Chong | The Boneyard

Chong

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
It's very rare to see a freshman guard who takes care of the ball the way she does.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Doesn't even take a jump shot
and very weak at D (didn't Geno say that very thing last week)?

"Times they are a-changing"
Dylan

Reaction Score
Go's to the hole right or left
free throw's @ 80% plus
Hit's a three once in a wild
Not Baddddd

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I know there was some silliness related to saniya vs MoJeff, but we really need Chong to fill in for Bria Hartley. What's more, I think she just may do it.

Reaction Score
34 points a game in HS. 50 a few times. Great court awareness and passing skills. Totally saw this coming but I almost wish she would shoot more. Did you see that sick drive she made the other night? Even Geno said it was not fast it was a blur!!!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious that the ranking gurus had her pegged when they ranked her so low. The girl has no skills whatsoever.
I told you Geno was a great coach!!! You didn't believe me, but if you think what he has done to bring Chong along in two months is special, wait until next year when you see what he can do with that other guard - you know the one from Canada with two left hands ranked #156! :rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
I know there was some silliness related to saniya vs MoJeff, but we really need Chong to fill in for Bria Hartley. What's more, I think she just may do it.
Like we don't have some good guards coming in next year besides Chong!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious that the ranking gurus had her pegged when they ranked her so low. The girl has no skills whatsoever.

Vtc....so right...24 minutes, 15 pts, 4-6 from three pt, 3 assists, 3 steals, 2 rebounds and 2 blocks...!! 0 turnovers & 0 fouls... What were Shea and Geno thinking....?? :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ching is really coming along nicely.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
KML and Tuck getting hurt was a mixed blessing. Definitely hate to see any athlete kept from doing what they excel at. But Saniya would not be playing 20 minutes per game if they had not been hurt. And Saniya has really used the playing time to learn and grow. ( I think the same applies to Kia Stokes as well. )

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, a serious post. Before we knew that we would have Polly and T, it seemed that Saniya would be the last person on the bench. Recalling past bench units that were a bit scoring challenged, I thought Saniya would be very different. Yup! Nearly 3,000 points, 35 ppg, shoots the three, drives through traffic, shoots nearly 90% on FTs. How is Geno going to keep the score down?

She's shooting .531 overall, .435 from the arc, .750 at the line, scoring 8.3 points in 20.7 minutes. 12 assists, 3 blocks, 5 steals, and only 4 TOs. And she was ranked where?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ok, a serious post. Before we knew that we would have Polly and T, it seemed that Saniya would be the last person on the bench. Recalling past bench units that were a bit scoring challenged, I thought Saniya would be very different. Yup! Nearly 3,000 points, 35 ppg, shoots the three, drives through traffic, shoots nearly 90% on FTs. How is Geno going to keep the score down?

She's shooting .531 overall, .435 from the arc, .750 at the line, scoring 8.3 points in 20.7 minutes. 12 assists, 3 blocks, 5 steals, and only 4 TOs. And she was ranked where?

Clearly Geno rigged the rankings so he could stealth recruit her. What other coach in their right mind would ever think to notice her high school performance?

Reaction Score
Guard play is not going to be a problem next year. What I worry about is our front court with only three posts(Kiah, Breanna, and Morgan). Should we land Wilson then that problem will go away.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Like we don't have some good guards coming in next year besides Chong!
We do, but immediately replacing Bria will still be a pretty tall order. I think Chong could be lined up to do it. She'll make long-range shots and push the ball hard up the court (as Bria does).

Reaction Score
Looking up the meaning of her name, I wasn't surprised at all...

saniyameaningsm.jpg

Reaction Score
Not to throw too much cold water on the Chong love fest, because the kid does have skills, but...I still don't like the way she shoots her 'jumper'. It's really an old fashioned push shot. Watch her feet...when she catches she takes too long to set her feet, then pushes from her chin. She got one of those stuffed in one of the earlier games. She clearly can make shots when she's wide open, but it would improve her game tremendously if she could learn to just catch and shoot with a higher release point...also add a pull up jumper off the dribble a la Bird or Bria. With her ability to get to the rim apparent already, those two would make her a much more dynamic scoring threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom