Chong commits!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chong commits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And you just had to go over to the Cardinal board and break the news, didn't you! You MEANIE..!!! :D:D:D Blue Meanie, that is! As in National Flag Blue.....hehehheheheh

I had to do something to wake up those somnolent sluggards down there in Wally World. I thought it would be just the tonic to start their weekend off right!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yay a smartass comment that adds nothing to the conversation. How do those 2011 and 2012 national championship banners look at Gampel? Oh right.
First of all, yes it was a smartazz response. Did I hurt your feelings?

Secondly, it added plenty to the conversation. Clearly, if you look past my style you will see that I just disagree that we will "rue the day" if Uconn signs a one player class. And I totally disagree that signing just Faris cost them two national championships.

Reaction Score
Congratulations, Saniya!
Welcome to the UConn family.
We are all looking forward to your first appearance as a UConn Husky.
Good luck, and enjoy your senior year in high school, Saniya. I hope it's special for you.

Reaction Score
She looks more "buff" in that volleyball picture. I always thought (via other pictures) that she was slender/skinny. At 5'9", she has great size for a guard and I think it's pretty clear she's an extraordinary scorer (ie. it's "basket-ball"... put the ball IN the basket!!). She was invited to the USA national team trials, although she did not make the team. I'm going to guess she belongs in the top 40 and possibly in the top 25 in her class. I'm excited about her for several reasons, partly cuz she's the first commit of 2013, partly cuz she's a phenomenal scorer, and partly because I think she's much better than her 75 per HG and 72 per Blue Star ratings...
Thank God we now have at least 1 for the 2013 class! Though we have been following her on here I really dont know what her ranking should be? We knew she was not even ranked when we 1st heard of her! We do agree as we followed her that she was putting up fantastic #s in all areas! The team.with no SRs,was also playing great! She finally did get ranked and is as high as 20!

She is very athletic,size,and if she puts in the work could be an excellent defender! We do know what she will have to do and be if she wants to play UCONN BB!

We also have only 8 players for 2013 <though the talent is incredible to a degree that I believe barring injuries we will be National Champions>! We needed players in this class for 2013 and beyond! I hope we have more than 9 for next season! You need that for depth,practice, and in case
of injury! How we get from here to 12 for 2013 is to be seen! This was a great start! I hope we get McCall,but an accepted Stanford kid,from CA is going to be tough!

Phew glad the 1st one is done!
Ira

Reaction Score
One of the articles on her commitment stated that Uconn graduates 3 guards this year, can only think of 2, Doty and Faris. Whom am I missing?
One of the student security guards is graduating. Saniya is an amazing passer. She'll be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Some welcome news today after watching the most frustrating debacle that is called UConn football. I am SO ready for the basketball season. Sitting at the Rent for the second half of the football game put me in a very foul mood. That now has been tempered by such wonderful news that I feel a tiny hint of a smile creeping onto my face. Okay, a big smile on my face. Thank goodness there is a UConn team I can actually feel GOOD about.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can ruefully say Alex is all wet on this one. It was an emotional decision, made on the spot, and neither Saniya nor her high school coach knew in advance.
Well it might be a surprise of when (but not much of one), but not a suprise that she did. I mean we were recruiting her. Now if it had been someone we were not recruiting, or didn't expect to get, then that would be a surprise.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is a big get for UConn. Saniya fills the void for another guard which we needed badly. Plus she lives close by and we are on SNY and I know her family wants to watch her play.
She is a big time scorer, terrific passer, and can penetrate. Will need some work on defense. Playing along side of MJ we have 2 quick guards who are true guards and point guards. Surround them with who we have on our roster and they can only get better and showcase their skills. I really happy we got her.

With all the talent at UConn both starting and on the bench as positions open we will land be time players. I was concerned about landing recruits this season because there was no room for them. Next year with positions opening up through graduation and UConn will be able to attract top players again, especially when we win another NC.

IMO I think we land one more player, who I dont know ......yet.

Reaction Score
Bret McCormick@ASGR1995
Saniya Chong #20 2013 5-9 PG from Ossining HS NY has pledged to be a Connecticut Huskie. She committed on her official visit.

:)

It's official: the best girls basketball player in the history of Section 1 is headed to the best program in the country.

Heck yeah it is!! Welcome to UCONN Nation Saniya!!

Reaction Score
Great first step for the 2013 class. One more commit at least would be ideal, however, I think having Chong on board is better than where we were the past couple of months. My one take on Erica McCall, she has the opportunity to get a Stanford Education and that is what is holding her back from making a decision. However, wherever McCall lands, good luck to her. If it isn't at Uconn, we still will have stewart, tuck, stokes, and dolson. I think the class of 2014 is calling on a new center however.

Reaction Score

Secondly, it added plenty to the conversation. Clearly, if you look past my style you will see that I just disagree that we will "rue the day" if Uconn signs a one player class. And I totally disagree that signing just Faris cost them two national championships.
Who cares what you think. She is a great get for UCONN!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yeah, but I'm saint and sinner and the sinner in me wants to torment you.

They say there's a heaven for those who will wait.
Some say it's better, but I say it ain't.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints,
the sinners are much more fun.

You know that only the good die young.

Reaction Score
Would anyone be surprised if, after committing to UConn,
Saniya mysteriously begins rising in the rankings?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

The 2012 season may be less clear-cut, but many of us think depth--particularly in the post--cost us the 2011 title. We led ND in the second half until Stef got in foul trouble. Tiff had a bad game, as did others not named Maya. If we had gotten a couple more kids in Kelly's class, it is not a stretch at all to think that would have made a difference. I have little doubt that we could have beaten TAMU in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom