Christian Vital | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

People need to understand the visits may be good but not the Wow visits without Bungy/Sam Jr package running the social outings - it's very unfair to expect that from our players or coaches - just a fact of life - it won't be as fun. They will still like KO and Glen Miller's tour of the facility will be well ok - but will it move the needle enough?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You people. This is exactly what we went through with several players for our incoming class. Try considering that some players want to *gasp* sit down and think things over and assess their options before they commit to where they will be attending college. None of you were 100% into your wives on your first date. Not getting a commitment during the visit means nothing. Relax. Or NEXT. Whichever helps you get over it.
Phrasing?

Reaction Score
People need to understand the visits may be good but not the Wow visits without Bungy/Sam Jr package running the social outings - it's very unfair to expect that from our players or coaches - just a fact of life - it won't be as fun. They will still like KO and Glen Miller's tour of the facility will be well ok - but will it move the needle enough?
Do you find it hard to repress your seething dislike for the man since you are obviously around him and the program constantly? It's like you find a way to get a little dig in on Coach Miller at any and every opportunity.

Reaction Score
Because the other players don't hear about parties/know good looking girls, only Sam and Bunkey do...?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I've been told Vital is at around 90% convinced. He had a great time, loves Ollie, was happy to see Enoch, and is all but sold on our mission. Like @tcf15 said, he may just want to be 100% sure this is the place for him. I still wouldn't be shocked if we get some good news before his UL visit.

caw

Reaction Score
I've been told Vital is at around 90% convinced. He had a great time, loves Ollie, was happy to see Enoch, and is all but sold on our mission. Like @tcf15 said, he may just want to be 100% sure this is the place for him. I still wouldn't be shocked if we get some good news before his UL visit.

So 9 toes in, not sure how I feel about that (jk)

Reaction Score
Huskyforlife and TCF if we do get the commitment from Vital, would this signing have any interference from us signing Makai?

What do you guys really think?

Reaction Score
If MAL is really that worried about freshman playing time to the extent that a 3 star combo guard changes his college decision, that is his problem, not UConn's. I see no reason to sacrifice depth for someone in the following year's class that may or may not commit. MAL is a very talented PG, but there are others out there for 2017. 2016 is just as important, and we need a guard. KO will put the best team possible out there.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It is quite clear that the men's program will never get over the loss of Bunkey's presence.
Perhaps I missed something but did Bunkey (sp?) leave UConn with SC? If he is still around there may still be hope. All Bunkey needs is a good friend who is connected to the program (like Purvis or maybe ???????????)

Reaction Score
There is a misconception Makai is a PG. He plays the 2 in both High School (Cushing) and AAU (Rivals). He is a scorer. Wabissa Bede is the point guard for both teams. His situation exactly mirrors Jalen's. He played the 2 with the same programs with Kaleb Joseph at the 1. Jalen went on to play point with basicly the Globetrotters of NEPSAC at Brewster for a post grad year. At the next level coaches/evaluators project them as PG's because of their size. As we've seen time and time again some of these smaller guards just cannot convert over to the point. Jalen showed glimpses he could be successful but we have no idea about Makai.

Reaction Score

You really have an unparalleled ability to take a mundane observation and turn it into something completely absurd. The only reason this isn't the silliest idea on this board is because you have a bunch of other ideas - First Night, for example - floating around. Cassell was on campus for two years in the history of this program.

Reaction Score
You really have an unparalleled ability to take a mundane observation and turn it into something completely absurd. The only reason this isn't the silliest idea on this board is because you have a bunch of other ideas - First Night, for example - floating around. Cassell was on campus for two years in the history of this program.
We should just shut down the program, without Clyde Vaughan, Cassell and Bunkey there is no reason to continue.

C

Chief00

You have a disdain for what works and an affinity for what doesn't

C

Chief00

Perhaps I missed something but did Bunkey (sp?) leave UConn with SC? If he is still around there may still be hope. All Bunkey needs is a good friend who is connected to the program (like Purvis or maybe ???????????)
He is still around - was at the spring concert - but he is definitely one foot out the door. Bungy is just one of those people that fun and positiveness just follows around. Laugh if you want but yes that's hard to replace.

C

Chief00

"Convinced" is thinking with your mind not your heart. When you think with your heart you don't need "convincing"

Reaction Score
"Convinced" is thinking with your mind not your heart. When you think with your heart you don't need "convincing"
Looks like Chief has birthed the next Ollieism. Let's let Chief take over the social responsibilities, he'll have Andre on the next plane.

Reaction Score
He is still around - was at the spring concert - but he is definitely one foot out the door. Bungy is just one of those people that fun and positiveness just follows around. Laugh if you want but yes that's hard to replace.

This from a guy who thinks weed should be criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom