan, or are you silly because you have seen NO SIGN of a plan yet think there is a plan?

Reaction Score

If his strategy is anything like his gameplans then god help us.

Reaction Score
Here's my understanding of the plan:

1. Rebuild the players' psyches - they've been beaten down by the previous regime - one love
2. Rebuild their bodies - vitamins and strength conditioning
3. Run off the naysayers or those who don't love the game - the energy vampires
4. Give playing time to the youngsters now to pay dividends down the road
5. Build for the long term which means sacrificing wins now
6. Recruit size, speed and coachability

Unfortunately this hasn't paid off in wins this year and has led to a bunch of WTF losses. Problem is that four years of this mess, albeit only one year with him, means our fan base is cutting him very little slack.

He most definitely has a plan. We'll see if it pays off in the future

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
A. Build a solid foundation
1. Rebuild the players' psyches - they've been beaten down by the previous regime - one love
3. Run off the naysayers - the energy vampires
4. Give playing time to the youngsters now

1. Gobbly nonsense.
2. Funny how all those guys made the NFL without taking ther vitamins
3. Even worse gobbly
4. And Chandler Whitmer keeps starting

Next.

Reaction Score
1. Gobbly nonsense.
3. Even worse gobbly

Next.
First of all...what would be your plan.
Second of all - go duck yourself

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
1. Gobbly nonsense.
3. Even worse gobbly

Next.

Troll harder

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is it the way he's run off many on the roster?

This is part of the plan, yes.

By the way. This is a great country in that, even if you went to the school, no one is forcing you to be a UConn fan. The door out is the white "X" on the red background in the upper right hand corner.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
First of all...what would be your plan.
Second of all - go yourself

Well now you edited your post and actually added some real points, congrats. Well, actually only one real point with the recruiting strategy, your 5th point is the same as your 4th, and I once again have to point out how Whitmer keeps getting most of the playing time.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
And here comes the vitriol and posts calling me a troll. Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a troll. I happen to think Diaco does not have a clue and I have been clear about this. Am I allowed to have an opinion? I, and many others, have given evidence of this. You BF'ers have given no evidence to the contrary because you have none, so you resort to name-calling. Congrats.

Reaction Score

3. Run off the naysayers or those who don't love the game - the energy vampires
4. Give playing time to the youngsters now to pay dividends down the road
5. Build for the long term which means sacrificing wins now
6. Recruit size, speed and coachability

Unfortunately this hasn't paid off in wins this year and has led to a bunch of WTF losses. Problem is that four years of this mess, albeit only one year with him, means our fan base is cutting him very little slack.

He most definitely has a plan. We'll see if it pays off in the future

Agreed.

I recall musings/whisperings of players being unable to feel secure enough to leave belongings unattended in the football facility, for fear of them being lifted. There was a culture of entitlement, disrespect, dishonesty, and straight up loserism, that was rotten. You have to realize and acknowledge, that if it was in the players, that it was in the staff too, all the way through the organization to the food workers, custodians, etc. If there is one roach, there are more. I recall some schmuck around here writing about how a WR preferred one QB over another, and had some idiotic comments. Back in my day, that kind of thing would have you out behind the shed by the seniors on a team.

For me personally, I don't think it takes a full year to clean that sh----t out of an organization, whether it be a football team, or a business of any sort that involves anywhere from 100 - 200 people or so, but I don't get paid millions to be in that position that Diaco has.

And for all of the plan, I still think I'll need to be restrained from putting him in figure four about this 3-QB rotation thing, if he can't settle on a starting lineup for the offense by the time we line up against old Andy Talley's squad in 10 months.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
This is part of the plan, yes.

By the way. This is a great country in that, even if you went to the school, no one is forcing you to be a UConn fan. The door out is the white "X" on the red background in the upper right hand corner.

So you believe that running off kids was part of the plan. I happen to agree with you. I think Diaco is pompous enough, despite having no experience ever being a head coach, to do this. However, if you are going to do this don't you lose all right to complain about only having 65 scholarship players etc? It's his decision, his fault he only has so few players, own it!!

Reaction Score
2. Funny how all those guys made the NFL without taking there vitamins

Now it is clear you don't know anything about the actual players. When guys like Sio / Blidi /Gratz were here, it was a badge of honor to be workout freaks. So some of that remained after Edsall left even though P didn't focus on it. The foundation for those guys to make the league was set in stone before P showed up.

In 2014 2 guys got drafted, including Smallwood, who was a workout bust and can't stick on a team. Sorry for the inconvenient facts.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
Carl, you didn't hear musings/whispers, you heard Diaco proclaim that loudly. Who knows if it's even true? Based on other things this guy says I wonder.

Reaction Score
Carl, you didn't hear musings/whispers, you heard Diaco proclaim that loudly. Who knows if it's even true? Based on other things this guy says I wonder.

Not talking to you dude.

We are right where we are right now. 2-9, and if we don't have the sack to finish 3-9 in this game tomorrow, then well - there is no disputing we are worse than we were last year. Until then, we can only look at results and expectations, and I expect that the time and effort that was put into cleaning this program up this year away from the field, translate to improvement on the field next year.

Reaction Score
Are we silly because we have seen NO SIGN of a plan, or are you silly because you have seen NO SIGN of a plan yet think there is a plan?

We haven't seen RESULTS. You are conflating plans and results because you don't like what you see. *I* am not suggesting the plan is working, I'm just saying that the absence of positive results doesn't mean that there isn't a plan.

How can you listen to a guy talk about 100/200/300/400 level execution on defense, all of the technique issues he talks about on the OL, etc, and think that there isn't a plan?

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
Now it is clear you don't know anything about the actual players. When guys like Sio / Blidi /Gratz were here, it was a badge of honor to be workout freaks. So some of that remained after Edsall left even though P didn't focus on it. The foundation for those guys to make the league was set in stone before P showed up.

In 2014 2 guys got drafted, including Smallwood, who was a workout bust and can't stick on a team. Sorry for the inconvenient facts.

So you are saying that guys were workout warriors and lifted heavily under Edsall, enough so that even though they stopped after he left the effects lasted for a couple more years? C'mon, that's ridiculous. I know most of us agree PP was a bad coach but....

Reaction Score
And here comes the vitriol and posts calling me a troll. Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a troll. I happen to think Diaco does not have a clue and I have been clear about this. Am I allowed to have an opinion? I, and many others, have given evidence of this. You BF'ers have given no evidence to the contrary because you have none, so you resort to name-calling. Congrats.
Seriously. How would your plan differ from his?

Reaction Score
So you are saying that guys were workout warriors and lifted heavily under Edsall, enough so that even though they stopped after he left the effects lasted for a couple more years? C'mon, that's ridiculous. I know most of us agree PP was a bad coach but....

No - those guys didn't stop, because they had already built the habits. The young guys never developed the habits. When P showed up the 2013 draft class was generally 4th year players. But sure, believe that they stopped going to the weight room if that makes you feel better.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
We haven't seen RESULTS. You are conflating plans and results because you don't like what you see. *I* am not suggesting the plan is working, I'm just saying that the absence of positive results doesn't mean that there isn't a plan.

How can you listen to a guy talk about 100/200/300/400 level execution on defense, all of the technique issues he talks about on the OL, etc, and think that there isn't a plan?

The wins and losses are besides the point. I saw no progress or signs of a plan against Stony Brook, a win. I saw improvement and signs against ECU, a loss. Unfortunately I have seen no signs of anything in too many other games.

As far as listening to him talk: I can ignore it easily, because it sounds like he read it in a coaching manual or took good notes at a coaching clinic. And I've heard him say too many ridiculous things that cement this opinion.

Reaction Score
I happen to think Diaco does not have a clue and I have been clear about this. Am I allowed to have an opinion?

Bored this morning?? You have your opinion, have been very clear about it and you can feel free to express it. Just how many times are you going to say the exact same stuff before it gets nauseating?

For the uninformed amongst us can you provide the names of the "many on the roster" that this staff has run off in the year they have been here?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Well now you edited your post and actually added some real points, congrats. Well, actually only one real point with the recruiting strategy, your 5th point is the same as your 4th, and I once again have to point out how Whitmer keeps getting most of the playing time.

Whitmer barely saw the field the last two games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom