Chief’s Briefs - Seton Hall Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Seton Hall Edition

Reaction Score
Our guards couldn’t handle Richmond and Karaban and Jackson couldn’t handle Ndefo. On offense, please please let the AJ point forward experiment come to an end after this season. Road Runner is great for energy but he isn’t a floor general.
I can't even pin it just on the guards. It was an absolute implosion.

It's like they took sleeping pills at the half or the speech from the coaches was, "we got this. Go into full cruise control boys."

I get it...I'm angry...we are too talented for this...and ill calm down tomorrow...but give me a flin flam break already.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe I am answering your point - why isn’t Clingan included in our best players? Well, he’s not in our starting line/up either as he should be!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It was the turnovers. Lots of them on terrible passes into the teeth of defense. We were very lax with the ball in the second half. It robbed us of numerous possessions.

18 turnovers to SHU 9.
I recall Jackson turn the ball over on passes three times..

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Maybe I am answering your point - why isn’t Clingan included in our best players? Well, he’s not in our starting line/up either as he should be!
When Clingan was in it seemed it was for a minute or two.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No point guard
No mid range game
No fortitude No will
No BB IQ
No Coaching IQ
No Floor Leader
No Guts No Glory

All spells disaster and that's what you have in Storrs

This team is done and it is so sad

No NBE refs who know how to call a game without making it about them - the league needs to get some gonads and get rid of the garbage they have - it was poor for both teams

I'm at wits end with the program as it stands. First time in over 48 years that the family did not renew their mens basketball season tickets and my son was glad that our money didn't go to this fiasco. During the 2nd half the UConn ticket people had the audacity to call me to ask my interest for next year (they call every game) and I told him that without any major changes we will only continue to buy soccer/football/baseball packages.
I am watching Xavier/DePaul now and can't see UConn beating DePaul.
Say it ain't so

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
There are some many times we break the first guy off the dribble and then decide to pass to another guarded guy in the paint area. Why not shoot an uncontested floater? That is a bread and butter shot. Newton and Jackson were the two big offenders of this tonight.

Reaction Score
If the alternative is to dribble and swing the ball around the perimeter for 30 seconds before trying to force feed Sanogo through two defenders, we might as well just give Hawkins the ball and let him chuck a bad shot

I’d trust that more than whatever it is we were doing tonight. When Hawkins gets the ball, he’s the only guy that has a willingness to deviate from the set and make a basketball play. Everyone else is just going through motions. But Hawkins can’t get the ball because defenses realize that they just have to blitz him off screens and nobody can punish them for it

Reaction Score
1674094550407.gif

Reaction Score
This is 2006-2007 all over again. That team started the year 12-1 or so and was ranked in the top 10 only to end the season 17-14 and no postseason.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Luke but why is he effectively the head coach in practice tonight with Tom there?
Brando made a comment in the second half that tom had said he wanted to be the one sitting and Luke the one standing, or something to that effect.

Reaction Score
the season plays out and tells you what kind of team we have. Even if the refs did a better job(that Newton charge was the worst, total game changer) we are very even with Seton Hall. So we are not very good. Hope we can turn it around. Maybe we hit rock bottom? And can grow and get better. The under 4 minutes possessions is a good place to start. I was happy we were going to Hawkins but he jacked up a 3 from so far from the basket with 20 seconds left on the shot clock it was awful. And then we just got worse and worse. Tough to watch a team with so much promise be this bad.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We have these rotations and regardless of how a player plays we stick to them. That has got to change. It is also tough to beat teams when you turn the ball over much more than your opponent. Turnover tonight 18 for UConn and 9 for Hall.

A fellow poster displayed some data that showed Sanogo gets fouled 1 of 20 attempts in the paint. That is outrageous and continued tonight.

True he could use some better sell techniques but he often gets fouled and no whistle by the Big East officials, who have been a disaster this season under a very weak commissioner. When Sanogo misses a post shot, there is no one in the zip code to rebound without a Double Big.

First half, 3 foul shots for UConn and 10 for Setan Hall. With 7 minutes left in the game 8 foul shots for UConn and 18 for Hall. For the game short end of 14 to 25.

Hawkins, Sanogo, Clingan, Jackson and Karaban are our 5 best players and it is a no brainer they should be our starting line-up. Time is running out for our coaching staff to recognize this. How much more evidence do they need that the current approach is not working?

Having said that, I liked Diarra game tonight. He can break the defense down off the dribble, but needs to improve his FT %.

But where did our ball movement go? And there’s a big price to pay without having a double big for the rebound at the end,
The direction this team is heading, I believe Chiefs Briefs are going to be really brief.

Reaction Score
We still have time to turn the ship around but double big needs to start next game and in the starting lineup.

Nothing against Luke but why is he effectively the head coach in practice tonight with Tom there?

I think people should be giving this point a whole lot more consideration than they are right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom