Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
most think he's going to mizzou
I mean mizzou only has so many scholarships, right?... everyone seems to be going there these days. All the turnover at mizzou after next season is going to be a thing to see!

Reaction Score
It's like peanut butter ANYTHING and ketchup.

I've done the August_West edit for you; we can all laugh or something and perhaps we can now avoid this derailing into a conversation about rappers' favorite condiments or wherever this may go.

Back on track: I get the sense he can look at our roster and see possibility. The core four we have are really good and KO can plop down a ring from this conference.

Reaction Score
Honest question....Is he a boneyard pipe dream or is there a connection that makes this a real possibility?

No inside info, but I would be shocked if we landed him.

Reaction Score
If we get 3 of Blake Harris, Cam Johnson, Mamoudou Diarra, Kanter, Mamukelashvili that would completely negate the transfers and MAL.

No it wouldn't. I don't care that Durham only averaged 2 points and 2 rebound per game. Losing him completely diminishes the ceiling of next years team in a way that a low-end four star recruit and <20 MPG grad transfer can't undo.

Johnson would be a huge get but he isn't filling the gaping hole we have in the middle and I suspect he will see that and head elsewhere.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No it wouldn't. I don't care that Durham only averaged 2 points and 2 rebound per game. Losing him completely diminishes the ceiling of next years team in a way that a low-end four star recruit and <20 MPG grad transfer can't undo.

Johnson would be a huge get but he isn't filling the gaping hole we have in the middle and I suspect he will see that and head elsewhere.
Does the loss of Steve Enoch and Juwan Durham leave a gaping hole?
They were the gaping hole.

I like their potential but they are replaceable.

Reaction Score

The love affair with Juwan Durham on this board is absolutely absurd. Did he show flashes that he could be a good player? Yes. That doesn't make him irreplaceable. He was essentially a non-factor all season long. If the injuries are the excuse, I don't buy that he'll ever be a great player. He's not the first guy to tear an ACL and he had plenty of recovery time to show more than he did.

Reaction Score

This is soooo far off. Lol. Juwan was not that good last yr and wasnt going to be that much of a game changer next yr. He was not this "inside pressence" you speak of. Because he was a 6'10 bean pole who wasnt good off or def. Sophmore Juwan Durham is easily replaceable

Reaction Score

Id actually argue that both diarras are exact replacements.

Reaction Score
This is soooo far off. Lol. Juwan was not that good last yr and wasnt going to be that much of a game changer next yr. He was not this "inside pressence" you speak of. Because he was a 6'10 bean pole who wasnt good off or def. Sophmore Juwan Durham is easily replaceable

The point isn't that Juwan was good, but that he had a very high ceiling, which raised the ceiling of the team.

Reaction Score
The love affair with Juwan Durham on this board is absolutely absurd. Did he show flashes that he could be a good player? Yes. That doesn't make him irreplaceable. He was essentially a non-factor all season long. If the injuries are the excuse, I don't buy that he'll ever be a great player. He's not the first guy to tear an ACL and he had plenty of recovery time to show more than he did.
He made about two good plays this season.

Reaction Score
A high ceiling, yes. For next year!?! I dont buy it

Unfortunately, we will never know. He clearly wasn't impressive this past year but I won't forget that video of him giving Tony Bradley work. Back to back acl's is no joke (see Giles, the one time top recruit in this loaded class) but there is a lot of talent in there somewhere.

Reaction Score
It was two torn ACLs back to back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc