Byron Jones broad jump combine record | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Byron Jones broad jump combine record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Athletic and smart. Two things NFL GMs salivate over. Plus he produced very well at UCONN during lean years. Shows character. I think a Second Day (rounds 2 or 3) pick isn't out of the question.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He'd be a perfect pick for my Steelers at 56 or 88 if he's still there. Rooney's would love this kid.

Back off Terrible Towlie! :) If my Pats lose Revis, he'd be a nice consolation prize. Keep Jones in New England!

Reaction Score
Back off Terrible Towlie! :) If my Pats lose Revis, he'd be a nice consolation prize. Keep Jones in New England!

So they can waive him after 2 seasons like D. Butler? ;) Byron will be jumping his way to Pittsburgh! :p

Reaction Score
Congrats to Byron Jones, future Oakland Raiders 1st round draft pick!

Reaction Score
Not taking anything away from Jones cause he sure is an athlete, but we need talent, not 2 star talent. 2011 5-7, 2012 5-7, 2013 3-9, 2014 2-10. Two star players produces these types of records just saying, but anyway good for you Byron.

You are taking something away from EVERY kid who played in this Program since 2003 with this idiocy. We went to several bowl games and achieved far beyond what knowledgeable experts thought. Nah ... we aren't Ohio State & we aren't even Purdue ... YET. But, we had a brilliant evaluator of a HC that brought lots of kids from under rocks up to NFL and high college level. Byron Jones DOES prove the contra point to whatever you are selling: this Star crap is meaningless.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wikipedia updated that fast:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_long_jump said:
The current world record is held by NFL prospect and former University of Connecticut cornerback Byron Jones who recorded a jump of 3.73 m (12 ft 23⁄4 in) at the NFL Combine on the 23rd of February, 2015.[1]

So you know its a real thing. That is super impressive.

Reaction Score
If someone posted that playing the Daily Numbers is a bad investment, we'd get a post everytime someone saw a ticket cashed at a gas station as if it was argued nobody ever wins.

Branch, Butler, McClain, Howard, Gratz, Wilson and Jones.....that's a lot of winning lottery tickets at CB that the recruiting sites missed.

Reaction Score
Actually ... as uconndogs knows ... this is the argument on Stars that has been here for 10 years +.

Stars are extraordinarily poor way to judge recruiting (particularly in the Northeast). Correlation of Stars to the UConn years (late HCRE, PP, and first year of Diaco) Won Loss record can not be achieved through the Regression Analysis presented.

The biggest Black Eye of the last 5 years is that we brought kids in (that we now can evaluate better in hindsight) that never last more than 18 months. We were woefully lacking in depth at this time last year. I can categorically go through the 2 & 3 Star ratings (of UConn) & say that most of them were not the rank/order (or Stars if we were to go to that) today what we thought the day of their signing.

I believe, and have for over 10 years, that the absolute 4 & 5 Stars are largely correct in these Ratings Services. That's not statistically significant given that we are talking 100s of kids out of 4000.

Reaction Score
Nobody has ever said that. Literally nobody.

Maybe not on BY, but I've seen comments on various other social media or news sites from so-called UConn fans and Pasqualoni apologists bashing this recruiting class when Diaco has only been here a year and this is his first full recruiting class. I've read absurd comments from fans that would have you believe they fired Bear Bryant for Diaco. Be it the Courant comment section or Facebook fan pages, it's out there.

Reaction Score
Maybe not on BY, but I've seen comments on various other social media or news sites from so-called UConn fans and Pasqualoni apologists bashing this recruiting class when Diaco has only been here a year and this is his first full recruiting class. I've read absurd comments from fans that would have you believe they fired Bear Bryant for Diaco. Be it the Courant comment section or Facebook fan pages, it's out there.

I didn't realize that Weyuo and Srqhusky had that many different pseudonyms.

Reaction Score
Great job Byron! UConn getting great exposure on NFL Network now…Can't help but think that Balis and S&C program at UConn helped him get the most of his natural abilities.

Reaction Score
UconnFamily said:
Not taking anything away from Jones cause he sure is an athlete, but we need talent, not 2 star talent. 2011 5-7, 2012 5-7, 2013 3-9, 2014 2-10. Two star players produces these types of records just saying, but anyway good for you Byron.
I'd take 85 Byron Jones' any day.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually ... as uconndogs knows ... this is the argument on Stars that has been here for 10 years +.

Stars are extraordinarily poor way to judge recruiting (particularly in the Northeast). Correlation of Stars to the UConn years (late HCRE, PP, and first year of Diaco) Won Loss record can not be achieved through the Regression Analysis presented.

The biggest Black Eye of the last 5 years is that we brought kids in (that we now can evaluate better in hindsight) that never last more than 18 months. We were woefully lacking in depth at this time last year. I can categorically go through the 2 & 3 Star ratings (of UConn) & say that most of them were not the rank/order (or Stars if we were to go to that) today what we thought the day of their signing.

I believe, and have for over 10 years, that the absolute 4 & 5 Stars are largely correct in these Ratings Services. That's not statistically significant given that we are talking 100s of kids out of 4000.

Keep building that same strawman over and over... who cares if it's an argument you've invented right?

BTW.... r=.77. Keep claiming the opposite against the actual evidence - it helps lend a certain (lack of) credibility to your posts.

Keep up that super positive stance that UConn can't compete with FBS schools for talent. That's my favorite disconnect.

Reaction Score

like the 3 star talent you have a photo of in your signature? More of them?

We just had a kid who made more of a name for himself and the program, and you hijack the conversation for this?

Reaction Score
Keep building that same strawman over and over... who cares if it's an argument you've invented right?

BTW.... r=.77. Keep claiming the opposite against the actual evidence - it helps lend a certain (lack of) credibility to your posts.

Keep up that super positive stance that UConn can't compete with FBS schools for talent. That's my favorite disconnect.

You have no REAL evaluation of Talent. That is the argument. Offers or Stars ... brings you back to the same point; there is nothing to what you are using. Both are deeply flawed. They just don't have statistical significance. And your r=.77 has lots of exogenous factors that come into play. (like this is remedial math)

No one is arguing that UConn can't compete: this is your REVERSE REVERSE Strawman.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have no REAL evaluation of Talent. That is the argument. Offers or Stars ... brings you back to the same point; there is nothing to what you are using. Both are deeply flawed. They just don't have statistical significance. And your r=.77 has lots of exogenous factors that come into play. (like this is remedial math)

No one is arguing that UConn can't compete: this is your REVERSE REVERSE Strawman.

Offers actually are a textbook evaluation of talent by professionals.

Do you think the NFL draft isn't an evaluation of talent either?

They don't have statisical significance except for the obvious correlation in the regression. Bonus statistic that correlates perfectly: 31-49.

I hope that your constant arguments against logic and evidence are satisfying whatever emotional need you have for your version of reality to be correct. So desperate to sell your version that you have to pathetically share your academic credentials to attempt to give your argument credibility.

You can continue to recite your mantra until the end of time, but anyone who is willing to accept how the sport functions understands that at an aggregate level offers matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom