Cassell to Choose this week? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cassell to Choose this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean who are we honestly going to "lose" him to at this point?

After what has taken place with Kasongo, nothing would shock me. I had been frequently checking recruiting sites and surfing the net for news on Kasongo and Cassell, but I'm done with doing that. Simply a waste of time the way these sagas or should say Soap Operas are being drawn out.

Hey, HooperScooper...just email or call me when Cassell commits. :)

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
But your still hangin out in this thread DM. Which is basically like scouring the net. Between the army of tweeps we have on this board these days. Any news is here in less than 3 min.

Reaction Score
A Ville scouting report on Cassell:
I've seen Lyle and Snider play multiple times and wasn't impressed by either from a shooting standpoint. Lyle is a great passer with great size. Q is quick and runs a team well but he isn't great in any area. Snider is not close to as athletic as Siva, or a great shooter and an average defender. Lyle is a horrible defender and not very quick.

I called my dad's best friend who is a retired basketball coach living in Florida and asked him about Cassell. Butch comes to the KOB every year and has seen Snider play and he is familiar with Cassell. He said Cassell is more of a combo guard, can really score, shoots it well from 3 and has a great mid range game. He said where Cassell stands out is defensively and that he locks guys up. Butch also said that Cassell was a late bloomer in high school.

Cassell's coach, by the way, calls him a lockdown defender.

Reaction Score
Just like papa. hopefully he runs his mouth @ the same clip, we'll need to replace some lost swagger when our current guards leave

Reaction Score
A Ville scouting report on Cassell:

Cassell's coach, by the way, calls him a lockdown defender.

I honestly don't know much about Lyle but I would take Cassell Jr over Snider any day of the week. Perkins and McLaughlin were my 1a & 1b as far as our main PG targets go but I'm very happy to "settle" with Cassell Jr. He can start here and put numbers up.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Nah, we can all say whatever want. As I said, I was just being a cranky old bastard.

At this point I expecting him, Kasongo and Abu all to attend NC State.

Must be their impressive TV exposure that reels em in..

Reaction Score
I honestly don't know much about Lyle but I would take Cassell Jr over Snider any day of the week. Perkins and McLaughlin were my 1a & 1b as far as our main PG targets go but I'm very happy to "settle" with Cassell Jr. He can start here and put numbers up.
RP will have a year of practice under his belt and could improve quite a bit at the PG position before he steps on the court.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, even Fishy so declared recently....at least there's Geno and his ladies to distract our minds during the cold winter nights soon to embrace us....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Well it looks to me like both a teamate and a friend from home have now said on twitter hes coming to uconn, which means he'll be committing to Clemson any minute now.

Why not Florida State where his dad went?

caw

Reaction Score
Apparently purvis is KILLING in practice according to a buddy of mine up at storrs. Massive improvement in his jumpshot is what's doing it. idk about pg ability yet though, can only gage that in games.

FT shooting was his biggest issue at NCST. Well that and playing in a system which didn't fit him at all.

Reaction Score
FT shooting was his biggest issue at NCST. Well that and playing in a system which didn't fit him at all.
yah. when I say jumpshot I mean off the dribble , coming off a pnr, not the set shot threes he took at nc state . His shot in general looks better, think that will translate from the stripe.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to get anybody's panties in a bunch but Cassell just told me no commitment yet. He also said no commitment will be made today but definitely by the end of the week.

With that being said like Amore had in his article UConn not getting Cassell would be a shock.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So what's the over/under on how many Cassell threads we have by the end of the week? I say 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom