Calhoun transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
RZM33.gif

Reaction Score
Should the prospect rating services create a new category for potential Duke transfers?

(Or should that just be taken care of on the BY?)
ome
I believe we would out do them. Have we forgotten our most famous transfer. Our record for the past couple of years has not been good. As for Calhoun, when she verballed to Duke I wrote that the so-called first class educ comes with sour grapes. My friend and colleague who is a Duke grad and a bb nut, told me that is a very difficult place to be a minority student. It's no laughing matter. Some of our Duke visitors can comment on this. I am not suggesting that this applies in the case of Calhoun but.....

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
It is serious.... There's some stuff going on, and i'm sure a lot more i'm not aware of...

Did you say stuff? You talkin' to me when you say stuff? Don't tell me there's stuff!

Is it like Oreo stuff?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Some kids just don't seem to much enjoy playing for Coach P.
No one ENJOYS playing for Geno either. Practices are hard and one is pushed beyond their limits. People are challenged when playing for Geno. Enjoying isn't a term I would use. :)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No one ENJOYS playing for Geno either. Practices are hard and one is pushed beyond their limits. People are challenged when playing for Geno. Enjoying isn't a term I would use. :)

I am sure you are right about the PRACTICES, Br'er Bear, but I think there are times when PLAYING for him must be great fun. Like maybe the last five minutes of NC games.

Reaction Score
Malevocalist# "Could it be there is going to be a coaching change?" [at Duke]

With several HS All-Americans every year, McCallie's Duke teams have been among the most disappointing, perennial underachievers in WCBB, if success is measured by NCAA Tournament performance. Given their consistently excellent regular season records (almost 30 wins a year) and with talent rated at the very top in the nation, it is perplexing that under McCallie, Duke has only one Final Four appearance (a 2006 Championship game loss to Maryland, 78-75). With a top-notch coach and the continued ability to attract the best HS players, how could Duke NOT become a FF and NC contender- rather than pretender- every year?? And perhaps that new coach could build a Duke team that might resume the UConn series and actually give UConn a competitive game !! NAHHHHH.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
yes, but just because we think a coaching change is in order doesn't mean her bosses are ready to do anything. If I were them, I'd hire Tara's sister Heidi...but how long were the Jets subpar under Rex Ryan?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think "no one" is an exaggeration. I'm sure there are players who enjoy Geno's practices (Morgan Tuck and Kelly Faris come to mind as two likely possibilities), just as there are recruits who enjoy Marine basic training and law students who enjoy the first year at Harvard Law School. Many people enjoy Outward Bound experiences.

If you can feel yourself developing capabilities that you barely knew you had, and the results are apparent in games, you will have a sense of enjoyment to go along with the exhaustion.

It is the players who thought that they could coast along on their physical talent that have a rude awakening. Another group that may have difficulty are players who are discovering for the first time that there are other players on their team who are better than they are at what they thought they were good at. Saniya may belong to the latter category.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
  • Blue Devils entered the season thin at the guard position, and Calhoun's departure stretches the backcourt even more. Just three scholarship players—senior Ka'lia Johnson, redshirt freshman Rebecca Greenwell and junior Mercedes Riggs—remain, and will likely log heavy minutes for the rest of the season.
  • Calhoun is the third Blue Devil to transfer in the past three seasons. Sierra Moore left Durham for Penn State after her freshman season, and Alexis Jones transferred to Baylor after her sophomore campaign
  • "It's definitely tough losing a player," Williams said. "Sierra's great, we love her. I think it was just important for us, the seniors, to make sure that the team focuses on each other and what we have with us today."
http://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...erra-calhoun-leaves-program-expected-transfer

Not that it's a huge deal, but it's actually the fourth Blue Devil to transfer in the past three seasons. Kianna Holland, who didn't play because of injury, transferred to Ohio State. I find it interesting that Duke Chronicle forgot that when she left last year around this time.

Reaction Score
Correction. I mistakenly credited JPMcCallie with taking Duke to the 2007 NC game (loss to Maryland). WRONG ! Her Duke teams have NEVER made it to even one Final Four. It was her predecessor Gail Goestenkors.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
What Mike Flynn's said is very serious. I believe the truth is going to come out very soon. As far as Sierra she wanted to come to UConn but was told she would start at Duke. So she went there. Sierra is a very nice girl, and a very good player. I have also heard she wants to come to UConn now. Is there room? That's Genos decision.

Reaction Score
What Mike Flynn's said is very serious. I believe the truth is going to come out very soon. As far as Sierra she wanted to come to UConn but was told she would start at Duke. So she went there. Sierra is a very nice girl, and a very good player. I have also heard she wants to come to UConn now. Is there room? That's Genos decision.

Given the fact that Geno did offer others In the 2014 class that he did not get including Calhoun. I am sure there is room for a 5* 6 foot 1 talented guard. We should see how things unfold. Nothing wrong with a deep talented roster when injuries come to mind. And I am sure he will find playing time for her.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
yes, but just because we think a coaching change is in order doesn't mean her bosses are ready to do anything. If I were them, I'd hire Tara's sister Heidi...but how long were the Jets subpar under Rex Ryan?

It would take about 2 Mil. to buy her out now. She will be sent to a corner with a time out
and told to bring her short fuse down a notch or two.

Reaction Score

Maybe not when they're going through it. But I can't remember anyone who has not come back to practice or play in some pro-am game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I would not be surprise if Sierra contacts UCONN and Geno. Doesn't mean he'll say yes but it never hurts to ask.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think "no one" is an exaggeration. I'm sure there are players who enjoy Geno's practices (Morgan Tuck and Kelly Faris come to mind as two likely possibilities), just as there are recruits who enjoy Marine basic training and law students who enjoy the first year at Harvard Law School. Many people enjoy Outward Bound experiences.

If you can feel yourself developing capabilities that you barely knew you had, and the results are apparent in games, you will have a sense of enjoyment to go along with the exhaustion.

It is the players who thought that they could coast along on their physical talent that have a rude awakening. Another group that may have difficulty are players who are discovering for the first time that there are other players on their team who are better than they are at what they thought they were good at. Saniya may belong to the latter category.

You and Zorro really missed the icon. It was sarcasm.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe not when they're going through it. But I can't remember anyone who has not come back to practice or play in some pro-am game.
Exactly. That is why the smilie.

Reaction Score
How about a Nurse, Calhoun, Lou,Tuck, Butler starting line up in 2016-2017? I could see her at South Carolina maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom