Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt | The Boneyard

Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I would love him, admittedly not knowing anything about him beyond the cursory.

He seems to be a perfect fit for a need.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
This is one they can't afford to miss out on. We won't have to compete with ACC schools, and we have a gaping hole for him to suck up 30 min of PT. Oz made it seem like the staff is prioritizing him, hopefully that's the truth.

Reaction Score
2 years of this guy + Larrier + Gilbert + Vital + Adams (a guy can dream) and any kind of a frontcourt presence, that's an Elite-8 caliber team in 2019.

we would be in fantastic shape, that's for sure

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Rumored this was going to happen since last Friday. Cam thought he was joining Jamie Dixon and had a chance for a deep tourney run alongside Young and Artis. Didn't happen and now he doesn't want any part of a rebuild.

So to get Cam, KO has to convince him that UConn is going to have a deep tourney run.

I don't know if KO can be that convincing, especially in light of all the defections.

Reaction Score
Rumored this was going to happen since last Friday. Cam thought he was joining Jamie Dixon and had a chance for a deep tourney run alongside Young and Artis. Didn't happen and now he doesn't want any part of a rebuild.

So to get Cam, KO has to convince him that UConn is going to have a deep tourney run.

I don't know if KO can be that convincing, especially in light of all the defections.
"Deep tourney run" and "Pitt" don't really go together. It's like peanut butter and ketchup.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score

If Jamie Dixon could convince him that he could coach Pitt to a deep tournament run, then KO can certainly get this done...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
"Deep tourney run" and "Pitt" don't really go together. It's like peanut butter and ketchup.

I actually think Dixon would've won more than enough to take the Pitt mess to the dance and possibly gotten out of the first weekend with a decent draw. Stallings didn't have a shot with those guys - completely different style and focus.

Reaction Score
Honest question..............Is he a boneyard pipe dream or is there a connection that makes this a real possibility?

Reaction Score
Honest question....Is he a boneyard pipe dream or is there a connection that makes this a real possibility?
Oz tweeted we were going after players "like Cam Johnson"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer