Cassell to Choose this week? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Cassell to Choose this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
cassell isn't going to confide in some avatar just because they follow each other on twitter. I'm confused what skinny has 3 given us? I like all the information of who our staff is watching etc. , but the buck stops there for him.

Reaction Score
cassell isn't going to confide in some avatar just because they follow each other on twitter. I'm confused what skinny has 3 given us? I like all the information of who our staff is watching etc. , but the buck stops there for him.
3 has interviewed numerous recruits first hand. He contributes more than most of us combined.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Here we go again... this should not be a bash 3 thread...

Reaction Score
3 has interviewed numerous recruits first hand. He contributes more than most of us combined.
Working hard and being an insider aren't the same thing. Definitely enjoy updates when I'm too busy to search uconn on twitter

Reaction Score
Here we go again... this should not be a bash 3 thread...

You guys are way too overly sensitive, nobody is bashing 3. The point was if Cassell had decided, I doubt he would leak that info to someone who he doesn't know besides a few twitter interactions and someone he has never seen face to face. I think the fact that his own teammate and his boys from back home, you know, guys that he actually knows, have hinted that he's coming here holds more weight.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
You guys are way too overly sensitive, nobody is bashing 3. The point was if Cassell had decided, I doubt he would leak that info to someone who he doesn't know besides a few twitter interactions and someone he has never seen face to face. I think the fact that his own teammate and his boys from back home, you know, guys that he actually knows, have hinted that he's coming here holds more weight.
Not sensitive and wasn't directed at you...

more so at the comment that 3 doesn't give us any skinny (he does talk to kids and gets some valid perspective and insight into recruiting).

I agree with your post (that SC could be keeping his commit under wraps).

Reaction Score
Working hard and being an insider aren't the same thing. Definitely enjoy updates when I'm too busy to search uconn on twitter

He's never claimed to be an insider. But what he does is compile an awful lot of information and post it here for all to see. So you actually don't need to spend much time searching for uconn on twitter - because he'll post any information here 2 minutes later.

Reaction Score
Anything that comes out on Twitter is on this board within minutes, no matter the time of night/day. 3 is a big part(albeit not the only part) of that as well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He's never claimed to be an insider. But what he does is compile an awful lot of information and post it here for all to see. So you actually don't need to spend much time searching for uconn on twitter - because he'll post any information here 2 minutes later.
Anything that comes out on Twitter is on this board within minutes, no matter the time of night/day. 3 is a big part(albeit not the only part) of that as well.
This is what I've come to accept and even appreciate. I just had to come to terms with the fact that it is entirely unfiltered and indiscriminate, and that any insight he has must be taken with a grain of salt, because it is only as good as twitter itself--among teenagers no less.

It is the way it is now.

Reaction Score
So somebody who gives us the 'inside skinny' on recruits isn't an insider? My post was a response. Look it's definitely hard work, and I'm not trying to disparage him... You do realize how easy it is to search #ollie or #uconn on twitter? But what do I know, I contribute nothing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think it's simple! DON'T come to any conclusion about recruits until there is a thread posted with the title recruit X committed to UConn or a thread titled recruit X committed to University Y.

The rest of this stuff is filler until the season begins and we all begin arguing about games, refs, coaching, rankings, conferences or players. If you are annoyed by the process just skip it. If people haven't figured it out by now they will never figure it out. There are different strokes for different folks. We all have our preferences on how we do things. It sucks for us that the world is diversified and so many people want to do things differently than that which pleases our sensibilities. But that's the way it is.

I like checking in on the progress of recruiting. Don't get me wrong. I love to know about Bourbon and hoses and phones and music. But recruiting is closer to the subject of UConn's men's bb. Guys who are keeping us informed of what is happening in the recruiting world understand that the information only has some relevancy. They are not the problem. The problem exists amongst some of us who are taking the information and making conclusions that haven't occurred.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I think it's simple! DON'T come to any conclusion about recruits until there is a thread posted with the title recruit X committed to UConn or a thread titled recruit X committed to University Y.

UConn is definitely better than University Y -- that place is a sh it hole. Why would X want to go there anyway?

caw

Reaction Score
All inside information should be taken with a grain of salt. People let things out they want others to know, not always what is true. Kasongo is a pretty good example, he was telling 3 things that weren't true (whether due to misunderstanding or not) but those who heard things from UConns side were hearing very different things.

Not 3's fault, bc it was insider information.

As for Cassell, yes he will likely announce publicly or tell others before he tells 3, but that doesn't mean 3 won't have any insight or non-public statements from Cassell.

Reaction Score
David Borges@DaveBorges
Hearing Sam Cassell, Jr. decision should come by Thursday at the latest. #UConn

How many Cassell threads can we make before then?!

What decision? To go to UConn or open up his recruitment? These last couple of months have been really tough to deal with. What have we become the second choice. Possibly second choice to no other option?

Reaction Score
What decision? To go to UConn or open up his recruitment? These last couple of months have been really tough to deal with. What have we become the second choice. Possibly second choice to no other option?

He has other offers. Missouri and Marquette have also offered, and he has been on visits to those schools already.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

This your first rodeo?

Even if this year's class were to end with "only" RP, DH & RL, that's a good to very good class. And had we signed no top-100 guys, still way too early to cry chicken little with recruiting "woes" when the HC is starting his 2nd year.

Reaction Score
[Ote="RMoore1999, post: 716472, member: 2888"]This your first rodeo?

Even if this year's class were to end with "only" RP, DH & RL, that's a good to very good class. And had we signed no top-100 guys, still way too early to cry chicken little with recruiting "woes" when the HC is starting his 2nd year.[/quote]

Of course not, who's crying chicken. Sam goes from down to 2 to he opens back up his recruitment . Or the beginning of this post is wrong. Whatever the case is been "next" quite a bit lately. Doesn't mean we won't get "our" man, we always do, but the last couple of weeks have been strange.
I went to UConn on a football scholarship and hosted recruits for both football and basketball. You can thank me for throwing an around the world party Cliff on Hilltop, Tate (Mr locked up) in our party room in the jungle. And Smitty in the Carriage House.

Ray Braxton, Al, Phil Gamble.

Oh such great memories!

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
[Ote="RMoore1999, post: 716472, member: 2888"]This your first rodeo?

Even if this year's class were to end with "only" RP, DH & RL, that's a good to very good class. And had we signed no top-100 guys, still way too early to cry chicken little with recruiting "woes" when the HC is starting his 2nd year.

Of course not, who's crying chicken. Sam goes from down to 2 to he opens back up his recruitment . Or the beginning of this post is wrong. Whatever the case is been "next" quite a bit lately. Doesn't mean we won't get "our" man, we always do, but the last couple of weeks have been strange.
I went to UConn on a football scholarship and hosted recruits for both football and basketball. You can thank me for throwing an around the world party Cliff on Hilltop, Tate (Mr locked up) in our party room in the jungle. And Smitty in the Carriage House.

Oh such great memories![/quote]

Nice...I loved Smitty's cross-over.

Reaction Score
[You knte="CTBasketball, post: 716503, member: 2809"]Just grab a bottle of scotch and ride out the storm.[/quote]

You know my drink by now!

Take a shot with me :)

IMG00646-20130112-2052.jpg

Reaction Score

Oh such great memories!

Nice...I loved Smitty's cross-over.[/quote]

Skinner Fredericks was a great dude huh? Broxton's story had a sad ending......one of them most underrated high post jumper back in the day he was money from 15.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom