Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I'm Weist I'm telling WM that I'm not d!cking around and becoming 32nd fiddle to every coach out there that may be available.

And then wake up from the dream.

Dude must feel like though knowing he's the fall back boy.

Fallbacks are often hired. Most people are fallbacks. It's often the second/third best candidate that lands the job.

Reaction Score
Why are we not seeing any other so called sports outlets retweeting or passing on this news?

Schlabach referenced it already. Something like: "Saban needs to take the UConn job to prove Spurrier wrong".

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am not a betting man (no offense intended Whaler) but if A) Warde legitimately believed that Narduzzi was the best candidate and offered him the position and B) Narduzzi sincerely wanted the job there is no way in hell assistant coaches salaries would be the deal breaker.

I would bet my house on that.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
clearly you guys have never done anything that required buy in from the public.

What public? The boneyard and the MSU message boards?

I doubt the average college football fan or UCONN season ticket holder will even remember this at the start of next season.

Reaction Score
UConn is among the NCAA leaders in paying its top coaches.

If the leaks are coming from UConn, than it is probably more likely they want to manage the message with regards to not coming to terms.

It's a weird out. Basically admitting a shortcoming. They could have said it was due to disagreements over a buyout.

It's not the end of the world.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
An aside to my above post.

I still believe that Herman fits more into the image of that WM looks for than Narduzzi does. It wouldn't surprise me if WM wants to complete the process before making offers while Narduzzi expected an offer immediately following his interview.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So let me make sure I have this straight. In the eyes of the masses of UConn fans, Narduzzi went from savior of our program to an arrogant who we can do better than in a matter of 1 hour....based on one person's twitter comment.

Just want to make sure I have that right! :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, Jacobs with some exceptional work. He must have told his editor, "Oh, my story today? I'm just going to read The-Boneyard all day and give our readers a synopsis."

#EveryoneKnowsJacobsBlows
Hey when something works you stick with it!

Reaction Score
I am not a betting man (no offense intended Whaler) but if A) Warde legitimately believed that Narduzzi was the best candidate and offered him the position and B) Narduzzi sincerely wanted the job there is no way in hell assistant coaches salaries would be the deal breaker.

Agreed. He would just make a counter offer.

I wouldn't bet the house on it, but I think Narduzzi wants to wait and play the field and Warde does not.

Reaction Score
One of the highest profile jobs in the country? If you say so.

Reaction Score
Last season Tennessee went through like 3-4 different courtships with high profile coaches before settling on Butch Jones, who they ended up overpaying for in my opinion.

It happens.

Reaction Score
So let me make sure I have this straight. In the eyes of the masses of UConn fans, Narduzzi went from savior of our program to an arrogant who we can do better than in a matter of 1 hour....based on one person's twitter comment.

Just want to make sure I have that right! :)

He was never my top candidate, so I'm not sure about savior of the program . . .

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Agreed. He would just make a counter offer.

I wouldn't bet the house on it, but I think Narduzzi wants to wait and play the field and Warde does not.

This is the likely scenario. Hope Narduzzi doesn't regret the decision. The history of high level co-oridinators overplaying their hands is long. Tom Bradley 10 years ago. Bud Foster 5 years ago. Narduzzi now?

Reaction Score
If PN "impressed UConn" with his interview, he must have put together a strong enough pitch to prove he wants to be here, no?

After further review, I don't think the issue was assistant pay. In 2011, UConn's assistant coaches made as much as Michigan State's assistant coaches, so I don't think there was an excessively low ball offer for assistants. Good excuse to walk on a job offer.

I'll bet that he did express a lot of interest..and maybe even wanted to be here, but after discussing it with his mentor, Dantonio, and others,he decided to wait to for "a better offer". By suggesting it was over assistants pay, he's kept his reputation in tact...maybe even further raised it! He's now viewed as someone who would have taken it...except that he just couldn't let his assistants "be taken advantage of". If there are no more negotiations, which seems to be very likely at this point, then this was just his strategic way of exiting professionally, while still keeping his name attractive for a more "dreamy" HC opportunity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gone are the days a college coach brings a program to national prominence and stays for 15+ years. Such a shame. There's coaching musical chairs it seems way too often.
I don't know about that UConn has shown the ability to keep it 'star' coaches.' If it can be done, we maybe the ones to do it.

Reaction Score
Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch2m
http://CoachingSearch.com has learned that Ball State OC Rich Strosky has accepted the head coaching job at Elon. Details coming...

Even if we get Lembo, he won't be bringing his OC with him...

Reaction Score
This doesn't make sense on a few levels.

1) The difference being over assistants salary.
2) UConn leaking the assistant salary dispute.
3) UConn leaking that he declined.
I agree that it makes no sense. this is really a perfect opportunity for the more generic "Coach X has taken his name out of consideration for the UConn job."

Reaction Score
I'm happy enough. I would prefer a proven winner like Lembo. I still remember what the 'defensive genius' Arnsparger did to the NY Giants as head coach. Calhoun was a proven winner before he came to UCONN.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
I agree that it makes no sense. this is really a perfect opportunity for the more generic "Coach X has taken his name out of consideration for the UConn job."

Unless it is so that Warde can cover his image can tell Herbst and the fans : "Hey, I tried, it was out of my control" instead of just being left at the alter by PN just saying no.

Reaction Score

Agreed, that's why I said what I did earlier that if Narduzzi actually wanted it, he would have accepted yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom