Christian Vital | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Now we wait and see if he heads to the ville for a visit.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Now we wait and see if he heads to the ville for a visit.
That's hilltop apartments. He's not off campus yet. Looks like he's had a great time. Luckily he has a lot of friends here already.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
What does this really mean?

Let me ask you something, would this recruit have anything do with getting Makai next year?
That will be up to KO to deal with if an issue. MAL is sounding really good....KO will hopefully help him to feel wanted, but JA and AG are ahead of him. If that is the choice he will face, I don't know if Vital would be a big factor at this point one way or another compared to the other two.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Cross your fingers on Vital. I never get excited about any recruit when Duke, Kansas and KT are hot on his tail. We are still recruiting from the AAC, not the Big East. Besides, most of the guys going to those schools seem to be one and done nowadays. You have to recruit an awful lot of top ranked talent to stay in the National picture. Simmons did nothing for LSU. We're better off with the three and four star guys for now.

Reaction Score
Cross your fingers on Vital. I never get excited about any recruit when Duke, Kansas and KT are hot on his tail. We are still recruiting from the AAC, not the Big East. Besides, most of the guys going to those schools seem to be one and done nowadays. You have to recruit an awful lot of top ranked talent to stay in the National picture. Simmons did nothing for LSU. We're better off with the three and four star guys for now.
Do we have the same definition of "Nothing"?

Reaction Score
This has probably been already said, but with a name like Vital, I'm surprised he's not going to Dook. I hope we land him. There are holes to fill and we're running out of options.

Reaction Score
Per Zags, he is visiting Lousville Friday. Also, he said he enjoyed his trip and Ollie is very genuine who wants him to come to UConn to win more championships. He also said as soon as he is 100% into a school he will commit.

Zags posted this to his Facebook account so I cant link it here since my job blocks Facebook.

Reaction Score
Per Zags, he is visiting Lousville Friday. Also, he said he enjoyed his trip and Ollie is very genuine who wants him to come to UConn to win more championships. He also said as soon as he is 100% into a school he will commit.

Zags posted this to his Facebook account so I cant link it here since my job blocks Facebook.

Guessing he wasn't 100% and getting to Louisville is probably not good. Not over but not pretty at this point. Maybe a couple nights of thought keeps him from boarding the plane?

Reaction Score
Perplexed if the staff had no verbals from these kids (I know they could b silent but doubt it) why they cancelled Vann's trip?

Not being critical just trying to think it through....

Reaction Score
Perplexed if the staff had no verbals from these kids why they cancelled Vann's trip?

No one said that the staff canceled Vann's visit...

Reaction Score
Perplexed if the staff had no verbals from these kids (I know they could b silent but doubt it) why they cancelled Vann's trip?

I'm not sure what other options we have this point, but I would start looking at some grad transfers, especially if this kid is going to be any hiccup in getting Makai.

Like I said yesterday, a very tough 48 hours for Uconn Men's basketball, 3 recruits who were coming to campus Monday and we don't sign any of them and they are all taking official visits elsewhere later this week at pretty good programs, really disappointing.

Either way, I have tremendous faith in Ollie that he will come through at the end of this situation.

Reaction Score
Guessing he wasn't 100% and getting to Louisville is probably not good. Not over but not pretty at this point. Maybe a couple nights of thought keeps him from boarding the plane?
Could be close to 100% on UConn and just checking all his options. Never know. Personally, I was skeptical that he was going to commit on the visit with the Louisville visit scheduled immediately afterwards. We'll see.

Reaction Score
You people. This is exactly what we went through with several players for our incoming class. Try considering that some players want to *gasp* sit down and think things over and assess their options before they commit to where they will be attending college. None of you were 100% into your wives on your first date. Not getting a commitment during the visit means nothing. Relax. Or NEXT. Whichever helps you get over it.

Reaction Score
Im not panicked I agree, like our chances w Vital, just really liked idea of adding Vann w last scholarship.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Pretend you're in their shoes. Let's say you are job hunting and schedule multiple on site interviews. You really like the 1st position and they make you an offer. Do you accept right away, or for completeness proceed with the second one as well?

Reaction Score
You people. This is exactly what we went through with several players for our incoming class. Try considering that some players want to *gasp* sit down and think things over and assess their options before they commit to where they will be attending college. None of you were 100% into your wives on your first date. Not getting a commitment during the visit means nothing. Relax. Or NEXT. Whichever helps you get over it.
Juwan Durham was the best. The collective freak out after he tweeted he was happy to be home was peak Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Very well put.

Reaction Score
Juwan Durham was the best. The collective freak out after he tweeted he was happy to be home was peak Boneyard.
Does anyone know why we backed out on Vann?

Did we back out or did Vann?

Reaction Score

I was 100% into my wife the first date (not for marriage).

Maybe some of us like to think and write somewhat negative thoughts in order to be really happy when it turns back in UConn's favor? ;)

Reaction Score
I was 100% into my wife the first date (not for marriage).

Maybe some of us like to think and write somewhat negative thoughts in order to be really happy when it turns back in UConn's favor? ;)
The reason I am concerned Vital and Big T is because this is not early in the recruiting period for these guys, this is not their first visit to a college, unlike Durham and the other recruits this is very late in the recruiting period so I would figure at this point if the kid liked Uconn on his visit he would sign.

Just go read Big T's quotes from over the weekend, if The Uconn visit doesn't feel right I will then continue to visit other schools.

I appreciate you guys being positive, I am hoping we get these two recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom