Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would love Johnson, but I feel like he is a real long shot for UConn RN, why would a coveted player like him want to walk into the current roster situation in Storrs?

Why wouldn't he? Wants to walk in and play and with good guards, makes sense to me. Help bring a program back to where it belongs and he knows that hasn't been that long. Any big should consider.

Reaction Score
Source? If you dont mind me asking
I've got a friend on this board who lives in Lexington. There's a UK sports podcast called Duck & Cover, and one of its hosts reported mutual interest.

Hopefully the guy is just blowing smoke, but there's also a bunch of UK fans on twitter hoping for him like we are.

Reaction Score
I've got a friend on this board who lives in Lexington. There's a UK sports podcast called Duck & Cover, and one of its hosts reported mutual interest.

Hopefully the guy is just blowing smoke, but there's also a bunch of UK fans on twitter hoping for him like we are.
Corey Evans on TOS said we are definitely pursuing him, but that mutual interest has yet to be determined

Reaction Score
His release or his attending UConn?

UConn has been hoping for his release for awhile. He was always the counter to the transfers that have recently happened. Just hope big fish come in and eat this Tuna.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
ftfy

Have we beaten UK head-on for a recruit (that they really wanted) in the last 15 years?

Ater Majok. We won't beat them for Johnson if there is indeed real mutual interest, that's for sure.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Time for Ollie to get in the mud and play dirty. Some negative recruiting is needed here. Ollie needs to convince him at UK he'll end up losing his spot to one and dones, amd he'll ride the bench
As Al Bundy said, "It's only cheating, of you get caught...." Time to start thinking outside the box. ;)

Reaction Score
If we got Sandro, I'd have to disagree. I know all I saw was high light tapes but of all the players in that above list he's my #1. Put him with any other two and I'm going all scrappy on you guys.

Based on the highlight videos?

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't he? Wants to walk in and play and with good guards, makes sense to me. Help bring a program back to where it belongs and he knows that hasn't been that long. Any big should consider.

1) He's not a big
2) I don't think he wants to restore a program, or join a program that is perceived publicly as declining, hence the reason why he left Pitt to begin with.

Reaction Score
1) He's not a big
2) I don't think he wants to restore a program, or join a program that is perceived publicly as declining, hence the reason why he left Pitt to begin with.
We have 10× the talent pitf has right now. We add cam to jalen, and a healthy rique and larrier we on to something. Wed just need avg bigs

Reaction Score
1) He's not a big

1) He's 6'8 he's a "big". PF is a big and as you saw in the tourney teams can win without an actual 5 anyway so we need "tall guys" who can play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Little-bigs, big-bigs come one come all!!

2) Who's asking him to "restore" a program? Asking him to come play with a solid backcourt and get UConn back to what they are, not restore anything. Restore would be a classic car which has been in a garage for 25 years, we are still UConn. And i doubt this kid, who knows UConn to have won championships as he grew up, is as negative about the program as may of our own fans. As a matter of fact I'm sure he perceives UConn in a better light than many here, not sure you want to hear that though.

Reaction Score
1) He's 6'8 he's a "big". PF is a big and as you saw in the tourney teams can win without an actual 5 anyway so we need "tall guys" who can play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Little-bigs, big-bigs come one come all!!

He's not a big. He played the 3 78% of the available minutes for Pitt and never played the 2 or 4 after their lineups were established. We have Larrier and Polley at that spot, and if we get new Diarra he can give some minutes at the 3, plus 3 guard lineups. He's listed at 15 lbs lighter than Vance Jackson.

Reaction Score
He's not a big. He played the 3 78% of the available minutes for Pitt and never played the 2 or 4 after their lineups were established. We have Larrier and Polley at that spot, and if we get new Diarra he can give some minutes at the 3, plus 3 guard lineups. He's listed at 15 lbs lighter than Vance Jackson.
Maybe i'm in the minority, but i'd much rather have Larrier on the wing than the block/elbow, he's one of the few guys on next years team who can create their own shot.

Reaction Score
Maybe i'm in the minority, but i'd much rather have Larrier on the wing than the block/elbow, he's one of the few guys on next years team who can create their own shot.

In KOs system, who you defend is much more important than where you are on offense.

Can Johnson/Larrier defend the 4? Then they are the "4." Heck, if Alterique can defend the 4, he'll be the "4" The offense will play to whatever their strengths are (well, hopefully..) on the other end. Positionless is where it's at

Reaction Score

Our wings are now bigs, positionless. Next year you could find them playing 6 7" 6 8" 6 2" 6 0" 5 11" at a given time so the "bigs" will need to rebound. Obviously Cam is not a "big" but he is with the roster we will have more than likely is my point.

Reaction Score
@husky99 what our are chances looking like with Cam?? If you dont mind md asking

Sounds like we are calling. But other top schools are also. He may be the biggest free agent in college ball or near the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom