Cassell to Choose this week? | The Boneyard

Cassell to Choose this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
According to Jeff Ermann, Cassell hopes to commit this week and is down to UConn, Louisville, Marquette, Florida State and Mizzou ... could be a huge week if we get Kasongo and Cassell.

Reaction Score
It's weird to think about after all the fear and uneasiness, we could be just about done with 2014, with a pretty stellar class, by the end of this week. Hamilton, Lubin, Kasongo, Cassell, Purvis; 5 quality players who would be able to contribute right away. This, should it pan out, would be a huge step for KO to silence the critics.

Reaction Score
It's weird to think about after all the fear and uneasiness, we could be just about done with 2014, with a pretty stellar class, by the end of this week. Hamilton, Lubin, Kasongo, Cassell, Purvis; 5 quality players who would be able to contribute right away. This, should it pan out, would be a huge step for KO to silence the critics.

He'd go after Robinson as well.

Reaction Score
He'd go after Robinson as well.
That's why I said "just about". I'd love to land Robinson, he would easily make that a top 7-ish class, but I see him as more of a luxury. That being said, don't think I don't want him! Kid is a stud.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
According to Jeff Ermann, Cassell hopes to commit this week and is down to UConn, Louisville, Marquette, Florida State and Mizzou ... could be a huge week if we get Kasongo and Cassell.

Cassell could be a great fit for the Huskies....he looks like he has a great feel for the game for his age. I could easily seem him becoming the player that steadies the ship when things get stormy.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Would love to land cassel! Adds that depth will need next year at point. But I'm hopeing the resent decommits of snider and Lyle don't leave him swaying toward the ville.robinson would make this class go from good to really good fast!kasongos a kid I want to add even more bulk at PF along with Lubin.all in all good class but still missing something an hopefully this week we get that something.

Reaction Score
If Lyle's decommit causes us to lose Cassell...

Reaction Score
If Lyle's decommit causes us to lose Cassell...

I wouldn't be shocked if Lyle ended up here if KU and Arizona continue to balk. Any word on whether he's picked up any additional offers? If late October rolls around and KU and Arizona are still only moderately interested, I think we have a good shot. I get your point, though.

Reaction Score
I prefer Lyle to Cassell, but it's close enough where I'd be content with a commit from Cassell this week. However, we are definitely a dark horse in the Lyle race, and it's kind of surprised me that some people have dismissed us as a possibility.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That's why I said "just about". I'd love to land Robinson, he would easily make that a top 7-ish class, but I see him as more of a luxury. That being said, don't think I don't want him! Kid is a stud.

While that class wouldn't be ranked super high, this class could end up being one of the best we've ever had. We would be absolutely loaded.

Reaction Score
KO and Sam Cassell played together on the Milwaukee Bucks. Maybe their relationship will influence the decision by Cassell Jr. Hopefully in our favor.

Reaction Score
I want Cassell badly. I just think he has kind of a Shabazz/Steph Curry thing going. Seems like a guy that will perform consistently and take big shots.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Cassell seems like a real point guard who can score. Lyle is very highly rated and we should probably take him if there are not warning bells, but I wonder if he can really play PG. I'm not saying he can't, I just wish we know more about how likely it is he could play that position well. We already have Purvis retraining to be a point and having two wanting to do that at the same time might not be an ideal situation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cassell seems like a real point guard who can score. Lyle is very highly rated and we should probably take him if there are not warning bells, but I wonder if he can really play PG. I'm not saying he can't, I just wish we know more about how likely it is he could play that position well. We already have Purvis retraining to be a point and having two wanting to do that at the same time might not be an ideal situation.

Which warning bells are you referring to?

Reaction Score
Didn't Lyle decommit from Louisville because they landed another PG? If so, why would Cassel commit to Louisville?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Which warning bells are you referring to?

I meant that the staff should rule-out any concerns regarding academics, tests, and flakiness. Correct me if I have mixed him up with someone else, but wasn't he the one who was talking about making official visits to schools who had not even offered him, was rumored to not even be able to take official visits because he had not taken the SAT, and was suddenly looking to make a package deal, after decommitting from UL. I was reading about his decommitting and he was described in multiple places as wanting to sign with one or two other players (Blackmon and Lyles), later switching to wanting to be a package deal with Cliff Alexander, as well as switching from one high school to another suddenly, switching from one AAU program to another, and about his creating a lot of attention/drama around his recruitment through his use of twitter.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Didn't Lyle decommit from Louisville because they landed another PG? If so, why would Cassel commit to Louisville?
No. Apparently Louisville decommited from him(Lyle). I don't think that's true in the slightest but Lyle does have his issues.

Reaction Score
I meant that the staff should rule-out any concerns regarding academics, tests, and flakiness. Correct me if I have mixed him up with someone else, but wasn't he the one who was talking about making official visits to schools who had not even offered him, was rumored to not even be able to take official visits because he had not taken the SAT, and was suddenly looking to make a package deal, after decommitting from UL. I was reading about his decommitting and he was described in multiple places as wanting to sign with one or two other players (Blackmon and Lyles), later switching to wanting to be a package deal with Cliff Alexander, as well as switching from one high school to another suddenly, switching from one AAU program to another, and about his creating a lot of attention/drama around his recruitment through his use of twitter.

I've been wondering all along that the reason Lyle hasn't landed anywhere since he backed out of his verbal with UL is more due to the programs on his list not pulling the trigger on a hard offer. Remember, programs can't comment on recruits till after they sign their LOI, so many recruits say they've been offered but in reality they either haven't been or the offer was what is considered a soft offer, requiring certain things to be achieved before it becomes a true one. Some of these stipulations are visiting the program, taking the SAT or achieving a solid SAT score, reviewing their transcript, etc. Since programs can't comment on recruits, his backing out of his UL verbal might have been UL showing him the door due to academic concerns.

We know that Lyle has yet to take his SAT and I think he attended one of those suspect private schools that has proven problematic for some recruits qualifying. I might be completely out to lunch on this, but I wonder if UConn along with the other program are keeping Lyle as their fallback plan, not willing to take him while they have other options that don't have the same academic issues.

I really don't know which of the two is the better PG and fit for UConn, Cassell or Lyle, but I have a feeling that Lyle will be one of those names we end up hearing about not qualifying next fall. Regardless which team he chooses, I hope he gets his academics in order and is able to suit up next season.

Reaction Score
If Lyle does have serious academic issues he is a mortal lock to end up at Memphis.

Reaction Score
Is George Clinton touring anytime soon? I don't know why, but when I think of Sam Cassell Jr., I hear Parliament/Funkadelic songs in my ear.

Who else likes Funkadelic?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is George Clinton touring anytime soon? I don't know why, but when I think of Sam Cassell Jr., I hear Parliament/Funkadelic songs in my ear.

Who else likes Funkadelic?
Great for the mojo! Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member