Car Wash Has Some Big Deals... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Car Wash Has Some Big Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Word from the car wash WF RR guy is that his source says rumor inside the ACC is that the Big 12 will announce the expansion candidates on or before August 29. I said I hope they're right, the suspense is killing me. UCONN is one of the candidates, TV still drives the bus and the expansion will be 4, not 2. He stands by the 4, UCONN, BYU, CINCY and HOUSTON. There you have it, go UCONN !!!!
you're dead to me

Reaction Score
Aresco at the game, what's that say? Hmmmm.. Lee Perkins former Kansas and Uconn AD here too
I am sorry to say, but I believe Aresco at the UConn game is a bad sign for UConn as far as Big 12 invite. He wouldn't be there if he knew UConn was leaving, and I'm sure that he knows the situation.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I am sorry to say, but I believe Aresco at the UConn game is a bad sign for UConn as far as Big 12 invite. He wouldn't be there if he knew UConn was leaving, and I'm sure that he knows the situation.
Possible,but I stood behind him and he was checking his phone for Big 12 scores, seemed to be searching for teams playing that have been mentioned. Why in the world would they bring Lew Perkins out there. I bet he was chatting with the AD and Herbst to let them know how the Big 12 does things. It may not have been announced at the game, but it's coming...

Reaction Score
Where's his office and where is he from? I'm sure he tries to get too a lot of conf games, esp when AAC hosting a P5. Relax.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He was at a Houston game two weeks ago.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I feel much better now. Thank you all.

The man works in Providence. The conference that pays him seven-figures has a game against an ACC team 90 minutes from his office....

Why wouldn't he be there?

I don't think we're going to the Big 12, but even I don't see disaster in the conference commissioner attending a game at UConn.

Reaction Score
Possible,but I stood behind him and he was checking his phone for Big 12 scores, seemed to be searching for teams playing that have been mentioned. Why in the world would they bring Lew Perkins out there. I bet he was chatting with the AD and Herbst to let them know how the Big 12 does things. It may not have been announced at the game, but it's coming...

Perkins was likely there because UConn was honoring a pile of football captains from the '80's and '90's, may of whom he probably knows.

Reaction Score
The man works in Providence. The conference that pays him seven-figures has a game against an ACC team 90 minutes from his office....

Why wouldn't he be there?

I don't think we're going to the Big 12, but even I don't see disaster in the conference commissioner attending a game at UConn.
Instead of 'puncher of throats' why don't you put 'i don't think Uconn is going to Big 12'.
Might be easier than typing it every time you post.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Try visiting a Notre Dame board if you want to feel better. It's quite entertaining right now.

There are going to be some HUGE job openings this post season. Right now, the LSU job is open (Les Miles fired). If the reports are correct, Brian Kelly was forced to fire his DC today. That signals that he may be done at the end of the season. Who knows how long Charlie Strong will be at Texas? Even Kevin Sumlin at TAMU may be on the hot seat. The USC coach may be done as well. The hot name coaches will be able to name their price.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Try visiting a Notre Dame board if you want to feel better. It's quite entertaining right now.

It's always great visiting Rock's House over at NDNation. The names thrown around include Herman, Cryst, Dantonio and Stoops. There was one guy who said it was time for the Gruden talk to be true this time.

Reaction Score
Stoops will likely be available after this season as well. Actually 3 of them will be.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
There are going to be some HUGE job openings this post season. Right now, the LSU job is open (Les Miles fired). If the reports are correct, Brian Kelly was forced to fire his DC today. That signals that he may be done at the end of the season. Who knows how long Charlie Strong will be at Texas? Even Kevin Sumlin at TAMU may be on the hot seat. The USC coach may be done as well. The hot name coaches will be able to name their price.

Lol that ND thinks firing Kelly would be a good thing.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Stoops will likely be available after this season as well. Actually 3 of them will be.

If Stoops is available, there's another blueblood program looking for a coach.

Reaction Score
If Stoops is available, there's another blueblood program looking for a coach.
I dont see how he makes it to next season. Any more losses in conference play will not go over well, especially if it's UT.

I don't see who is going to fill these jobs to be honest with you. Not a good year to be looking for a coach. Briles is available and I think Mike Leach might have worn out his welcome at WSU.

Reaction Score
I think Diaco is already penciled in for the ND job (1) assuming we can keep it respectable vs. BC; and (2) depending on pant choices as the season progresses (critter pants w leprechauns would mean he's already gone).

Reaction Score
I don't get the negativity on this board recently. UConn is the best property on the board and is going to get taken - period. The details have to be worked out, and that takes time, but the deal will be done. The only question now is whether it's B12, or whether ACC swoops in late. Looks like it's B12. I can live with that - gives us a shot at B1G in 9 years.
We'll still be in the AAC at this time next year, sorry to say.

Reaction Score
I think Diaco is already penciled in for the ND job (1) assuming we can keep it respectable vs. BC; and (2) depending on pant choices as the season progresses (critter pants w leprechauns would mean he's already gone).

I have been trying to avoid posting, but Bob Diaco would have to probably work his way up through another job or two (and have lots of success) before he would get any serious consideration by ND.

Brian Kelly won two national titles at Grand Valley State, won the MAC at Central Michigan and went 34-6 at Cincy. Many ND people thought that his resume when hired by ND was too "small timey".

Kelly could not win over many ND alumni and fans from day one because of that "lack of major college head coaching experience".

Ara Parseghian and Lou Holtz have said over and over that they both needed every bit of major college head coaching experience they had to deal with the media and fan pressures, off-the-field distractions and unique challenges of the ND head coaching job.

Bob Diaco has only been a head coach at one stop and only for three years. He would have no shot at the ND job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom