Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Lembo might have declined Wake's low-ball offer.

Wasn't there an issue with asst. coaches pay with the Hathaway search?

I was just about to say this is Mark Whipple all over again, except more money involved.

Reaction Score
The report cannot be completely true, based on what we already know.

If we already know that PP was making 1.7 million, and if it is true that we made Narduzzi an "aggressive" offer (which by definition would have to be much more than we paid our recently fired coach), then he would have been making more than D'Antonio. So either the report is not completely true, or the story about the assistants' salaries isn't true. One or the other...

What is the first stage in coping with death?

1) Denial

Time to feel the pain Dan and get through it. :confused:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A 47 year old lifetime coordinator who wasn't even at a prestige program just turned us down. Awesome.

I don't hate Lembo, but I would just as soon keep Weist unlike there is another candidate that we have not heard about.

Reaction Score
Rumrunner said:
football scoop makes it sound like the leaks are coming from UCONN.

I agree and would think that UCONN would want this quiet as can be.

Reaction Score
After further review, I don't think the issue was assistant pay. In 2011, UConn's assistant coaches made as much as Michigan State's assistant coaches, so I don't think there was an excessively low ball offer for assistants. Good excuse to walk on a job offer.

Reaction Score
There really is no way to know whether Narduzzi is better than Herman or Diaco. Might as well kick the tires on those guys before hiring Weist.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What is the first stage in coping with death?

1) Denial

Time to feel the pain Dan and get through it. :confused:

Feel what pain?

What I'm saying is that either he didn't turn us down due to money, or the offer wasn't "aggressive". Either one or the other. Could he be posturing for a large bid at another school? Could he be trying to elicit a counter-offer? I have no idea. But this wasn't about the pay for assistants.

As for pain, I'm with many others who have already commented; if he turned us down, move on to the next one...

Reaction Score
so how many failures does Warde get before we say goodbye? this is the problem he created for himself by not making any effort to change the direction of the conversation. Now the new coach will be the "2nd choice" rather than "the guy we really wanted all along."

Reaction Score
My sources tell me that cold weather sideline attire is a big part of this process and candidates being interviewed found to come wimpy will not be considered.

#sleeveless.

Reaction Score
If PN "impressed UConn" with his interview, he must have put together a strong enough pitch to prove he wants to be here, no?

Reaction Score
upstater said:
There really is no way to know whether Narduzzi is better than Herman or Diaco. Might as well kick the tires on those guys before hiring Weist.

I think we should go through everyone, whose HC abilities are just as unknown as TJs, before offering TJ the job. I'm sure he will be more than willing to do what is needed after having been option number 33.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If Nards is out, we announce Lembo tomororw.
But Warde bumped up all Pasqualoni's assistants, no? That's what we were told.
This was true.

Reaction Score
Also - wouldn't "never accept the first offer" hold true in this case too?

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm over it. But I never got my hopes to high. This is sooooooo something that would happen to UCONN. We got our man, we like him, he seems to like us, comes for an interview, is regarded as the best coordinator in the country available, and we offer, and at the last minute just as everything is coming together, we can't close the deal................Next......I'm sure PN counter offered on the spot and was turned down. Who knows what those salaries are, everyone is speculating until they hear otherwise. I don't know the budget but I was confident when WM said that money wouldn't be an issue if he went after his guy. O well. I can settle for some other names, just wanted the impact nationally recognized guy.

Reaction Score
In sales there's a phrase that goes like this..."So are you saying this is about the price and if we can find you the right price you'll take it today?" If the answer is yes then you find the price point and get it done.

Even if it was 1 million, you get on the phone to Burton and then get it done. It's not about the money. If he said it was, he was using it for an out.

Reaction Score
so how many failures does Warde get before we say goodbye? this is the problem he created for himself by not making any effort to change the direction of the conversation. Now the new coach will be the "2nd choice" rather than "the guy we really wanted all along."
This is the internet age. What the hell was he supposed to do? The second everyone knew we were interested in interviewing Narduzzi they knew who our first choice was.

Reaction Score
I still feel if Warde wants him, he will find a way to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom