Christian Vital | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's not even top 200. UK has 5 guys top 27, Duke 4 top 20, Arizona 3 top 20 and people are hoping we can land a consensus top 215 player. Praying for B12.

Which is basically the same reason we can all hope for him. Since we already have a really solid class we can take a solid role player who can handle the ball and shoot, not that difficult to comprehend

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Vital is better than his ranking which is why he's trying to decide between UConn and Louisville with Iowa, Marquette and whoever else left wanting.

He's a good fit. I wouldn't have said that about the JUCO who visited.

Still think the staff blundered by not pursuing Bruce Brown.

Reaction Score
I really hope we land Vital. Unfortunately Borges tweeted out he thinks he's Louisville bound and they got a bunch of crystal ball picks today

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I really hope we land Vital. Unfortunately Borges tweeted out he thinks he's Louisville bound and they got a bunch of crystal ball picks today
Could you post a link to that tweet by Borges? I don't recall seeing any predictions by him.

Reaction Score
Could you post a link to that tweet by Borges? I don't recall seeing any predictions by him.

image.png

Reaction Score
Vital is better than his ranking which is why he's trying to decide between UConn and Louisville with Iowa, Marquette and whoever else left wanting.

He's a good fit. I wouldn't have said that about the JUCO who visited.

Maybe but hardly anyone pursued Bruce Brown.

Reaction Score
Maybe but hardly anyone pursued Bruce Brown.
think a lot of it had to do with his desire to be a PG at the college level. Wasn't going to happen with Jalen and Alterique on the roster.

ESPN even addressed the PG desire on Brown's scouting page under weaknesses: "The opportunity to play the point was a factor in his recruitment and so it remains to be seen if that will be an obstacle or distraction upon reaching the next level."

Reaction Score
If he goes to ville that leaves us with few options:

1. Alpha Diallo who can play both the 2 or 3.
2. A grad transfer
3. However unlikely it seems- Hami reclassifies.
I always felt the reason we stopped recruiting Bruce Brown was because we had a mystery SG locked up already.
It wouldn't be unheard of for a top 10 talent to reclassify at the end of the summer. Why delay going to the NBA with another year of HS when you can go to college?

Also, Vital snapped he's headed to Storrs tonight.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If he goes to ville that leaves us with few options:

1. Alpha Diallo who can play both the 2 or 3.
2. A grad transfer
3. However unlikely it seems- Hami reclassifies.
I always felt the reason we stopped recruiting Bruce Brown was because we had a mystery SG locked up already.
It wouldn't be unheard of for a top 10 talent to reclassify at the end of the summer. Why delay going to the NBA with another year of HS when you can go to college?

Also, Vital snapped he's headed to Storrs tonight.
Remember that Waters can reclassify, almost certainly. He wouldn't be a perfect fit given our needs, but with the way he shoots you could let him play off the ball to spread the floor, and with the way he handles you could allow him to run the point and let Jalen play off the ball.

I think this is unlikely, and hope we get Vital - making any of this speculation moot. But given the success we've had with two small PGs in the past, I'm not at all against this scenario should it play out.

Reaction Score
Remember that Waters can reclassify, almost certainly. He wouldn't be a perfect fit given our needs, but with the way he shoots you could let him play off the ball to spread the floor, and with the way he handles you could allow him to run the point and let Jalen play off the ball.

I think this is unlikely, and hope we get Vital - making any of this speculation moot. But given the success we've had with two small PGs in the past, I'm not at all against this scenario should it play out.

You can add Makai Ashton to the possible reclassification list too. He'd be a much better fit. He's considered more of a SG than a PG. Also, it seems the staff has been recruiting him harder than Waters.

Reaction Score
Ozzie on TOS:

"Vital said it was going great....

Jalen Larrier and Steve hosted him.

Thomspon going good too but no real gauge yet on his"
Do we know if Big T is still on campus?

Maybe his camp was just setting up another visit in Seton Hall just incase this one didn't workout?

Remember what Big T said over the weekend, if Uconn doesn't feel right he will then take his last two officials.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Somewhere deep in the recesses of the President's bathroom at the bowels of hell ie NCAA headquarters, Emmert's phone just got an alert about the impermissible contact that will be the source of our next suspension...

ftfy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69