Calhoun transfer from Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the day Calhoun committed to Duke, Geno said something like, "It's great to wake up to good news," without making it clear exactly what the good news was.

I recall that. It looked like a mock on Coach P's tweeting fever, not a ding on a kid. Geno is not that way ... mostly.... unless he is on a Championship Bus Ride through Hartford with an open mike.

Reaction Score
It's also an odd time to transfer as she'll have to sit out a whole year. Something must have happened in the past two weeks as it would have been much better for her if she had transferred a few weeks earlier or waited till the end of the season (now basically not play for a year and a half unless she gets some kind of special waiver).
she will be able to play after the fall 2015 semester ends

Reaction Score
I'm not a fan. She has athletic talent but is a chucker and a poor one at that. With Salvadores, Lambert, and Suggs coming next year, I think Calhoun would've eventually gotten buried.

I personally don't think any (next year) incoming recruits had anything to do with this at all. We can all speculate without the facts.

One thing is for sure. As a freshman she played decent. And decently enough to be a starter next season. Could it be there is going to be a coaching change? Yet another speculation on my part.

Nevertheless, this is a shocker to my ears. I can't stop scratching my head. Earlier when browsing the scores I was curious why she wasn't in the lineup. And this news just answered my curiosity.

Can't wait til the facts do surface. If they will at all. I hope it does.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I personally don't think any (next year) incoming recruits had anything to do with this at all. We can all speculate without the facts.

One thing is for sure. As a freshman she played decent. And decently enough to be a starter next season. Could it be there is going to be a coaching change? Yet another speculation on my part.

I doubt it was the reason, I just think it'll turn out best for her. I'd suggest her PT would've been much more limited if Duke had any guards to speak of this year. She's shooting 31%. Mo Jeff was in that range early as a frosh but she had no idea of what she was doing offensively. Calhoun is getting some quality shots, she just can't hit them. And her A/TO ratio is poor as well.

Reaction Score
Unhappy parents? Look what they've endured with their son here in Storrs. Have to think it's more than that.

Reaction Score
I am fighting hard not to put a post on the men's board titled "Calhoun now transferring..."

Fight it off, Dove. Fight it!

Do it Dove - c'mon you have to

Reaction Score
iconfit be fun to play for JPM- to much fun to finish the season
Why would you want to play for a coach who has no confindent in her team and doesn't have their backs in losses like the uconn games and games they should of won

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So I went back and looked at the timeline/history of Sierra Calhoun and UCONN...

3/19/13 Edwards verbals
3/29/13 Williams verbals

According to the UCONNblog, she had an offer from Geno, but I don't really recall seeing much about it, and I suspect that when Calhoun verbaled to Duke on 8/4, Geno was already looking at Nurse who verbaled to UCONN 11/19

At any rate, it seems she did have an offer, but I'm not sure how long she had it for or if Geno decided to start recruiting over her since she seemed hesitant given his lack of promises for PT etc....

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If she finds a Juco, couldn't she play right away? If so, she could transfer up after May, and sit out only part of the season when she transfers.

HGN

Reaction Score
I am sorry to hear that she is leaving Duke. Especially since she had an offer from the Huskies.....I don't think she will end up at UConn. It's going to be interesting to see where she lands though.

WHY she is leaving is the question. Sadie left UConn because of lack of PT. But that's not the case with Sierra. She was starting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Nevertheless, this is a shocker to my ears. I can't stop scratching my head. Earlier when browsing the scores I was curious why she wasn't in the lineup. And this news just answered my curiosity.

Can't wait til the facts do surface. If they will at all. I hope it does.
I suspect it may just be a bad fit. It happens. I wish her the best.

Reaction Score
Why would you want to play for a coach who has no confindent in her team and doesn't have their backs in losses like the uconn games and games they should of won

Why would you think I was serious ? JPM is a selfish ####, who is lucky to have a long term contract - or she would be fired

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure. She won't be transferring to any juco program. Division 1 only.

January 04, 2015

Calhoun to Leave Women’s Basketball Program

DURHAM, N.C. – Freshman Sierra Calhoun has decided to leave Duke University, school officials announced Sunday. Calhoun departs Duke in good academic standing and is expected to transfer to another Division I school.A native of Brooklyn, N.Y., Calhoun had started all 13 games for the 10th-ranked Blue Devils averaging 10.1 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.1 steals on the season. "We appreciate Sierra very much and wish her the very best," said Duke head coach Joanne P. McCallie.

More Coverage

If she finds a Juco, couldn't she play right away? If so, she could transfer up after May, and sit out only part of the season when she transfers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When she gave her verbal in August 2013 her Dad said two of the factors were Alexis Jones and Coach P. Course, Alexis headed off to Baylor and Coach P - well, she may have gotten to know Coach P better. Still, if she heads off to Baylor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom