Car Wash Has Some Big Deals... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Car Wash Has Some Big Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have been trying to avoid posting, but Bob Diaco would have to probably work his way up through another job or two (and have lots of success) before he would get any serious consideration by ND.

Brian Kelly won two national titles at Grand Valley State, won the MAC at Central Michigan and went 34-6 at Cincy. Many ND people thought that his resume when hired by ND was too "small timey".

Kelly could not win over many ND alumni and fans from day one because of that "lack of major college head coaching experience".

Ara Parseghian and Lou Holtz have said over and over that they both needed every bit of major college head coaching experience they had to deal with the media and fan pressures, off-the-field distractions and unique challenges of the ND head coaching job.

Bob Diaco has only been a head coach at one stop and only for three years. He would have no shot at the ND job.

My God Terry, you do know we were being sarcastic, right?

Reaction Score
I have been trying to avoid posting, but Bob Diaco would have to probably work his way up through another job or two (and have lots of success) before he would get any serious consideration by ND.

Brian Kelly won two national titles at Grand Valley State, won the MAC at Central Michigan and went 34-6 at Cincy. Many ND people thought that his resume when hired by ND was too "small timey".

Kelly could not win over many ND alumni and fans from day one because of that "lack of major college head coaching experience".

Ara Parseghian and Lou Holtz have said over and over that they both needed every bit of major college head coaching experience they had to deal with the media and fan pressures, off-the-field distractions and unique challenges of the ND head coaching job.

Bob Diaco has only been a head coach at one stop and only for three years. He would have no shot at the ND job.
We're paying Diaco $1,500,000 as a management trainee.

I'd take Kelley in heartbeat

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

@TerryD Who would you see as the realistic candidates? I don't discount much as many thought Jim Harbaugh to Michigan was a pipe dream.

dayooper

Reaction Score
I dont see how he makes it to next season. Any more losses in conference play will not go over well, especially if it's UT.

I don't see who is going to fill these jobs to be honest with you. Not a good year to be looking for a coach. Briles is available and I think Mike Leach might have worn out his welcome at WSU.

Eh, they may not go over well, but he's still a top notch coach who is one season removed from a playoff season. You can fire him, but who will be his replacement? If you can't anybody worth hiring, than kicking out one of the most successful coaches the school has had seems a bit premature.

Everybody will be after Herman, but who else is there? PJ Fleck at Western Michigan will be somewhere else next year, but I'm not sure if he is ready for a Notre Dame or Oklahoma. Diaco? Same boat as Fleck. Can you get a Paul Cryst to leave Wisconsin? Maybe, maybe not. There are going to be a lot of high profile jobs this year and the money will be flying out of big money boosters bank accounts. Who will fill these positions?

Reaction Score
We're paying Diaco $1,500,000 as a management trainee.

I'd take Kelley in heartbeat

Try $1.8M. That's his salary right now. That's crazy considering he has so many holes as a head coach.

ND - please hire him back as your DC. I am sure some Boneyarders will help him move.

Reaction Score
@TerryD Who would you see as the realistic candidates? I don't discount much as many thought Jim Harbaugh to Michigan was a pipe dream.

Hell, you got me. I didn't think that Kelly's seat would even be warm this season after winning 12 games in 2012 and 10 last season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Imagine a world where ND pays Diacos 5 mil buyout and we spend that money on Les Miles... a man can dream.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eh, they may not go over well, but he's still a top notch coach who is one season removed from a playoff season. You can fire him, but who will be his replacement? If you can't anybody worth hiring, than kicking out one of the most successful coaches the school has had seems a bit premature.

Everybody will be after Herman, but who else is there? PJ Fleck at Western Michigan will be somewhere else next year, but I'm not sure if he is ready for a Notre Dame or Oklahoma. Diaco? Same boat as Fleck. Can you get a Paul Cryst to leave Wisconsin? Maybe, maybe not. There are going to be a lot of high profile jobs this year and the money will be flying out of big money boosters bank accounts. Who will fill these positions?

I hear Todd Graham answers his phone....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
While I don't expect anyone to stop talking about it, it seems to me Diaco is here through the end of the 2017 season at an absolute minimum given the $$ owed. The university isn't in position to replace him financially. And one of my many quibbles about the coaching staff he has assembled is that there is no one in the building right now that could be given the job on the cheap like we had with TJ a few years ago.... I don't think that is by chance.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Hell, you got me. I didn't think that Kelly's seat would even be warm this season after winning 12 games in 2012 and 10 last season.

Do you think ND faithful would accept a coach like Pat Narduzzi?

Reaction Score
What has Notre Dame even won recently? Seriously they didn't' even win a BCS bowl and that goes all the way back to the 90's.

Reaction Score
Try $1.8M. That's his salary right now. That's crazy considering he has so many holes as a head coach.

ND - please hire him back as your DC. I am sure some Boneyarders will help him move.

Be careful what you wish for. Then what?

Reaction Score
Nope, my sarcasm meter needs new batteries I guess.

My post was not funny enough. I thought a reference to critter pants was going to be enough but, in retrospect, that was lazy, corny posting. The confusion is my bad.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if you see Dan Mullen's seat heating up a bit. MSU is one of those schools who has somewhat delusional expectations. The last couple years with Prescott is about as good as that school can do in the SEC West. A downtick or two and I can see them getting antsy with Mullen.

He is a bit of a tool..but he is a northeast guy who has shown under Meyer to be able to be creative offensively. May be a good match with UCOnn down the road.

Reaction Score
After losing to NDSU, if Iowa starts sliding to the middle of the pack in the B1G, watch UConn alum Kirk Ferentz's seat start to go caliente. I'd take him in a heart beat if he still has the stomach for it. He may just want to retire & get a tv gig like Mack Brown.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
After losing to NDSU, if Iowa starts sliding to the middle of the pack in the B1G, watch UConn alum Kirk Ferentz's seat start to go caliente. I'd take him in a heart beat if he still has the stomach for it. He may just want to retire & get a tv gig like Mack Brown.

They just extended him! He's not going anywhere.

dayooper

Reaction Score
They just extended him! He's not going anywhere.

They extending him with a HUGE buyout. He's there as long as he wants to be.

dayooper

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if you see Dan Mullen's seat heating up a bit. MSU is one of those schools who has somewhat delusional expectations. The last couple years with Prescott is about as good as that school can do in the SEC West. A downtick or two and I can see them getting antsy with Mullen.

He is a bit of a tool..but he is a northeast guy who has shown under Meyer to be able to be creative offensively. May be a good match with UCOnn down the road.

Some thought Mullen was in line for the Michigan and Nebraska jobs a few years ago.

I think he would do well at UConn.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I can't imagine that ND, LSU, and other top notch P5 programs are going to settle for an up and comer. That is beneath them and maybe Herman will be the exception. I expect many P5 schools will get their coaches poached thus starting the giant domino effect that will cause those P5 schools to take the up and come G5 coaches or coordinators. There's no way I see those big names that may have openings settling for a PJ Fleck or other types of coaches that are having success at smaller G5 schools

Reaction Score
@Athlete94 see what this thread has become?It is no longer a landing spot for whether the Gold package includes vacuuming the trunk.It is no longer a place that we can debate the cost/benefit of having the undercarriage washed. It has become the Conf Realignment cesspool, a thread where we discuss potential coaching replacements. What else are we to do when halftime of the Virginia game comes and goes without an announcement?

I call upon you sir to reveal the location of the car wash so we may find this rogue agent who continues to mislead huskynation, all for sport.

dayooper

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that ND, LSU, and other top notch P5 programs are going to settle for an up and comer. That is beneath them and maybe Herman will be the exception. I expect many P5 schools will get their coaches poached thus starting the giant domino effect that will cause those P5 schools to take the up and come G5 coaches or coordinators. There's no way I see those big names that may have openings settling for a PJ Fleck or other types of coaches that are having success at smaller G5 schools

Yup, I agree wholeheartedly. I think someone like Pat Narduzzi at Pitt would be a good fit for a team like ND. Will Lane Kiffen get another shot? (No, but stranger things have happened). Would Paul Cryst leave Wisky? How about the Colorado coach? There are just so few quality coaches that seem willing to move, I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom