Calhoun transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Started every game, averaging double figures. [mod edit]

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Considering her offensive inefficiency and the plethora of highly rated guards coming in, it was probably a good idea.

Reaction Score
It's also an odd time to transfer as she'll have to sit out a whole year. Something must have happened in the past two weeks as it would have been much better for her if she had transferred a few weeks earlier or waited till the end of the season (now basically not play for a year and a half unless she gets some kind of special waiver).

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
WOW is right! That is quite surprising. She would have a year of experience in JPMs system.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

Reaction Score
I agree- this is a very odd time to transfer. However, we don't know what transpired in the past few weeks, or whether things have been brewing under the surface since the start. Regardless, I wish her all the best wherever she ends up. She's a talented scorer.

Reaction Score
Considering her offensive inefficiency and the plethora of highly rated guards coming in, it was probably a good idea.

Really? We'll take her.

EDIT: she has already been removed from the Duke online roster

Reaction Score
WOW is right! That is quite surprising. She would have a year of experience in JPMs system.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

it must be fun to play for JPM- to much fun to finish the season

Reaction Score
There was a reason she was not offered or pursued by Geno. Suffice to say she won't end up here. Having said that, I think she's a solid player and could see her thriving no matter where she ends up. Not sure what happened at Duke - she was a starter and getting the PT she and her father wanted. AT least it seemed that way...
She was definitely offered and most thought it was a foregone conclusion that she would matriculate at UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Really? We'll take her.

EDIT: she has already been removed from the Duke online roster

I'm not a fan. She has athletic talent but is a chucker and a poor one at that. With Salvadores, Lambert, and Suggs coming next year, I think Calhoun would've eventually gotten buried.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Speculation on the Duke board it was dictated by unhappy parents. Then there is a segment that is just reacting. Such as: "A starter transfers after 1 semester....I'm waiting for the spin cycle other than the Coach being crazier than a $hithouse rat..." I feel the pain of the Dooksters.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We wouldn't have room for her, anyway. She'd be as frustrated as Sadie with the lack of playing time.
I originally thought Geno and CD backed off of her, but I went back and checked, and she did have an offer from UCONN. I'm thinking, though, maybe UCONN cooled off on her once Sadie verbaled? I realize they play different positions, but I thought leading up to her Duke verbal we had sort of moved on? Maybe I'm wrong tho. I couldn't find much on it in our past threads - maybe someone with a better memory can say...

Reaction Score
She shot 0-8 against Uconn, so she must have taken some of the brunt of the
coach's ranting after she was pulled out from under the bus.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan. She has athletic talent but is a chucker and a poor one at that. With Salvadores, Lambert, and Suggs coming next year, I think Calhoun would've eventually gotten buried.
Well you think different (better) coaching might help her with that? I would have loved to have her here, but I wouldn't trade any of the scholarship players for her.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the day Calhoun committed to Duke, Geno said something like, "It's great to wake up to good news," without making it clear exactly what the good news was.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well you think different (better) coaching might help her with that? I would have loved to have her here, but I wouldn't trade any of the scholarship players for her.

Maybe. She was second on the team in field goal attempts until just recently despite shooting 31%. She's 29% from three yet has taken 62 of them. I guess someone has to shoot on that team, but she has a reputation of being a shot-misser going back to HS. One of my keys for the UConn game was backing off her.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Sierra wasn't happy at Duke where she was starting, its unlikely she would consider UConn where most likely she doesn't start when eligible. I'm not sure Geno would even consider Sierra, even though she's a talented player. She probably would be a great fit at St Johns or Seton Hall if she was interested.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Sierra wasn't happy at Duke where she was starting, its unlikely she would consider UConn where most likely she doesn't start when eligible. I'm not sure Geno would even consider Sierra, even though she's a talented player. She probably would be a great fit at St Johns or Seton Hall if she was interested.

Just recently, I think in a piece on Butler, Geno confirmed that his taking a transfer is pretty much against his philosophy and, obviously, this is not a case for making an exception.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the day Calhoun committed to Duke, Geno said something like, "It's great to wake up to good news," without making it clear exactly what the good news was.
Sounds sarcastic... fits.

Reaction Score
Just recently, I think in a piece on Butler, Geno confirmed that his taking a transfer is pretty much against his philosophy and, obviously, this is not a case for making an exception.

We would never take a Duke transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger